Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2004 12:27pm

Style: Progressive Rock :P

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

most "entertaining" experiences?

Hi,

who, among you badasses ;) , has had the opportunity to spar/fight agains BS artists? what kind of experiences?

I remember sparring once against a traditional wing chun guy... poor one, I'm not even gonna describe what happened... what about your XPriences?

wants jade ring

Posted On:
    10/07/2004 12:38pm

supporting member
     Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I spar in a tutu and have no idea what an "XPriencess" is.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    10/07/2004 1:09pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sparred a guy once who felt that TKD was the end all and be all of MA. While his kicks were very tight and fast, it made for a very easy (and painful) sukuinage for him. He switched to jujitsu after that and we worked out 3x a week for a year...he never went back to TKD class again.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2004 4:55pm

Style: Kempo, Catch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the way back when, I owned/ran a dojo. One of the local TKD guys showed up and said he wanted to see what I was made of. I initially turned him down but when he started hassling my students I decided to school the young man.

I was less than impressed. He tried "machine gun" kicking my head with round houses. You know that "tap-tap" thing TKD guys like to do.

I hairbrushed the first one then countered with a vertical punch just below his knee. A step in take down and it was over. Signed him up for lessons the next week.

Posted On:
    10/07/2004 7:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was hoping for one from Tai-Gip, but no such luck :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2004 9:46pm

Style: Poison Pen-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Err...I used to train in TKD...after changing my art, I regularly spar with TKD people to prove that it works since I consider that anything new that I learn should be able to beat TKD or it really isn't that good.

Not to say there aren't badass TKD people around though.

But from what I notice, TKD people (in general) tend to telegraph their movements too much, enough for one to prepare a block or a jam for their legs with one hand and allow the other fist to go to their face.

The silliest encounter I've had with a TKD-er was when he tried machinegunning kick me, and I just put up one hand to absorb whatever little damage he did........and proceeded to push him into a wall and smacked him a little around there. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2004 9:48pm

Style: Korean Capoiera

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This new guy joined my TKD school. Wanted to show off, so he challenged a buddy of mine to a little wrestling. Both these guys had some greco-roman experience, however they were wrestling on industrial carpet. That **** is like sandpaper on your skin...

Anyway, during the match, the new guy's forehead was pressed hard against the floor. To get out of the move, he started trying to turn himself, but ended up spinning on his head instead!

I'm watching this ****, laughing my ass off when I see some blood stains. Then I hear, "Woah! Ouch. ****! Hold on!"

Dude pop's his head up, eyes watering. He's got a PERFECT, dime-sized circle of skin peeled right off in the middle of his forehead. He's still sporting the scar over his eyebrow. Poor, silly, SOB.

SK

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    10/07/2004 9:56pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Kempoist
    In the way back when, I owned/ran a dojo. One of the local TKD guys showed up and said he wanted to see what I was made of. I initially turned him down but when he started hassling my students I decided to school the young man.

I was less than impressed. He tried "machine gun" kicking my head with round houses. You know that "tap-tap" thing TKD guys like to do.

I hairbrushed the first one then countered with a vertical punch just below his knee. A step in take down and it was over. Signed him up for lessons the next week.

That's so cool....you not only got a challenge match in your dojo, but you got a CHALLENGE MATCH FROM A CRAPPY TKD GUY! Man, I might consider taking a job at a dojo somewhere if I knew that it would let me see challenge matches.

I mean, challenge matches are incredibly rare, right? I've never actually seen one occur.

Kudos for smacking the guy down like a real martial artist should instead of doing something lame like threatening to sue him.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2004 11:54pm

Style: Muay Thai + Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My friend boxed this kid, who we all knew was a fuckin clown. Neither of them have any training other than my backyard get togethers. Anyways, the original plan was to make it look like my friend was super crappy and then knock the kid out, but after a minute or so, we realised that the kid was worse then my friend, when he was acting like he sucked. So, my friend felt bad for him and fucked around with him the whole matched. Then dropped him with ine punch, one of the funniest things I've seen, seriously, when someone breaks out into some dance moves in the middle of a match...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2004 12:20am

Style: Mung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by JohnnyS
    I was hoping for one from Tai-Gip, but no such luck :)
    im sure we can get around to something where you can prove the benefit of your stand-up transition training :-)

seeing as though we are bagging tkd, it was about 8 years ago i went to a tkd class in a scout hall in croydon just near the croydon swimming pool, went through the class then came the sparring, instructor told me to sit down for this,,,,
    so i went into the corner and threw some kicks he said "ok your in" first student brown belt about 16 i step in slow staight punch straight to face no response, we mess around a bit then change partners ..same thing, went through most of the class exact same move when the instructor comes up throws the student i was linning up with out the way, kia's and just launches a kick at my head, i used a khan sao and front kick to the groin wich i didnt connect, instructor pulls leg back backs a round and goes for a spin as soon as he turns his back i step into his leg with my knee like a leg check and hold my fist at the back of his head, he trys punch, fake, spin from other side same result, im thinking turning the back not a good move so i slowly turn my back to him to show him what an easy target it makes him, he kicks me in the side of the head knocking me to the ground..and said "dont turn your back" yes great idea.... he wouldnt talk to me after the class but all the students wanted to know what i did..
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast