Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Not remotely funny

Posted On:
    10/11/2004 3:19am

supporting member
     Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wanders in late as usual - seems to be my signature for this week...

D-vO: thanks for setting everything up for us, that gym was amazing, no frills just doesn't do it justice, it had real character. SamH & Blad3 should actually get a prize - the pair of them just kept going all day long -and thanks to the rest of you for not hurting me too much. It was great to be able to put some names to screen names and I was impressed at how open and friendly everyone was, no egos, no trouble and fun.

Very interesting experience, really glad I went and I will happily wander along to the next one. Hopefully, this time I'll let more people show me the error of my ways (and ninjas do i need to work on my fitness levels...) Thankfully read that Sam's lost most of the footage that I may appear on, thinks about adding some pre-emptive excuses but decides naah, can't be arsed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2004 3:35am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hahaha,

blad4 and that Sam guy really need to do some proper training... Blad3 needs to stop spouting excuses and get his fucking ass on the mat to roll, roll, roll and roll some more to be classified as a BJJ guy; atm, he's just a wannabe keyboard warrior.

Posted On:
    10/11/2004 3:46am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok this is how I saw the fight:

First off this was NOT an MMA match - there was no stand up. I was wearing MMA gloves because I had just bought them and wanted to get used to the gloves. He was wearing gloves probably because of the ground striking which I wasn't aware of, not that it would have made much of a difference because I'm shite and we weren't all that serious at all anyway (strikes on the ground were supposed to be light I guessed towards the end.) I offered no resistance to the crucifix, not even a total n00b would just bend down like that in standup wrestling (which I really do have no concept of)lol. This was just so I could see that aikido etc had something that worked. He attempted a crucifix and didn't finish it properly due to lack of having trained it full contact, but got half way there, not bad for some1's first attempt in FC. I was still offering no/minimal resistance by now. He then released my arm. I saw a Kimura straight away so I just went for it, not thinking about side positioning (thus the flailing legs, no knee on the hips, the other leg out-streched.) I was out of practice and I'm **** anyway. I nearly got it apparently, but I figured I wasn't going to get it after another attempt. I then switched to mount. He tried to buck me a few times but I kept balance (hand/forearm under neck, arm(s) out streched. Maybe Head/weight down) He hit at me - I didn't realise we could strike on the ground till the end, the grappling/"round" then ended. Less than 2 minutes in side control and mount, for some1 as **** as me, at a low begginer level, isn't that easygoing vs a stronger opponent.

There is another clip of me attempting an armbar and failing , but I almost got it from guard then I believe it went/fell into a mount style armbar and I couldn't break the grip because I'm lame and **** (yes I know, I should have tried putting my foot in to try and break his grip. He was stronger than me anyway.) Having said that I still do land submissions in "full contact" sparring practice, totally nullifying the fact that I have "no ground game concept", that combined with the fact I know how to position myself to an extent (some of the time), that I know posturing and guard passing, pushes me easily out of total noobness and into a **** begginer level. As I'm out of practice this skill level and very poor conditioning doesn't help me much either. Plus I was ill and felt I had ****-all enegry. Now I'm going to stfu and get back to training.
    Last edited by Blad3; 10/11/2004 4:14am at .
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Taking a break

Posted On:
    10/11/2004 3:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Bon
    hahaha,

and that Sam guy really need to do some proper training...
    Agreed.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/11/2004 3:50am

Style: Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks all for coming I had a wonderful time but next time I won't be hung over.
    It was a delight to meet some trully impressive Martial Artists.
    On a different note I defend Blad3 because I saw him fight and maybe he is not a technically profficent as others he did train all day and take blows from McKickboxer, when compared in weight and skill is something even I didn't want to do.

Thanks all for coming let me know of the next one if you guys want it in the Midlands or back in Chav central? :D

Posted On:
    10/11/2004 4:03am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Boyd I wasn't refering to the word kimura lol, guess again. It really isn't all that important.

brandeissansoo is correct. Go back and read them if you want - I'm simply argumentative, the way these guys are posting now is as if they thought I said I was good, which I never did. BUT if you want to take sides don't just conform with some high-school flame - have your own opinion, if you want to say something bad about me go ahead, I won't be offended.

They're now using this, which is totally unrelated (as I said I was ****), against me as if it nullifies everything I've said about MA, which is just the level of no logic what so ever I deal with here. Toally simplistic and easy to understand. No one even posted exactly what was wrong, what didn't they think was good? They should at least do that (c'mon, there's even video evidence, you still cant say why? Give an explanation. I've even given an explanation to help you all understand.)

They're actually now trying to prove that I know nothing about the ground game when I definitely do, but now they've gone and used that argument they can't stop, even though I've basically told them why they're wrong + you'll see another clip or two of me. None of them will ever admit they're wrong, imo. Wrong argument guys, you should have stuck to the flaming. To reiterate: the fact that you say I know nothing about the ground game is unarguably wrong.

Funniest of all they actually think it, the flaming, will make a big difference to me???? lol if that's true. :)

Thanks for the concern. Can't say anything more than I have in my defence - but admitting I'm terrible, low level isn't really being argumentative.
    Last edited by Blad3; 10/11/2004 5:22am at .

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Posted On:
    10/11/2004 4:18am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At your level, you have no right to even post on ANY subject with ANY level of authority.
    Guys this is GOLD. It's proof, assuming he is 100% serious, of the level of logic. Because I'm ****, even though I've said that before, I can't post arguments? Nonsense.

But I never even tried to post a subject with a level of authority WTF?? They were/are just my thoughts on MA. lol I can't post thoughts/ideas?? Seriously where did you learn this stuff from Boyd? No offence.

Posted On:
    10/11/2004 4:22am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    atm, he's just a wannabe keyboard warrior.
    WTF is keyboard warrior about saying I'm ****?

Any reason to have a go, even though they totally seem to misunderstand what I've been saying.

The next time you see me anyway I will most likely be ALOT better, which makes this hole thing even more ridiculous. So you say these things, meet up with me one day maybe, but I'll likely be alot better, then what?

btw boyd was it you who said I should be ashamed? Why the **** would I do that to myself? I don't feel the need to "prove anyone wrong" (I would just be proving it to myself anyway), or get upset and self-conscious to improve myself. I know if it's what I like doing I will be happy to continue to practice it.

Surely the idea of flaming in this case is that it "get's to me", this stuff is having no real effect other than to get me to tell you why you used the wrong argument from the start.

Guys you would be right to say I have no concept of striking when in sparring (although I can hit the pads/bags hard) and I know about three take downs and the sprawl all at a very basic low level. Overall I know next to nothing about these two area's. Groundfighting? No you really fucked up there...er cus im ****, but I know something at least.
    Last edited by Blad3; 10/11/2004 4:44am at .

Posted On:
    10/11/2004 4:39am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On a side note: Who do I have to sleep with to get fisted around here?
    Yeah same with me, I want to get fisted too!

Taking a break

Posted On:
    10/11/2004 4:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Going slightly away from the current topic, check out the videos of Chris and Harry. They're both pure tai chi guys.
    Damned good fun rolling with them.
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast