Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2004 12:52pm

Style: VC gay love massage

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMA, TMA and RSBD are all WRONG!

http://www.circularstrengthmag.com/27/sonnon.html
    RMAX is the Art of Freedom: Freedom, that is, to address your own unique lifestyle, your own unique needs, wants, goals, your own world view. Not someone else's.

I'm American. But for me, America is not merely a place. It's a successful idea of freedom. It is because I was born into this diversely rich culture that I had the courage to confront all of the limited facets of the martial art "industry" - Combat Sports, Classical Arts, and Reality Based Self-Defense. They have each failed us, because each of these aspects of the current martial art community fail to address the freedom of the individual spirit to self-mastery. Why? Because they each deny even the possibility: that you are incapable of developing your own style, that elite competitive achievement equates to mastery, that it will take decades of study of their "interpretation" of arcane wisdom for you to be bestowed mastery upon. Rubbish.

Yes, they all do have some individuals who have managed to become free. But these methods do NOT produce freedom as the norm. These masterful examples are the exceptions to the norm. They release their mastery in spite of their training, not because of it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2004 12:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Indictment of the Classical Arts

The Classical Arts do not teach mastery of the self, but mastery of the style. Yes, you can over decades learn to "apply technique" but through your own ingenuity, not through any direct credit to the "master's style."

When you CHOOSE to transcend their technique, you SEIZE your own mastery!

Each new individual exploring martial art will encounter his own unique challenges. Instructors misperceive these as a mere technical hurdles because of the filter of their indoctrination.

Hurdles, however, are signposts to a profound discovery. You may not consider it profound, but it will be for someone else - just like what is profound for you, may not be for someone else. Each of us has a lock, or series of locks, dependent upon the issues which we have prohibiting our release of self-mastery.

Each style, having been created by one who had mastered himself, possesses its own peculiar matrix of profound discoveries. This is the problem with "styles" in that what may have been profound for the founder who created his style may not be profound for the students studying his style. They may have similar obstacles to their mastery. Or they may just benefit greatly from those unique challenges which the style's founder needed to face in his life/performance/process of self-mastery. But those challenges are not PRODUCED from a CLEAR REFLECTION of each student's unique life circumstances.

The problem with styles is that it's hit or miss if you "vibe" with the same challenges that the master of that style needed to face. If you don't jive with it, it's probably because those challenges don't resonate with you - sure, they're respectable discoveries, but they're not profound to YOU.

Have you ever encountered something that someone else faced and it just rang with absolute truth to you? I've seen these gems across many styles with many grandmasters and masters with whom I've trained around the world.

But the problem with styles is that they were never systematic in addressing OUR unique challenges. In other words, they were never OUR STYLE.

What you encounter with hurdles are the specific challenge(s) which block access to your personal mastery - in other words, with the locks to the development and refinement of your own style.

This is why RMAX is not a style, but a style-generator... a meta-system for creating a formula to address the specific, unique needs of each and every individual.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    10/06/2004 12:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not this **** again...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2004 12:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Indictment of the Reality Based Self Defense

I no longer accept training contracts for short-term, immediate effectiveness. There are an enormous amount of these weekend seminaring programs, and I don't want RMAX associated with these terminating courses. My time is better spent with those intent on long-term, effective efficiency.

These RBSD programs are dominating public awareness due to the fear/urgency buttons they push in their marketing. Overwhelming public perspective with fear may be good for their businesses, but it's not good for individual or social health.

People need to realize that there is a much more empowering, masterful approach - one that reduces and eliminates fear, rather than reinforcing and platforming off of it. I've dedicated my time and energy to those people who desire this, because frankly I believe this is more morally (and tactically) responsible for people individually, and more beneficial for us as a people socially, culturally and globally.

This is why many of the people who come to RMAX are seasoned. They have been through the "wringer" and seen the end conclusions of the immediate effectiveness solution. They have weighed it, judged it and found it wanting in addressing anything more than the immediate fight. Seasoned folks know that the 'fight' is just the symptom of a greater disease.

I discuss this in-depth in Unhinging the Flinch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2004 12:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Indictment of the Combat Sports

I love playing in various combat sports. And of any of the three (Combat Sports, Classical Arts or Reality Based Self Defense), it is the Combat Sports which sometimes offer the greatest degree of personal freedom because your athletic style, although influenced by your coaches, is your own. The recent advent of mixed martial art gyms across the nation and world lends proof that the sports diversify and allow natural, athletic creativity to flow.

However, they hold a fatal flaw that keeps them from tapping the freedom of flow. They have the intention of winning and the intention of avoiding losing. This one very unassuming doctrinal belief alters the course of all training, practice and competition.

I know a bit about winning in combat sports as a former champ and a former US coach in my sport. In athletics, you don't need, nor desire to step outside the rule structure, the parameters of your game. Furthermore, it is detrimental to do so, since all of your training allotment must be precision focused on one solitary goal - victory. No distractions, nothing superfluous - just high percentage moves, and scrimmage, scrimmage, scrimmage.

Mastery of a sport - a specific set of goals, rules and time - is not self-mastery. Yes, some great athletes learn to step outside the shell of their insulated world and look at the "Big Picture" but rarely. And as I have said, these great athletes become great martial artists in spite of their combat sports training, not because of it. Through whatever personal insight, they found a way to transcend their sport to become great martial artists.

It took some severe training for me to be shaken from the dogmatic slumber of my sport. Some austere, desperate epiphanies by the grace of my mentors, and the will of Divinity. But thankfully, I was able to suspend my notions of "victory on the mat" to see beyond into the personal freedom which awaited me.

You can't tap mastery when focused on repetition of high percentage techniques for athletic performance in a particular sport. You don't take chances when you have 8 matches to wrestle in one day. You play it safe, you play smart. You minimize how much you expend, and do so judiciously when you do. You focus on the moves you do best. You learn to stall effectively. You play the zone at the edge of the mat. You learn to look like you're hunting for a submission, while you're catching your breath. You learn to play the game.

As a matter of fact, outside who's the "current champ" there's not anywhere you can go in your development. At the "top" of your sport, there's no where to go but down... unless you choose to stop basing mastery on winning. I look back at the videos of my matches and amused by the so-called "champ" and shall forever be grateful that I longed for more than medals.

When free from the asphyxiating constraints of performing in a match, when free from the need to dominate an opponent, then accessing your personal mastery can truly begin. Because only free from those parameters can you begin to explore, to take daring risks, to step outside of what is considered immediately effective.

Mastery will come only from willing to take daring risks, to have the courage to suspend what you THINK you know, for what lay locked within you waiting for you to remove the rose-colored lenses... the glasses which make everything look like the need to win, and the need to avoid losing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2004 12:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RMAX: Let Freedom Flow

RMAX is not a "new" martial art. It's an entirely new NOTION of what martial art can BE for people. It is the first and only martial art of absolute freedom fostering personal liberty through physical, emotional and mental empowerment.

RMAX isn't Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Okinawan, Brazilian martial art, nor any combination of them. It isn't a sport, to the degree that life is not a game. It is not some "modern" system of personal combat teaching you a collection of techniques to fight some propagandized agenda of the "enemy."

RMAX is the first truly evolutionary martial art. No, it has not been done before. Yes, there is something new under the Sun. Yes, wisdom is perennial. But, no, that doesn't mean that the combat sports, classical arts or reality based self defense provide the true freedom of your own unique style. In fact, they demand that it is not possible without their method of education - indoctrination in their style, system or sport.

RMAX is the first Art of Freedom in the history of mankind because it is the first complete physical culture designed to be a formula for YOU to hold a mirror to your life. This mirror will empower you within your lifestyle, not enslave you to the unknown lifestyle of some style founder, sport champ or some dubious system creator. And, as a result of the freedom it affords, thousands, who never even considered using "martial art" as a vehicle to personal transformation, now embrace RMAX.

No, you don't have to stop your style, your system or your sport... because RMAX will make you better at them, because RMAX makes you better at YOU!

RMAX is about YOU, not someone else. It was joked recently that RMAX was You-Fu, and there is some validity to that humor. It's the only type of martial art ever created to directly and systematically help you release your own unique style of health, fitness, performance and survivability. It's the only type of martial art which directly and systematically releases your own personal mastery.

But most of all, the beauty of this freedom is that RMAX is a community, a deafening voice not just in America, but across the WORLD with thousands and thousands of practitioners demanding mastery not decades from now, not through some sport, but in their entire life NOW!

RMAX is not merely composed not of drills and exercises, not even merely of principles and concepts, but of people connected across the planet. RMAX is first and foremost... a TRIBE of warriors engaged in the true battle against one's own fears, in the fight to release their individual and collective mastery.

Welcome to the Tribe, and the Freedom of Flow you reap from it.

Scott Sonnon

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    10/06/2004 12:56pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshit.

Posted On:
    10/06/2004 1:00pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isnīt this guy subject of a thread in this forum from time to time?

EDITED: At least, each time he releases a new article.

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    10/06/2004 1:00pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/06/2004 1:04pm

supporting member
     Style: SECRET DEADLY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It comes down to NOT copying something someone else has done and calling it NEW.

Any of the systems developed over the last 30 years do not contain anything that has not been done before. How many new styles state " he took the best of what he learned from this style and that style to create the amazing new style"

besides read it through it makes NO sense at all.

" Why? Because they each deny even the possibility: that you are incapable of developing your own style"

Is it trying to say they do not see the ablility to create a style or that they deny that you can not create a style?
    ----------------------------------------
    After reading Jekyll's threads I bring back an old sig.......

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast