Taking a break

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 3:22am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How big is it?
    I PMed you my address, so if you can just burn it onto a CD I can get it hosted.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Badness will not be rewarded

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 3:26am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Still waiting . . . getting 404 errors. I can't wait to see this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 7:30am

Style: sankukai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys if you ever have a throwdown in the UK again, count me in.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 11:34am

supporting member
     Style: MT, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have training tonight, I am going to give it my all and throw every idea I have in its face when I get back and if I fail then I will mail it to you, Sam.

Posted On:
    10/19/2004 7:18pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I've given feedback to blad3 on MSN already, Blad3 you suck. :D Now STFU and go get better, then go train. Glad to hear you're recovering from ebola.

See Onecardshort, I already guessed the whole nature of this thread without reading it. (And reading this damn thread was a waste of time!!! GRRR!!!) If Blade Windu, in the past had not been so 'TMAs suck', 'JJJ doesn't work' and 'just clinch and knee him' or 'pull guard and triangle him and you survive the street' in the past we wouldn't jump on him like this. Now it seems the factor that stuff he tried in the past that didn't work, wasn't the fault of the art, it may be concluded that Blade Windu here was indeed the weakest link. There is no point ragging on him more at this point, as that would be rather redundant, but I was REALLY REALLY suprised at the poor preformance from Blade Windu in that clip with him and SammyH. Even with his disclaimers to me on MSN, which I'll give him the benefit of the doubt....

You guys should next time, try to get all the clips up at the same time, so we won't be all fixated on that bit of tragedy we saw.

DLing the other clips now, and I'll try to give some feedback when I review them.
    Cheers mates.

Quote Originally Posted by SamHarber
    And nobody has ever shown me how to do a crucifix.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SamHarber
    Cool. Obviously I was just doing the inferior Aikido version of the crucifix compared to the much more effective Muay Thai crucifix.

Cheers.
    :icon_roll

Quote Originally Posted by Onecardshort
    SamH & Blad3 should actually get a prize - the pair of them just kept going all day long -
    Right....

Quote Originally Posted by supercrap
    Where's Apostol when you need him?
    Hahaha!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    10/21/2004 4:51am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm hardly the one to give advice, so take it as you will, no one else is doing it.

beaney_vs_liffguard.asx - I will now refer to them as pants and shorts.
    Pants should have driven his body forward to get shorts on his back. 0:04 Shorts should have turned hips over and tried to take mount after sweeping, while pants should have turned his hips over faster to put weight on short's chest. Pants needs to keep the pin tight so shorts cannot get back into guard. Pants should not roll BACKWARDS when going for the AChilles lock. That just gives shorts momentum to stand up and take mount....as demonstrated. Instead, lock it in, and turn to the side, facing 90 degrees from orginal position, can't get up that way can ya? Make sure you isolate the leg as well. 0:53 shorts should have tried a sweep, and stopped worrying about the forearm on the throat. Heh, nice finish.

beaney_vs_unknown.asx - Heh, suplex. Pants when the guy headlocks you, try to get your hooks in from the back and work from there.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2004 5:39pm

Style: Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DM: Nice one for posting the clips - I can't download them though? Don't have the codec ... :(
    I know I'm late in posting this but I think everyone at the throwdown had a damn good time rolling around on the floor floor in an obviously hetro way :D
    Maybe next time I'll try not to get kicked in the balls.....

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/21/2004 6:00pm

supporting member
     Style: MT, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    El Presidente, are you are Harry?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/21/2004 6:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope - it's Mark aka "unknown"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/24/2004 10:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PizDoff. Cheers for the comments, nice to have someone giving me some advice on it. I was Pants btw. I've never done any technical grappling in my life, was just winging it based on what i reckoned would hurt me. You're def right about the hooks while in headlock. Up till now i've never boxed anyone other than a boxer, if threw me a little bit. plus he had arms the length of my legs. But those are poor excuses, i tried working the body a bit, but i needed to move around him more, possibly not as much as in th Sam Harper fight, but def more! Cheers for the comments, any more would be greatly appreciated!!!