Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 7:42am

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was going to make another comment, but seeing as you do Capoeria, I don't have to.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 9:44am

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mike Mahler is a good resource, although I had to use google cache to view it...

Google Cache

and Equipoise, please don't **** in the good threads.

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 6:22pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trying to make a name for yourself eh?

The idea of a vegan or vegetarian diet for the goal of fitness is moronic.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2007 6:44pm

Style: Pancrase

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey isol8d thanks! that certainly is a great resource! alot fo good info, although not much refference to research revealing the incredible advantage of vegetarian/vegan diets in terms of recovery times, (up to 50% reduction, apparently) which is why, equipoise, aside from obvious moral, ecological and health reasons, it is a great diet for MMA athletes, provided it is done correctly.
    of course, you are a cop, not an athlete, so you could probably care less, since protecting the environment and staying healthy are obviously not part of your job.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2007 9:23am

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Equipoise
    Trying to make a name for yourself eh?

The idea of a vegan or vegetarian diet for the goal of fitness is moronic.
    That depends on what type of fitness you mean. Cardiovascular fitness can benefit from a vegetarian diet, although, not as much as a Mediterranean diet, according to my cardiologist.

I'll believe him over teh innernets today.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2007 1:15pm

Style: Pancrase

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok, well ive had to go and do some research of my own... here are just a couple interesting pieces:
    http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/128941

Mac Danzig, vegan cage fighting champ:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_Danzig

Hey! and heres a whole thread on Bullshido dedicated to the issue of vegan/vegetarian martial artists! so thanks for nothing! check it out:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=49536&page=14

Posted On:
    1/12/2007 3:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by IannaI77
    hey isol8d thanks! that certainly is a great resource! alot fo good info, although not much refference to research revealing the incredible advantage of vegetarian/vegan diets in terms of recovery times, (up to 50% reduction, apparently) which is why, equipoise, aside from obvious moral, ecological and health reasons, it is a great diet for MMA athletes, provided it is done correctly.
    of course, you are a cop, not an athlete, so you could probably care less, since protecting the environment and staying healthy are obviously not part of your job.

No, it's not a great diet for athletes. But you do Capoeria, so I'm sure it's okay for you. However for those of us that actually have to hit and wrestle people as well as lift, the protein and nutrient intake from plants alone is highly inefficient. It is simply an incomplete diet. Anyone who argues that it decrease recovery times, makes one faster or adds +10 to dodge has been playing WoW for too long or does Capoeira.

On a side note:

My girlfriend is straight from Sao Paolo and says Capoeira's sucks for fighting.

Do some searching on what I do. You'll find out that I'm "healthy." Now go eat your rabbit food and dance around pretending that you do a real martial art. I bet you've got" Only The Strong" posters all over your room and jerk off to to thoughts of Eddie Gordo.
    Last edited by Equipoise; 1/12/2007 3:39pm at .

KEIN HAAR APPROVED!

Posted On:
    3/25/2007 5:47pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As part of a fitness push, I've decided to ban bread, corn, wheat, pasta, sugar and rice from my diet, while getting my carbs from fresh veg and fruit. Since I've started, I feel far less bloated and much happier and I seem to be shedding excess water. But is it psychomatic and harmful or reasonable overall?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/07/2008 2:42pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo/Choy Le Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Relative question

So I searched this whole thread and found a few pieces that touched on these but didn't quite answer them.

Are those charts online that tell you your calorie intake daily based on height and weight accurate enough to create your diet off of.

I see everyone saying to divide your food into 5 or 6 meals a day, which to me looks like I'll be eating 3 spoonfulls of cereal every couple hours. Can you give me an example of what your 5 or 6 meals a day are.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213