WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    10/08/2004 9:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PIZ:
    "Edit: *Sigh* Just for Blankslate

For us that want to burn more cals resting, a lowered metabolism is not optimal. And lowered testosterone means you will feel more sluggish, can't get it up as easily, less testosterone for metabolizing protein and building muscle...

Not to mention the oxidative effect alcohol has."

Thanks sweetie. "Oxidative" effect??

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    10/08/2004 9:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Edge, lol.

Posted On:
    10/08/2004 2:07pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Edge - You are welcome. I'm glad it helped you.
    Now, assuming the target is clean, and washed, there should be not have any calorific value. You are also not ingesting any piece of the target, hopefully, so I would rate it at 0 calories.
    You may get some moisture from that activity, but I personally tend to lose more liquid doing it, with my drool and all. :) :P

Eat away!

blankslate - When I mean oxidization in this sense I mean the break down of cells caused by various factors. Oxidization is caused by stress, carcinogens (ie pollution, smoking), alcohol, injury, disease, poor sleeping habits, I believe processed sugar and some other stuff I don't recall.

It attacks and suppresses your immune system, breaks down muscle tissue and damages cells and DNA. So...it is best to avoid too much oxidative activity, and try to eat more of these things I mentioned in my list. Vitamin C is a good anti-oxidant as well, I've totally lost my train of thought due to distractions, but I'll leave you all with a long paper on oxidation, cause and effect. Here.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2004 7:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any chance of making a Kosher version of the pizdoff diet?

Posted On:
    10/27/2004 9:49pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HAHAHAAHAH!!! Um, I wash all my vegetables?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    10/31/2004 3:18pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MantisFistMonk
    Hey, how's life treating you?

I have a couple quick questions, seeing as your rather educated in the nutrition and general physical maintenence department.

I understand if you don't wanna answer them etc.

Just thought I'd try.

I'm 6/6-1 about 160-165, weight kind of fluctuates over months around this area, sometimes more sometimes less. I have a super fast motabolism (not saying that is the reason, just saying I do incase that will effect any of your answers).

Anyways, I take three pills. The first being Twinlabs, no iron multi-vitamin.

My question here is, should I take it everyday? I think I should take it everyother day sometimes, or everyday for a few days depending on how I feel. What do you think? Can I "over saturate" my body with these vitamins by taking them everyday?

I also take grapeseed extract for an anti-oxident, Vitamin world brand. And I take Active Joints, a microlactil I believe for joint maintenence, as I've broken my neck and back in a car accident previously. Plus working out takes it's toll on the joints by itself.

I've had a crazy good recovery, enough so that I'm out there working out every other day, boxing etc. to no ill effects.

Now can I take all three in a day? The twinlab, two grapeseeds, morning/night, and four microlactils two each dose, morning and night?

I'm not sure if I should take them all, or if they have negating effects that you know of when takin together. Should I take say, the twinlab and grapeseed one day, and the microlactil the next?

Also how do you feel about general tap water? I believe mine is pretty bad tap water wise, but I don't want to stop drinking water. Is it safe to drink alot of tap water?

That's it.

Thanks for your time.

MantisFistMonk
    Thanks for the questions. Didn't respond right away due to exams, let's see how garbled this response will be....

No, your weight and height do not affect the answers. :)
    Searching 'microlactil' which I had never heard of before turned up zero results...

The supplements you are taking will not conflict with each to my knowledge. The TwinLabs multivitamin, or any vitamin for that matter, should be taken with food I understand to get the best absorption rate. The grape seed anti-oxidant is great, also add to your diet the foodstuffs I've mentioned on the first page. I don't know if you can overdose on the joint supplement, but I hoped you've discussed your intake with a doctor. I think I recall reading the body being able to absorb up to 2000 mg of glucosamine. Or at least the companies are saying 1200-2000 mgs daily.

General tap water is generally fine. If you continue to live in the same area you'll likely not become sick. Though as an example, look up the Walkerton, Ontario, Canada case couple years old where the inspectors did a poor job of testing the water and did not catch the E.coli spread. I generally boil most of my water and set it too cool before drinking.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 10:33am

Style: Pugilism

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for taking the time to respond.

My apologies on the typo. It's not Microlactil it's Microlactin.

Anyways, thank you again.

[edit]

My apologies on the PM. I just actually read what that size 78 font screaming in my face in the first post said.

I also forgot to mention, the side effects from the car accident are compacted disks around my shoulder area.

I take Vitamin Worlds Active Joints w/ Microlactin. I know that it has worked for me.

It's takes around a week to actually work, and you have to eat a pretty decent amount. (Two horse pills, two times a day.)

It's not that expensive and I've had very good results. Increased joint flexability, more "fluid" movement of the joints, faster joint recovery etc.

I just thought I'd throw my to cents in regardling the Active Joints/Microlactin for anyone interested.
    Last edited by Literati; 11/01/2004 11:04am at .

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 2:44pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Again, best of luck to you in your recovery. Don't go overtraining and hurt yourself though! :)

Nothing wrong with PMing me or posting here, either way is fine.
    PM might actually reach me faster, in case posts in other threads get this thread buried.
    *Cough sticky please COUGH*

Re: Microlactin - I think I wrote that yesterday shortly after waking up, all groggy :D
    I forgot to mention I did some research on Microlactin (I can draw conclusions you know!) and it is seems to be very interesting. Particularly one other forum I post at www.wannabebig.com has introduced one new product that includes MicroLactin.

It apparently can go beyond the joint maintainence for those with degrading joitn structures, according to an unpublished study in the earlier 90's:

-Highly significant runner perceived improvement in training
    -Improved 5 kilometer race times
    -Faster recovery time between training sessions
    -Significantly shortened creatine kinase (CK) recovery times
    -Slight, but significant decrease in bodyfat percentage despite a slight increase in bodyweight

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/01/2004 11:40pm

Style: Pugilism

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey thank you for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Again, best of luck to you in your recovery. Don't go overtraining and hurt yourself though! :)
    ahh it's ok. That happened about 2 years ago, I'm good now.

I've been Mantis Boxing, and Russian/Western Boxing and a very tiny bit of Muay Thai for the last 5-6 months.

I want to eventually cross-train even more to include groundwork etc. But I feel it's better to study say.. stand up fighting, and then study groundwork as opposed to both at the same time. Anyways that's just me.

But as for limitations, I pretty much have none.

Thank you once again for the info!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/22/2004 10:00pm

Style: flying jump kick

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good info!
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast