Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have a point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2005 3:38pm

Style: Pigeon toed bullshit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dunno if this is covered anywhere else. So whole wheat non-bleached pasta would be signifigantly better than your normal bleached pasta?

Hooked on Monkey Phonics

Posted On:
    11/14/2005 4:01pm

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    can you not worry about the the vitamins and minerals in your foods and just take one of those all encompassing mulit vitamins or would you have to worry about "over dosing" on vitamins
    is there more to it than just getting the vitamins in your system or will eating healthy cover all of those requirements anyway

Posted On:
    11/15/2005 11:30pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Negativecr33p
    Dunno if this is covered anywhere else. So whole wheat non-bleached pasta would be signifigantly better than your normal bleached pasta?
    I have no idea. :)

Quote Originally Posted by EnaeS
    can you not worry about the the vitamins and minerals in your foods and just take one of those all encompassing mulit vitamins or would you have to worry about "over dosing" on vitamins
    is there more to it than just getting the vitamins in your system or will eating healthy cover all of those requirements anyway
    Worry?
    The 'all encompassing' daily multivitamins are mostly produced for sedentary to semi-sedentary people. Assuming you do workout regularly and can even be considered an athlete your daily nutritional needs will be higher. Unused, or 'over-dosed' amounts will be filtered out from your system and discarded.

Research concerning benefits of a daily multivitamin vary.
    As a SUPPLEMENT the daily multivitamin isn't as important as your main diet, which should include fresh fruit and vegatables, meats and minimising processed food.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Hooked on Monkey Phonics

Posted On:
    11/18/2005 10:54am

supporting member
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry i should have been clearer on my last post
    not much has been mentioned about vitamins, minerals, amino acids, things like this.
    is it important to count the amount of these things like you would with calories
    ex. if i go from a rather sedintary lifestyle (wakeup, go to work/school, come home watch tv sleep, no real activity) to one were i am now training or working out mutiple times a week will i need to raise the amounts of vit/min/amino/ect
    or if by eating a healthy diet will all these requirements be meet
    if you do need to raise the amounts are just bumping up the level you take or does the amount required scale up, like 2000 cal= x amount 2500cal= 1.5 x amount 3000cal = 2x amount
    does taking vitamin pills do anything for you, are you just pissing away the extra vitamins you are taking
    is there a trick to taking the pills to get the most out of them: ie empty stomach, full stomach, right before you eat, right after, during
    by overdose i meant do you have to watch out for a dangerous amount of vitamins like you might get with to much protein like ketosis
    has anyone found more on those nutrient profiles and how to find wich one you
    a short google search did turn up anything for me
    Last edited by EnaeS; 11/18/2005 10:59am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2005 5:56pm

Style: wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Vitamins

Yes you can overdose on certain vitamins, one of those being vitamin A - excessively high amounts of this vitamin can cause unusual effects at bone ends and joint areas that tend to cause serious pain. But in moderate amounts you should be ok, and if your in intense training it is probably ok to take around 2 to 4 times the RDA, but i wouldnt go above that. Research it on google - it lists appropriate amounts,and dangerous levels.

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog
    Last edited by FAT MAN FERNS; 12/21/2005 11:45am at .

Registered Member

I'm surrounded by farms in middle america.

Posted On:
    12/23/2005 10:55pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Question: Can eating too little cause weight loss to slow down and/or stop?

I've been eating at about 1700 calories a day with significant weight loss but over the past couple months I've seen my weight loss (in terms of lbs and inches off my waist) almost stop. The only significant change has been the addition of better/more complete weight training.
    I understand that weight training builds muscle which increases weight, but it doesn't explain my lack of waist-loss.

I'm wondering...Could the combo of increased activity + increased muscle mass have resulted in a starvation mode at my current 1700 calorie level?

(For reference, assume 4 hours of cardio per week and three hours of weight lifting per week in addition to "normal" stuff like walking to classes.)

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 2:38am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Yes.

1700 cals is for sedentary small females.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

I'm surrounded by farms in middle america.

Posted On:
    12/24/2005 3:23am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceDoff

Yes.

1700 cals is for sedentary small females.
    I suppose telling you how much I love you might be a little foward...so I'll just say thanks for confirming my suspicion. I tried googling, but oddly, I couldn't find a definitive answer about catabolic/starvation state stopping weight loss in relation to my activities. I also couldn't bring myself to up my caloric intake since, you know, guilt from raising it and whatnot.

Merry Christmas and Jazz,
    Macistan

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/27/2005 9:39am

Style: Enshin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Probably been done to death but this diet will allow me to LOSE weight and not gain mass, right?
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213 LastLast