Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2004 11:49am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did anyone else notice the part in the fight were Bobby Diaz was down on his back, and waiting for Giant Lee to come in and grapple? It seemed like Bobby was actually inviting a grappling contest, but Lee would have none of it - I thought I saw Lee even shake his head a bit. I'm just curious if anyone else interpreted it that way.

At any rate, I do hope Lee learned something from his defeat, and adjusts what he teaches his students accordingly. That would be a step forward for the mission of this site, no? I'd be curious to see any post-fight emails from Lee about it all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2004 1:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He makes outrageous claims about himself and his fighting style that he is unable to back up in a fight. If that isn't bullshido, what is?
    A) Making those same claims but never stepping into a ring to prove them

B) If he contined to make the same claims after this fight - and either made up lame excuses for that performance or didn't acknowledge it at all.

He hasn't done either of those AFAIK. He just had some (admittedly huge) delusions and thought he was better than he was. I think most fighters are confident and believe they will win before they step into a ring. It'd be interesting to hear what he thought of the fight.

Posted On:
    10/09/2004 3:47pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Crucified
    Is that 15 strips on his belt??? OMG he IS a grandmaster...
    I noticed that right away too. And where the hell is the other end of the belt? Does it lie under the end with all those stripes? What kind of knot is that?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2004 6:36pm

Style: Capoeira Angola

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Remember when Molly Shannon got a part on Seinfeld as a psychotic woman who couldn't swing her arms? life imitates art.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2004 8:47pm

Style: Muay Thai + Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn, that guy had a nice style, all fluid like water. Seriously though, he reminded myself the first couple times I tried to box, after only taking point sparring. I had my hands all low for a while, and kept wondering why I was getting hit in the face so much...

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 10:23am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's his response. It is... awesome. (Again, courtesy of sssfighting and massmma.)

Time for you to know the truth...Approximately 5-6 hours before my fight I was informed that my step daughter of 19 years was murdered. So your opinion of
    me looking half asleep during the match was an understatement. In reality I was
    emotionally and mentally tramatized...but being the great person that I am I did
    the fight in order to keep my word to Bruce Marshall... Honestly I should have
    never been in the ring... The State Boxing Commission may learn to staff someone
    to evaluate fighters...such as myself that may enter the ring when their body feels like led and when their focus has diminished...due to circumstances at home. If
    I was asked if the was any recent tramatizing experiences that may impair my fighting ability...I would have told the truth...voice mail messages and a few News Broadcasts confirm reality. Yet, bumbling idiots like to imagine that they have all the facts...and will to carry on like to degrade the better man. Real Men fight regardless
    of their surrounding circumstances. And as the videos clearly show I went into the
    ring...aborting my game plan and I fought...knowing that Dias wasn't as tough as others had suggested...Being...approximately...half alive...I fought him and the fight
    was stopped as I was being punched by Dias...while I was clearly outside the ropes and while I was clearly defying his punches...proceeding to get up. You and others
    can gradify yourself with your narrow minds...but the home video clearly shows that
    I fought tough under duress and I didn't loose the fight by KO or Submission. In our
    circle we count our loses by either KO or Submission...which suggests a rematch
    when things at home have past. I may have the worse luck in the world...but at least
    I'm not walking around with a weak conscience and I accept reality...no matter want
    it spells. And reality spells that Dias fought a tramatized fighter and was handed the win after the referee stopped the fight seeing I was getting up outside of the ropes.
    Well...maybe the referee thought that it would look bad if he didn't call the fight while
    I was standing outside of the ropes? Maybe the referee didn't call the fight sooner
    because he thought that Dias actually had the power to knock me out...so when he
    realized that Dias wasn't getting the job done...he know that he had to get me back in the ring or come up with something to end the fight. Swallow this reality or choke on your lies! I going to allow you to know that I'm a christian...it's not in me to hate
    and it's not in me to be the fool that you are. I've learned that I was met with hate
    and that I should not have been in the ring in regards to my home situation. I have
    learned that even when I was half with it...I had the gall to enter a ring and fight...only to realize that I didn't experience a loss. I guess that you expect that I should have went home like all of my friends told me to do...and I told them to shut up! Broken
    promises add up to self failure. I kept my promise and I fought. I must say when we
    all went to the ring for the National Anthem...If I was the first fight to kick off you would have experienced a fighter with a game plan...as time went on things at home
    were wearing heavy on me...and I should have went home...but then there would have
    been no fight and you'd be poping the same S#*% that you are...it's a do or die situation for me in your little world. In my world I've been blessed with a robe of honor
    ...so sorry to disappoint you. Welcome to my world! SIncerely, Warren Mayone

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 10:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, THAT was his response ?
    Well, to each their own...

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 10:55am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was one of several long rambling emails. :hippy2:

game dog

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 10:57am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did anyone try to confirm the dead stepdaughter story?
    There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    10/18/2004 11:00am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    but being the great person that I am I did
    the fight in order to keep my word to Bruce Marshall...
    I have not the words.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast