Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101617181920 2122 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/08/2004 9:18am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On reviewing some of the other vids availible, I don't think Blad3 Windu was that bad there.
    Giving SamHarber the takedown still looked fucked up either way, and of all the moves to do why pull side mount Sam? WHY!?!?!? WHY!?!?!?

Onecardshort was choked out from a forearm choke? LOLZ! :D
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Not remotely funny

Posted On:
    11/08/2004 9:43am

supporting member
     Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bastard! Yes, but mainly as he found himself unable to continue grappling after a mere 21/2 mins and was not minding where the bloody arms were going any more. Tapping seemed like a very good option as opposed to ending up on my back yet again...

Posted On:
    11/08/2004 10:34am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Check your PMs.

You have to train to be comfortable in all positions, least you wind up on your back in real life. I would have scooted my hips outwards away from hip, then followed that away with my body as I shrimped to get him back in my guard, as well as try to get his arm to release some pressure off my neck. Look into neck conditioning as well man!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    11/08/2004 11:26am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blad3
    I was told to push hips to the floor today. Move more quickly, I'll try. Go for submissions because just thinking doesn't work, Got it :P
    If you are really as bad as everyone says (my work computer is still fucked) forget the subs and learn to hold position and to transition between positions. Knowing subs is worthless if you can't hold positions and set them up properly.

Grappling is about position, particularly if you're more interested in mma than subwrestling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/12/2004 11:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love how nice you guys are with each other, every thing is nice you pass the others persons guard and they put up no fight. One person did a sweep from the closed guard that I have never even seen before. Do you guys even really have mma experience or are you just a bunch of fans bullshiting.

Taking a break

Posted On:
    11/13/2004 9:11am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tote
    I love how nice you guys are with each other, every thing is nice you pass the others persons guard and they put up no fight. One person did a sweep from the closed guard that I have never even seen before. Do you guys even really have mma experience or are you just a bunch of fans bullshiting.
    On the whole, we're fairly inexperienced. But we're learning. We're also prepared to open ourselves up to criticism. Constructive criticism is always good. Your criticism is as welcome as Serious Harm offering to show us the REAL way to fight.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Middleweight

Posted On:
    11/13/2004 10:21am

supporting member
     Style: MT, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How exactly can you call what we are doing bullshitting?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    2/12/2005 9:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WSL Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anybody have working links to the vids?

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    2/02/2008 12:37am

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is one of the most important threads in Bullshido history and needs to be bumped for a new generation of posters. It also brings to light the alarming loss of an important cultural milestone: the epic duel that transpired between Blad3 and Sam. The Video In Question that triggers the fiasco was completely lost; no one on Bullshido preserved a copy of the fight when the hosting site went down. As such, many readers may be confused as to how anyone could really suck so bad as to trigger this monolithic shift in site policy. The answer, I'm afraid, is still up for debate, but yeah, it really was that bad.

If anyone has a copy of the Blad3 v. Sam match, put it on Youtube. It needs to be shared.

Anyway, the thread itself is the sort of swashbuckling high Internet drama that you're deeply ashamed to be involved in but participate in anyway, but peters out somewhat anticlimatically and leaves out an important epilogue I refer to as The Blad3 Windu Papers.

A couple months after yelling at some British kid over the Internet for not being a very good wrestler, this message appeared in my Inbox from Blad3. This letter, and its followup, are never before seen events and shed piercing insight into a mind of unbelievable depravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Blad3 Windu
    Ok, so you seem to "hate" me, which is quite a strong word, especially as we've never met. I've been thinking I probably shouldn't send you this PM as it might piss you off more, but I just want to apologise.

I didn't mean to annoy people or have anyone hate me, including yourself, although it's quite obvious I have. It was never my intention. I don't try to intentionally offend anyone with my opinion and generally speaking I try to be respectful and nice to people in real life, which show's you've got the wrong impression of me, in my opinion.

So sorry. I just want to get back to posting; be part of Bullshido again.

(now feel free to laugh your ass of at my sincerity.)
    The second PM:
    Quote Originally Posted by Blad3 Windu
    lol @ "wounded puppy PM".

Nothing gives - just been thinking about Bullshido a lot recently (yes, I have a lot of free time on my hand's plus I'm a loser ;) ) but I suppose I've never had anyone say "I hate you", and I was just saying there's no real reason to hate me personally as (simply put) "you don't know me" etc and "why can't we all just get along"? :) I just want to be apart of Bullshido again; it's the best forum on the net after all. Having the main member's hate you isn't a good way of being apart of the Bullshidoka community.

Like I said: It was just an apology; I don't ever mean to intentionally annoy anybody.

Now on to Dotcher (this one's going to be difficult, I can tell!)

You've gotten "**** off and die" type PMs? Could you give me an example (just out of interest) pls?

er...it's the least you could do after turning me into a "wouded puppy".

ps I'm surprised at the response.

I thought it would be something like:

"Blad3 this just exemplifies why you're such a loser and a retarded idiot. I don't care about you, don't try to "make friend's", just go back to your playboy mags and deluded perception of MA. You know what? Post away - I don't give a ****. You're dead to me and all the member's of bullshido that matter: You fucked up FOR GOOD. Just to clarify - You're a retard and a hate you.

ps. RETARD" - Boyd.

So just imagine my reaction when I got your actual post.
    I can't really explain to you how it feels to have someone e-prostrate themselves before you. It's flattering until you realize what you're reading, someone literally groveling over the Internet to a complete stranger that holds virtually no moral leverage over him. Why me? Did he view me as some sort of regional Internet Chieftain he had to court to gain the trust of my tribe? Was I part of some whistlestop goodwill tour across the whole board? Did Blad3 have a big comeback planned? Or, perhaps the most likely scenario, did I literally blow his mind with my hardcore flaming?

Either way, this is what a dead body looks like, kids.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    2/03/2008 5:26pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As someone who didn't post (but lurked) here while this was going on but ended up getting a lot of behind the scenes information about changes to Bullshido, and THEN got to see the changes in website policy that resulted from this incident, I think it's impossible to overestimate the importance of Blad3 to Bullshido. Much like the importance of Hitler to the Jews. If he hadn't tried to exterminate them, they would likely not have had the impetus to migrate back to Palestine and boot the Arabs out, or to create the 44th largest GDP out of a resourceless pile of sand.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is this: A lot of us who have been around for a few years are starting to grow concerned by the rapidly expanding user base of Bullshido. I'm not saying you need to be an amateur fighter to post. I'm not saying that your opinion shouldn't count if you haven't been in the military, or competed in submission grappling or kickboxing, or anything like that. That said, there's a difference between Bullshido and fark.com, and I think a lot of you need to take a look at why you're here, and what this website means to you.

Growth isn't always good. Cancer, after all, is uncontrolled cell growth. We need to make sure we're growing in the right direction.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal