My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 9:01am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dr. Oct,

Now I truly understand you veiw on Krav Maga. I just say a mag to day called, 'Self Defense for Women' or something and it was filled with tones of Krav Maga BS!!!!!! The depicted senarios that I wouldn't do as a big robust MAN!!! One was instructing the women to PICK UP her child and fend off an attacker while carrying him, the child shown was about 7 years old!!!! I was like WTF!!!! That falls along the same line as Maxim Mag telling pple to GRAB THE BARREL OF THE ATTACKERS SUBMACHINE GUN!!!! AAAAAARGH!!!! Another fine MA is going the way of TKD!!!!!!

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 9:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps the woman was supposed to fend off the attacker using the child.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 10:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey everyone, this is my first post. I recently found this website and it is thouroughly entertaining. I recently started Shotokan, although I've had an interest in MA for a long time, and I've taken Ju Jitsu a long time ago.

Anyways, on to the topic. Last night at work I saw the top of a magazine on the shelf that said Black Belt's Self Defence. When I was done my shift, I picked up the magazine and realized it said Self Defence for Women! I was like, ugh, how many times can you tell women to kick a guy in the balls and run? Anyways, I put the magazine down right away but not before noticing something about Krav Maga.

When I go in today, I'll read it and see what it has to say. Personally, I don't think one can become very effective from reading a magazine and not training.

Phil

BTW, what is the Gold and Rep for on the left side?

Edited by - Phil on July 24 2002 10:32:41

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 12:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Israelis have exported numerous self-defense systems which I'd be inclined to use before Krav Maga. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 1:22pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Israelis have exported numerous self-defense systems which I'd be inclined to use before Krav Maga. :)
    What else have the Israelis invented could you please be more specific and tell me about it

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 3:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is a fine selection of Israeli personal defense systems.

http://www.imi-israel.com/imi/doa_iis.dll/Serve/item/English/1.1.2.12.2.1.html

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 4:32pm

Style: Baboo Baby

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just go train anything in Israel. Those guys could make TKD work. Of course, Americans have a talent for fucking up anything good.

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 6:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure there are some good Krav fighters out there. But, since its so easy to present this style with almost any type of movement the mcdojo syndrome is not far behind. Misread techniques and bad habiits are too easily passed down as rule of thumb.

Anecdote: A long time student of mine moved to israel and joined the sniper unit. His local krav instructor(nobody special just another sargeant) was trying to instruct him on hand guard positions. The guy put his fists directly under his chin. My student said to him that he must be crazy to do that. The instructor then asked to spar my student. My student told him before hand that he would get hurt with this gaurd. The instructor scoffed and egged him on. So my student squarred up, kicked him in the elbow, and the guys own fists hit him in the chin popping two teeth out. Since then my student had been the "instructors aid" for the rest of his duration. I'm sure this instructor has learned not to hold everything without question.

McDojo, is it what you do or is it what you think?
    I am the biggest fucking wanker on the internet - Proven fact.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 8:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    krav is very effective. it's got none of the worthless katas, high kicks, or spinning show-boating other martial arts use in unrealistic point-based tournaments. if you want one thing that will work on the streets krav is it. a combination of muay thai, wrestling, boxing, aikido, and judo. just what works, no motion wasted. of course cross-training is best but if you could only do one this should be it. i've sparred against tae kwon do, kung fu, and kickboxing using it and no one has lasted past two minutes.

Posted On:
    7/24/2002 8:37pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "McDojo, is it what you do or is it what you think?" Both.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast