Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/30/2004 10:36am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2 pounds fat loss is unrealistic. That's 7,000 calories per week. That's burning (or somehow creating a deficit of) 1,000 calories per day of fat EXCLUSIVELY.

As Uncle Kein has said time and again, the more demanding the activity the more body will demphasize fat use....so exercise isn't directly a valuable contributor.

And the greater the calorie defecit the greater the stress response, the greater the catablizing effect of the valuable muscle. It's a fine line one treads.

Muscle-up, food modestly down. Let the body burn the fat at rest.

Having said that, the reality of these fucking academies is retard PT. So...it's a good idea to run before hand. Just sure to have him rest-up beforehand.. There's gonna be 12 weeks of shin-splints, and patella femoral syndrome (my thing) :BangHead: No need to hurry the process along.
    Last edited by Nid; 11/30/2004 10:43am at .

Posted On:
    11/30/2004 1:54pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I DID mention swimming and cycling is alternate methods of cardiovascular training.

I've been meaning to chase TBM and ask her what she means on that 2lbs fat loss thing.
    While I have not disagreed with that I have not endorsed it..

Some further thoughts, 210 to 160 is a lot. What height is this person?
    All along at the beginning I was thinking somewhat of a trimmed lowered BF person at 180.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    11/30/2004 7:09pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by keinhaar
    2 pounds fat loss is unrealistic. That's 7,000 calories per week. That's burning (or somehow creating a deficit of) 1,000 calories per day of fat EXCLUSIVELY.

As Uncle Kein has said time and again, the more demanding the activity the more body will demphasize fat use....so exercise isn't directly a valuable contributor.

And the greater the calorie defecit the greater the stress response, the greater the catablizing effect of the valuable muscle. It's a fine line one treads.

Muscle-up, food modestly down. Let the body burn the fat at rest.

Having said that, the reality of these fucking academies is retard PT. So...it's a good idea to run before hand. Just sure to have him rest-up beforehand.. There's gonna be 12 weeks of shin-splints, and patella femoral syndrome (my thing) :BangHead: No need to hurry the process along.
    *sigh* The more intense you are, the lower the percentage of calories burned from fat. Sitting on your ass will burn a higher percentage of calories from fat than walking around. Does this mean you recommend sitting around to lose fat? Hell no. There's only one truth for weight loss: Burn more calories than you consume.

And a 1000 calorie deficit daily is not that hard. If you cut out 650 calories from food (drop a big mac and soda), and burn 350 calories with exercise (jogging at a moderate pace for maybe 30 minutes)....... there's 1000 calories.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    11/30/2004 7:10pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And KaBar......... I did say average. Most people hover somewhere right around 2 lbs. Some a little more, some a little less.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/01/2004 6:28pm

Style: Fabio Santos BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does this mean you recommend sitting around to lose fat? Hell no.
    Essentially yes, that is what he is recommending...and I second it in terms of efficiency.

Let's say Person A expends 50 extra calories per hour for 10 hours just by eating slightly less throughout the day, no extra activity. Person B expends 500 extra calories in an hour doing some moderate steady-state activity. Both shift to a deficit of 500 calories. The difference is that Person A did so with a larger percentage of calories from bodyfat AND a smaller percentage of calories from muscle tissue. The goal is to maximize fat expenditure while minimizing "other tissue" expenditure, n'est-ce pas?

There's only one truth for weight loss: Burn more calories than you consume.
    Thermo is not violated by this suggestion.

And a 1000 calorie deficit daily is not that hard. If you cut out 650 calories from food (drop a big mac and soda), and burn 350 calories with exercise (jogging at a moderate pace for maybe 30 minutes)....... there's 1000 calories.
    If we're talking averages, then the average male has a caloric baseline of around 2500 calories per day. You're suggesting that dropping 1/3 or more below maintenance is not drastic? Can you even imagine doing this to a FEMALE who likely averages a maintenance of 1500-2000 calories per day?!?!

I wouldn't apply a deficit that large to anyone who baselines below 3500 calories....and even then it is pretty drastic as to not be useful for long-term fat loss (something I've personally experienced).

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    12/01/2004 6:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Some further thoughts, 210 to 160 is a lot. What height is this person?
    All along at the beginning I was thinking somewhat of a trimmed lowered BF person at 180.
    He's about 5'9" with a medium sized frame.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

is a Godd*mn Federale!

Posted On:
    12/01/2004 6:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Clinchology: Judo & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master
    And KaBar......... I did say average. Most people hover somewhere right around 2 lbs. Some a little more, some a little less.
    I know, I know, just wanted to double check.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Taking a break

Posted On:
    1/04/2005 9:29am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TaeBo_Master
    Ok, I'm way too good for this thread, and it's really really boring to read retarded information that's been borrowed from bodybuilding sites, so I haven't really read most of it. So forgive me if someone has already answered this question.

Ok, the "optimal safe range" for the three macronutrients are as follows:

Carbs: 45-75%
    Fat: 10-30%
    Protein: 15-25%

Now, everyone has a different nutrient profile. There are 5 basic nutrient profiles. What a nutrient profile is is what ratio of each macronutrient your body needs to perform optimally. For example, I am a profile 3, which means that my ideal range is 60% carbs, 20% fat, 20% protein.

All of the profiles fit within the optimal safe range I posted above, it's just a matter of WHERE in those ranges you sit.
    My current diet is breaking down to 47% protein, 48% carbs and 5% fat

I presume I really need to up my carb intake then?
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 1:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And you have experimented with this using other types of protein shakes so you could compare them?
    I didn't and don't drink soya shakes as they taste like **** (which isn't very nice, believe me) from what I found. I was eating mainly soya for years. Yuck. Never again.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Posted On:
    1/17/2005 1:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jogging at a moderate pace for maybe 30 minutes)....... there's 1000 calories.
    The only problem with the "moderate running for 30-45 minutes" to loose weight/get endurance or whatever is I can only run "moderately" or even very slowly for like 5-10 minutes before my calves feel like they're going to explode (so before I'm in pain.)

I have problem's, I know.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast