Sponsored Links Spacer Image

$1.50

Posted On:
    10/04/2004 12:57pm

supporting member
     Style: golf club jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I do that, the whey protein after workout definitely. You should be thankful that you are still young! (relatively speaking)
    zenbert
    Hold me... :3some:

I love MA. Unlike many things in life, you get what you put in.

Beachy Keen

Posted On:
    10/04/2004 1:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Chop Socky

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by PizDoff
    [B
    Simple carbohydrates are digested quickly. Many contain refined sugars and few essential vitamins and minerals. Examples include fruits, fruit juice, milk, yogurt, honey, molasses, maple syrup, and sugar.
    . [/B]
    Yogurt DOES NOT belong on this list. Plain whole-fat yogurt has a lovely blend of fats, complete protein, and carbohydrates (simple and complex). If you get the nonfat, obviously, it's all protein and carbs. Anyway, if your body tolerates milk products well (you're Asian so maybe not, I'm half Russian so yes for me) yogurt is a great food source.
    I would liken it to the boxing or the muay thai of internal kung fu, even though that's like calling apples the oranges of the apple world. --WalkOn

Middleweight

2 hours from the beach, 4 from the mountains

Posted On:
    10/04/2004 2:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing about water > liquid and to stay away from caffeine because of diuretic effects doesn't appear to be truth http://www.snopes.com/toxins/water.htm
    Seventh: If you think TKD doesn’t work, your right, until you get the side of you face smashed with a roundhouse kick. -- ronin69

It's just that I carry weapons and have no moral compass anymore. -- JKDChick

At least until the Wing Chun clown car arrives. --JKDC

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/04/2004 2:28pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You forgot sperm in there.

Whether your own or not, must get it straight from the source, don't let it cool down.

That piece of advice is from the Piz's secret info stash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    10/04/2004 3:21pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you Anthony for the voice of experience, it seems my counselling to you is really paying off. :)

Originally posted by zenbert
    Yeah I do that, the whey protein after workout definitely. You should be thankful that you are still young! (relatively speaking)
    I am? Sure as hell don't feel that way. And new wrinkles are coming in each day it seems.

Originally posted by Xango
    Yogurt DOES NOT belong on this list. Plain whole-fat yogurt has a lovely blend of fats, complete protein, and carbohydrates (simple and complex). If you get the nonfat, obviously, it's all protein and carbs. Anyway, if your body tolerates milk products well (you're Asian so maybe not, I'm half Russian so yes for me) yogurt is a great food source.
    Yes? Why not? If you follow the link, you'll notice I just C&Ped from that page. Someone else was busting on me about the grammatical errors in that section, but no biggie. And personally, the few times I eat yoghurt I always get low-fat fruit ones, minimal sugars as well.

Originally posted by tkdan28
    The thing about water > liquid and to stay away from caffeine because of diuretic effects doesn't appear to be truth http://www.snopes.com/toxins/water.htm
    Ok? It doesn't appear to be? I don't like some of the claims of the people screaming 'drink more water.' I haven't said anything specific about how many glasses of water to drink, or a specific amount. For myself, since I am on a higher protein diet it is necessary for me to intake more water to filter out the by-products of digesting protein. I also feel suggish when mildly dehydrated, how to avoid this? Prevention.

Diuretics have some place in medicine, stimulating more urination, something or other I don't remember. Also if you are cutting weight for an event, shedding water weight is the way to go.

It seems water it quite necessary for everyday function. :)
    Here is a educational article that talks more about how water works in our system.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=147

Edit: BTW I added a little bit to the liquids part, almost a disclaimer for those that might misinterpret me. :)
    Last edited by PizDoff; 10/04/2004 4:53pm at .
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Beachy Keen

Posted On:
    10/04/2004 9:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by PizDoff

Yes? Why not? If you follow the link, you'll notice I just C&Ped from that page. Someone else was busting on me about the grammatical errors in that section, but no biggie. And personally, the few times I eat yoghurt I always get low-fat fruit ones, minimal sugars as well.
    Yeah, just wanted to set the record straight. I personally eat most of my yogurt unsweetened, and far more sour than Americans are used to.

If "why not?" is "why might PizDoff find dairy a poor source of nutrition?", lots of Asians have various problems with digesting dairy such as lactose intolerance. If you're not one of those, good on ya.
    I would liken it to the boxing or the muay thai of internal kung fu, even though that's like calling apples the oranges of the apple world. --WalkOn

Posted On:
    10/04/2004 11:08pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you are saying yogurt does not belong on the list because a certain percentage of people are possibly to some degree intolerant to it? :)
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Beachy Keen

Posted On:
    10/05/2004 1:53am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Er, no. I'm saying it's not a simple carbohydrate, and was listed as such. If you read the post carefully, you'll see two uses of the word "not". I was responding to the second w/ my comment about food intolerance, not the first. For that matter, milk is quite a stretch to call a simple carbohydrate food...

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/05/2004 7:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Firearms, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hawkeye's diet:

Stop eating. When ya get hungry, drink a Red Bull and 2 quarts of water. Keep doing this until you get the shakes then eat a cup of ramen noodles and a salad. It works. I swear.
    "We spoke to them in the only language they understood: the machine gun"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/05/2004 7:22pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That cant be good! Do you feel weak or anything? I spose its not as bad as my brothers ex who used to smoke ciggaretes when she was hungry.

Anyway, heres my diet:

For breakfast I have 2 pieces of wholebread but no spreads because I like the taste.
    During the day I'll snack on fruit like bananas etc. and I have a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice everyday.
    For lunch I might have a tuna salad or a sandwhich with lettuce, tomato, cheese and salami from the deli

For dinner I'll have a steak with vegetables and potatoes, or pasta with eggplant, or sugo, etc. I really have no control over this because its my dad who cooks.
    Last edited by philby909090; 10/05/2004 7:27pm at .
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast