Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    1/19/2003 12:45am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    body clinch? as in clinch differently from the neck wrestling commonly seen?

So, just move in and knee the legs into mush... heh

I have seen Hooks and elbows used... guess thats more of a personal type of fighting kind of thing. But a left hook... why leave that out? or a good uppercut, for that matter...

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2003 3:24pm

Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeh, pretty much

To me, when you are close enough to hook/uppercut, you are close enough to knee/elbow. So instead of moving in for a hook, why not hit with something more devastating such as a elbow to the face or a knee to the ribs?

But you are right, a lot of American Thai fighters, fight under rules where elbows are not allowed so the hook/uppercut would be an vital tool for close range.

Remember the time in the 6th grade where you got your ass-kicked by that 80-pound short-kid? Got BJJ?
    <marquee>Thai Boxing: Been kicking your ass since 1949.</marquee>

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    1/19/2003 9:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Describe the body clinch.. I haven't seen nor heard a lot of it. I've seen and read a lot about neck clinching, and I read about "clinching their guard" as well.

Would you care to elaborate?

Oh, BTW - you quoted "body clinch? as in clinch differently from the neck wrestling commonly seen?" twice. Maybe you meant to quote something else?

Thanks for your replies.

Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2003 11:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sure, I simply squeeze the middle of their back inwards with both hands, to get them off-balance then knee the legs, OR i lift the arm up and knee the ribs.

And at all times I am making sure to keep my head protected by keeping it close to his body.

Remember the time in the 6th grade where you got your ass-kicked by that 80-pound short-kid? Got BJJ?

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    1/20/2003 2:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seems like a great technique - but I haven't seen much of it and I haven't found much information about it. Any more information you could give to elaborate?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2003 6:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeh basicly, its a curved knee to the thigh, but the thing that is so great about it, is that you barely have to lift your leg.

I keep rotating person so they can't knee back, and when they least expect it I knee the leg a few times. The knee is almost invisible, taller people can still leave their foot on the ground and simply curve their knee inward to the leg. The main idea is to hit the outside of the thigh.

Hitting the right spot with this technique = leg destruction.

In every-round I punch/kick/clinch, but I am just giving you a main idea, of what I strive to do in a match.
    In the first round of a Thai Fight, clinching/kneeing the leg with a few punches is my main strategy. Then by the second round, I have significantly weakened the right leg (I'm a rightie)and can go to work by kicking the right leg. (BTW, you try lifting your leg after the knees) And last round I usually explode with everything, and try to keep distance with long jabs and push kicks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2003 9:55am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was reading some stuff on the net about Muay Thai punching and it said one of the differences was aflying punch of some sorts that is not used/allowed in boxing. Never heard of this before but I'll ask my trainer about it. Do any of you know about it?

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    2/16/2003 12:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spinning back fist/jumping punch isn't allowed in boxing. I think hammerfisting is allowed in Muay thai as well, and of course that is not in boxing...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/16/2003 1:14pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could you describe the jumping punch or is it blatantly obvious. Like jumping and delivering a punch at the same time? But what kind of punch a jab, or maybe hammerfist to the top of the skull? What are the advantages?

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    2/16/2003 2:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uh, anything really... Well, what is practical to do mostly - some punches require your foot on the ground to get the proper motion. Many times they throw elbows from a jump, not a punch - but that would really **** up someone if done right.

Most of this is for demos or show - not used a lot. Either practicality or danger/banning from ring use have made this not used anymore.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast