Let us know how it turns out mko818. ;)

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/08/2004 11:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like you've found a club you're happy with, good luck!

For what it's worth, I can give you my opinion on things, in case you decide to continue looking. I've been a member of several different MT clubs, ones that had 1hr, 1 1/2 hr, and 2 hr classes. I've always found the 1 hr classes to be way too short, and would have to think really hard about joining a club with only 1 hr classes. It's hard to accomplish much in 1 hr, once you subtract the time spent on conditioning and stretching and shadow boxing. You really won't get much conditioning work done, nor will you be able to learn/correct/explore much technique work, in that short amount of time. I prefer the 2 hr classes that split things between 1 hr of conditioning and 1 hr of techniques, but 1 1/2 hr classes are okay as well. I would also prefer a club that has enough facilities for me to just show up and use whenever I feel like working on something, even if a formal class is being run at the same time. That way I can attend two formal 2 hr classes a week, and then if I can find the time, I'll make it down to the club on an off day and work on techniques for an hr or so, on my own.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2004 6:20am

Style: lol gun fu teehee

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    agreed with above poster...
    1 hour classes are way too short. Nothing sticks. See if you can come early and stay late. Our main class is only 1.5 hour long, but we have instructor around for another hour+ after and before class.

just because one school has only one instructor doesn't mean his senior students can't teach you or help you along, but go with what you want^_^;
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12