Chemist

Posted On:
    10/15/2004 7:12am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Adriano Lucio Seminar

We had a BJJ seminar on Wed. night with Adriano Lucio, Brazilian Top Team. It was really good, and I highly recommend training with him if you ever get the chance. He's a really cool guy and is a pretty good teacher. He rolled with every one of us. He tapped me like six times in four minutes, and I think he was just toying with me. Luckily for me, I'll get another session on Saturday morning before he leaves town. In the picture, he's the guy in the blue gi.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lucioseminar2a.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	2434  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chadadriano1a.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	2435  

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    10/15/2004 7:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any details, or am I missing another thread?
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    10/15/2004 7:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lucky bastard.

Chemist

Posted On:
    10/15/2004 8:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matsufubu
    Any details, or am I missing another thread?
    no, I'm just having a narcissistic moment where I imagine that everybody cares about my training

..... and I want everybody to know that Adriano is pretty cool and should seize the opportunity to train with him if they get the chance.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/15/2004 8:39am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Glad to hear he's a great teacher. I'll definitely check him out if I get a chance.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/15/2004 8:54am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What did he teach at the seminar? Does he have any particular skills that set him apart, i.e. armlocks, half guard, etc? If so, did he cover it?

Chemist

Posted On:
    10/15/2004 9:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well still being a noob myself, I'll try to give the best answer I can but I don't know what else to compare him to because my experience is extremely limited....

I've been told that Adriano likes to work conditioning and drills, and also rolling with goals. We do a drill where we practice getting the armbar from guard with our hands behind our head, or we roll for three minutes just trying to break someone's guard while they're trying to sweep us, and stuff like that.

On Wednesday night, he covered a sweep where he gets the butterfly and flips you over head like a tomoe nage. We also worked on getting the omoplata from the guard. After working those for a while, we all sparred. Not sure what we're doing on Saturday morning.

Probably the biggest thing I noticed when rolling with him is that he was really good at getting a grip early either on my cuff or on my lapel deep inside my neck which made it hard for me to get any control. And having a considerable weight advantage on him, I'm usually pretty good at pushing guys off of me, but he was pinning me down pretty good. Couldn't really find any openings without giving him something to sub me with. He likes the knee on chest where you can armbar either arm or go for the choke. It's like you have to choose the submission that he's going to do on you because you know you're f'ed no matter what you do.