Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/08/2004 12:34am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was just going to ask 'Are you a fucking idiot?' but I already know the answer to that one. Pardon me for my almost outburst.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2004 12:43am

Style: Mung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh sorry pizdoff for the mentaly challanged i thought you might find it "entertaining" that i got kicked in the head like that.. Maybe i should have added an ayyy every now and then just for you

and dude if you keep going like that you are deffinately a shoe in for the "witty remark of the year award" or are you just a post whore

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2004 12:52am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by tai-gip
    im sure we can get around to something where you can prove the benefit of your stand-up transition training :-)

seeing as though we are bagging tkd, it was about 8 years ago i went to a tkd class in a scout hall in croydon just near the croydon swimming pool, went through the class then came the sparring, instructor told me to sit down for this,,,,
    so i went into the corner and threw some kicks he said "ok your in" first student brown belt about 16 i step in slow staight punch straight to face no response, we mess around a bit then change partners ..same thing, went through most of the class exact same move when the instructor comes up throws the student i was linning up with out the way, kia's and just launches a kick at my head, i used a khan sao and front kick to the groin wich i didnt connect, instructor pulls leg back backs a round and goes for a spin as soon as he turns his back i step into his leg with my knee like a leg check and hold my fist at the back of his head, he trys punch, fake, spin from other side same result, im thinking turning the back not a good move so i slowly turn my back to him to show him what an easy target it makes him, he kicks me in the side of the head knocking me to the ground..and said "dont turn your back" yes great idea.... he wouldnt talk to me after the class but all the students wanted to know what i did..
    LMFAO, that is one of the most ridiculous stories I've ever read, but funny as hell...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2004 4:32pm

Style: Korean Capoiera

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OH ****!

I can't BELIEVE I forgot this one...

Some big guy comes into our dojang. He wants to learn Hapkido. That's fine. Problem is, he's got a "zen" book under his arm...

Anyway, he gets his uniform on and starts exercising. My instructor stops class and gets everyone to stand up. He goes over to the new guy and asks him, "So, do you know the difference between inside pain and outside pain?''

New guy says, "Yes sir. Outside pain effects your body. Inside pain effects your mind."

"Wrong!" My instructor yells. He grabs him by the shoulders and goes to work, "Outside pain is when I kick the outside of your leg, inside pain is when I kick the inside!"

Heh heh. Love that master. 9th Dan. Korean. Crazy!
    -SK

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    10/08/2004 4:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL sounds like a korean alright.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Loving Father

Posted On:
    10/08/2004 4:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i got one. . .i got one. . .i got one. . .
    (i could bag tkd, too, but that's too easy, so. . .)

years ago, a couple of my friends from work (i was the fng - f*king new guy) found out i trained in ma's, so they invited me to one guys house where they trained MT. I was interested, as I'd only seen "real" MT in Thailand. Friday after work I followed them there.

They warmed up, then started conditioning, and light bag work. Damn, they were folding the 150 lb bag with their kicks! They went through some trapping drills, followed by inside sparring, and after about two hours, their instructor shows up.

He sets them to some drill, and then tries to make me participate. (I'm in a dress shirt, tie, shoes, and slacks) I tell him I just wanted to watch. He pushes me to try a trapping drill. He explains the drill, the purpose of which is to get to the opponent, and we face off at clinch distance. We start with our hands, fingers together in front of our face, elbows out at shoulder with & height.

The instructor said, "go!" I bop him in the forehead. He tells me I'm doing it wrong, and to go again. I hit him in the nose. He smiles, but looks upset, and before I can say anything he attacks me (within the drill parameters). . .I put him on his a$$, and sit down.

Because he 'disrespected' me, my friend's quit, on the spot.
    I got them to go back, because he is such a great teacher. . .it's not their fault he can't fight. (probably due to the 15 years he spent earning his 5th degree in shorin ryu, before some MT coach he met in a gym kicked his a$$)

`~/

edit: i apologize if this isn't entertaining to you guys. . .i'm still laughing remembering the look on his face as he sat in the driveway.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2004 5:27pm

Style: Korean Capoiera

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh heh. That's good stuff Meex.

BTW, one more entertaining experience...same dojang, same master.

My brother and I were hanging out at the dojang. A new guy from Korea was training with us. He starts shadowboxing and acting tough etc etc...finally, my master walks in and has a quick chat with the guy in Korean.

Finally, the new guy comes over and bows to my brother. He says in English, "Let's fight". My brother looks to my master and the Master gives him the nod.

Before they start, the new guy whispers to my teacher in KOREAN "Can I kick as hard as I want?"

My master laughs and TRANSLATES for us. "Do you mind if he kicks as hard as he can?" My brother laughs and goes, "Sure thing. As long as I can kick as hard as I can."

Heh heh. Love when sneaky buggers get burned. Ah ****...that teacher rules.
    -SK

Loving Father

Posted On:
    10/08/2004 9:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (one for the tkd guys)
    While waiting for my buddy to get off work so we can go play ball, his brother and I were hanging out in front of his store. Out walks their newest employee, who my friend has been telling us was a national age-group champion (tkd) in his native Korea. The brother (who has punk-ass tendencies, and has never backed down from a confrontation - even if his a$$ is about to get jumped) decides to test the young man (17) out.

"Yo, min soo? That's your name, right? Yeah. . .I'm Kevin's brother, and he told us you were bad-a$$ in martial arts. Let's see what you got!" And, proceeds to step to him.

Well, I turned the challenge into a demo. We found a trick that sounded like bs for him to try. . .a jumping back-heel kick 720.

Kev's brother derisively puts a cigarette into his mouth, and tells min soo, "if you can do it, can you kick this cigarette out of my mouth?" Min Soo says, "Sure!" Brother says, "$100"

Korean Dude does the most awesome spin kick I've ever personally witnessed. . .
    and clocks the brother right in the temple/forehead with the heel of his work shoes. KTFO!

We couldn't wake him up, so hadda call the paramedics. . .still LMAO!
    The funny part? He moved INTO the kick at the last minute. Otherwise min soo wouldn't have hit him (or, the cigarette). Not only did he get knocked out, because the shoe did catch the cigarette, he had to pay the $100. (hahahahahahaha)

`~/

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    10/08/2004 9:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I've probably told this before but I'm drinking vodka, listening to Herman Munster and The Twit, so I got enough energy to spare.

I paid a small fee to get a book (bad one) and attend a seminar by a Champion. He's a TKD (not to pick on TKD, they just reproduce so fast). My then instructor at a small school thought this guy was good so I went along and got the promotional 'go for it,' 'geeve 'em,' positive messages and such and at the end we all sparred.

We (maybe a dozen), lined up and got it on for couple minute rounds. After a while I was getting real sweaty and loose and a young guy from Ogden Utah who is actually a good TKD bb looked over at me and shrugged and come to my corner and sparred me. I realized that I was acting as a senior bb and had not moved at all, just let them come to me. So when we broke I walked over to the Champion and we bowed. We were both winded, and he looked at me like I was Father Time and he put his hands on his knees and waited for my feeble attack. I was a tiny bit annoyed that he wouldn't even stand up, but wtf, some of the young guys can get away with it.

So I swept his lead leg and he actually said, "Good." Like I was some idiot n00b. I mean, **** dude, do you think this belt turned grey from bleach? So I did a side step side thrust kick to his head. He is a tourney champ, and he did get his hand up. A bit late, though. His hand and my foot connected with his head and he went back and bounced off the wall. That of course was the last easy point, but I fought him hard, wtf, you are a Champion, right? Let's get it on!

I got some ego boosting feed back later... :)

hey Meex, got my pm??
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Easily Distracted by Food.

Posted On:
    10/08/2004 10:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I honestly can't believe tai-gip posted an "experience" while at the same time ducking JohnnyS. No Contact sparring...as if.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast