STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    10/03/2004 2:52am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

so how about that K-1 GP line up

just saw the final eliminations the other day. I really feel sorry for ignashov, he looked in bad shape. obviously carrying some extra weight, **** he hadnt even shaved. poor bastard had a goodm shot this year as well imo, he has been doing real well lately. I dont know what that little thai dude is doing. hes good obviously, no one wins in thailand without being good, but there is no fucking way he will win. he fluked out on getting an almost dead ignashov, if he ends up against someone like Sefo or Bonjasky... they better have an ambulance waiting.

speaking of, Sefo is looking outstanding. he physically looks MUCH better than he ever has (you can almost see his abs :D) and he was on fire against that japanese guy. three rounds, very active, and he was still running on full by the end. he was just toying with his opponent and playing for the crowd. its nice to see someone who loves their sport like he does.

the other fights were good- I didnt see the second round of Aerts vs mcdonald but the two I saw were pretty even. I like mike but I dont think he will ever win K-1, he is simply too small and not aggressive enough. Aerts needs to retire imo before someone else retires him. hoost was fighting a predictably smart fight, no surprise that he won. I personally dont like watching hoost fight, sure he can rake up the points but hes so boring.

Musashi also looks much better (although I like his blue hair better) with his hands, despite how stunted his arms are. he certainly gave abidi a good thrashing. LeBanner fought a dumb fight and really deserved to lose(he thought so as well obviously) but at least he wasnt as dumb as goodridge. mighty moe has ONE weapon and he walked right into it. jesus.

as for the superfight between remy and akebono, well what can I say. between them akebono and sapp are destroying the myth that bigger always means better. he set that kick up for the whole fight and akebono, too busy cuddling himself, never saw it coming. maybe this is the push he needs to **** off out of K-1 for good, I am tired of watching him cheat and have the most boring fights ever. props to remy for fucking his **** up good and proper, and how gross was the slow mo replay from behind where you saw all his neck fat wobbling. apparently he lost 50 pounds for that fight- guess he skipped lunch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2004 5:55am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what do you think of the finals lineup? And who do you think will take it all?

Bracket A:

Mighty Mo vs. Kaoklai Kaennorsing

Ray Sefo vs. Musashi

Bracket B:

Peter Aerts vs. Frans Botha

Ernesto Hoost vs. Remy Bonjasky

Would have really liked to see Aerts and Hoost given a chance to meet up in the finals. But unfortunately it wont happen.

Really feel it's Rays time this year, but I wouldnt mind seeing Musashi take it...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2004 11:59am

Style: Jacksons Gaidojitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am looking forward to seeing the next round follow through.

Predictions:
    Mighty Mo over Kaoklai Kaennorsing

Sefo over Musashi (and I am glad that these guys get a rematch sefo is one of my favs and deserves to finally settle the score with musashi)

Peter Aerts over Frans Botha (man aerts should have this no problem)

Remy over Hoost (although wouldnt it be the **** if hoost won and then got to face aerts)

I have to agree though getting rid of people like bob sapp or akebono is the road to having much better fights in K-1. The only sapp fights I enjoy watching are ones where his cheating tactics dont work and he ends up getting schooled by better opponents.

CLM

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    10/06/2004 7:29pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, sefo is outstanding.

I really hope he wins it this year... What is the date for the finals again? I can't wait to see them.

The stupid Japanese Fuji TV version I watched cut the whole ignashov vs. kaoklai fight down to around 30 seconds, which was fucking annoying as I really wanted to see it.

What the hell happened? I thought Ignashov would knock his block off? I did see the rather amazing duck that Kaoklai did, that was sweet...

I read on in the news somewhere that Ignashov has been running himself ragged this year, fighting anyone and everyone anywhere and anytime. Looks like it finally caught up to him...

Oh, and on the version I saw, leBanner sucked because he claimed his arm was hurting again. That's why he never came out for the extra round and that's why he played a less aggressive game. It's a shame, he has a lot of potential...
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2004 1:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The rumor i had heard about the red scorpion was that he had broken a toe, something wrong with his knee and had a fever. The doctor supposedly advised him not to fight. It is a shame as I think Ignashov definitly has the potential to be a champ.

I think that lebanner is gonna be done soon in K-1. If his arm is a serious as reports have stated then he is gonna be done. Gotta say its just sad as hell that he hurt his arm showing off for Van Damn at his gym. Talk about a lousy way to throw away a career.

CLM

Oh yea and sefo rules

:D

Founder/GrandSensei of Joint British / Papua New Guinean Non-contact Lawn Bowls Jiu Jitsu Committee

Posted On:
    10/07/2004 1:22am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CLM - Where'd you get your info??!!!

I couldn't help but laugh at the Van Damme comment... :)

Ernesto Hoost broke Lebanner's arm with a kick. It was a heavy sidekick, leBanner was in an awkward position and took Hoost's shin on his outerforearm. Dropped straight to the floor, twisting away to protect his arm.

That was a couple of years ago, I think.

(Now that I lol'd, I hope my info is correct....)
    Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
    Scramble Stuff

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2004 4:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Both tidbits of info were totally rumor. I cant remember if it was at the gym or perhaps on another forum. I had heard that Lebanner had injured his arm before his kick from hoost showing off in front of
    Mr. Van-Damn.

Wether this is true or b.s. I have no idea. It sounds like something one of those wacky frenchman would do :P.

*Edit* After thinking a bit about this I think that I am a bit confused even on the rumor. Hoost broke his arm and then he reinjured it in the gym later on showing off, something about a metal rod slipping and couldnt enter gp 2003, something like that.

CLM
    Last edited by C.L.M; 10/07/2004 4:20pm at .