Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2008 4:40pm

Style: BJJ and MT at the moment

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Iranian president Ahmedinajad (I hope wrote it right) in America:

press - why do you give death penalty to the homosexuals?

a - our country is not like others.There are no homosexuals in our country.

a strange conversation isnt it :)

By the way I want to say something about what madhorse said too.
    I think the reason is "the restrictions"
    In Islam sexual relationship without marriage is strictly forbidden.
    And in Islamic regions there are death or "cutting the penis" penalties from what I know.
    Restrictions like this but having a high sexual desire this would make people have sexual relationship with males I think.

But like you said Latin culture is very sexualized.There are no restrictions(maybe religionally but not culturally).So this could be preventing them from things like this.

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    3/11/2008 4:58pm

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay guys, if this is going to turn into a discussion on sexual norms in different cultures, you'll need some damn good references proving what you're talking about.

I honestly can't imagine fucking a guy in 21st century Greece to be considered acceptable as long as you don't live together. Homosexuality wasn't even accepted in Ancient Greece, except for a few minor city states (i.e. Lesbos).

Now, as for oil wrestling vs. other grappling, you have to remember that oil wrestlers rely on the pants for leverage and grip a decent amount of the time. That might hinder their ability.

I say a Greco/freestyle/American folkstyle wrestler can beat a yagli gures practitioner within his/her weight class and similar experience level.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2008 5:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by krazy kaju
    I say a Greco/freestyle/American folkstyle wrestler can beat a yagli gures practitioner within his/her weight class and similar experience level.
    Can you explain why?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2008 6:57pm

Style: Oyoma Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not if he's greased. And scared.

Artemis BJJ Co-Founder/Instructor

Posted On:
    3/12/2008 4:26am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay guys, if this is going to turn into a discussion on sexual norms in different cultures, you'll need some damn good references proving what you're talking about.
    The transsexuality thing in Iran is fairly well documented: e.g., the BBC and the Safra Project (though that raises various issues: also has extensive footnotes for further reading).

Getting hugely off-topic now, but if this is in Sociocide somewhere, I'd be interested in taking a look. I've never looked into that part of the site in much detail, but this would tempt me over there.

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    3/15/2008 12:01pm

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyunus
    Can you explain why?
    Can you explain why a yagli gures practitioner would fare better?

First of all, the yagli gures practitioner has the pants to grab and to use for leverage, as already shown.

Second of all, freestyle and Greco practitioners train for much higher level competition across the board. There are many freestyle and Greco tournaments internationally and the competition is much harder, while the training is probably also harder. Modern freestyle and Greco are more sciences than folk sports like yagli.

Lastly, the oil doesn't mean that you'll be better in no-gi. Wrestlers deal with slipperiness on a daily basis due to sweat, too. You still have to use the same tight grips like underhooks, overhooks, Russian ties, etc. to have good control over your opponent.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2008 5:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you explain why a yagli gures practitioner would fare better?

First of all, the yagli gures practitioner has the pants to grab and to use for leverage, as already shown.

Second of all, freestyle and Greco practitioners train for much higher level competition across the board. There are many freestyle and Greco tournaments internationally and the competition is much harder, while the training is probably also harder. Modern freestyle and Greco are more sciences than folk sports like yagli.

Lastly, the oil doesn't mean that you'll be better in no-gi. Wrestlers deal with slipperiness on a daily basis due to sweat, too. You still have to use the same tight grips like underhooks, overhooks, Russian ties, etc. to have good control over your opponent.
    Lol I really cant explain anything I just asked your opinion and had it thank you :)
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345