Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2004 4:47pm

Style: Tai-Chi, Judo, Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So have all the participants seen the videos yet? I'm **really** missing some of the later fights - there was a lot of totally amazing stuff. Matt B - I've *never* seen a lot of your moves - there's this thing you do when fighting on the clip with a punch which gets redirected right and you roll right in to this funky ass-backwards kick.... weird, weird looking stuff. Like Wushu but dirty. I guess that's Kung Fu huh?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/05/2004 5:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ummm... wow, guess I have to see the video as I have no idea what I did... but if it look effective then it was totally on purpose!

* time passes and Matt watches the video *

Oy. Oy vey. Five minutes of footage and only two things I'm happy with. So on the subject of feedback here I go on feedback for myself:

1. Keep your damn hands up.
    Watching those clips it's clear how OWA kept hitting me in the face. My guard was no where near it.

2. Have a purpose for moving.
    Half of the shifts I did made no sense.

3. Stop half assing things.
    Far too much of that going on.

Thanks for the videos Lama and Xango. The really helped!

- Matt
    Last edited by Matt Bernius; 10/05/2004 6:37pm at .
    Student of Wan Yi Chuan Kung Fu,
    Kali, & what ever works
    Renaissance Martial Arts
    Rochester, NY

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2004 7:38pm

Style: Tai-Chi, Judo, Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh. Yeah, watching you, Matt, I really felt like you were in "laboratory" mode - just trying a bit of this and a bit of that from this huge repertoir, poking around. I don't think I actually saw you focus on "getting the job done."

It was like you were thinking a lot about technique, and less about your opponents. I remember thinking a couple of times "that man knows too much!"

Although, given that you've got like two or three times the experience of most of us, I can understand not getting into ass grinding mode too early into things. I look forward to seeing what it looks like cranked open at the next TD!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234