Sponsored Links Spacer Image

[This space for rent]

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 5:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Anyway, what I said on the other thread still stands. Most of you are too closed minded to consider other alternatives, so there's no point in even talking if I'll be labeled a troll or my threads moved."
    Talk about a generalization...

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 5:28pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As was mentioned on your original thread it seems helio didn't tap to it.

The point that is continually being made is, durr, maybe it is incredibly low percentage and largely strength based. Hence you don't see it often where there are 1) weight classes and 2) skilled competitors who are unlikely to tap to such nonesense.

But whatever, you train at teh r3al judo where all your friends think mma is a bunch of unskilled idiots. Good luck with that.

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 5:30pm

Style: N/A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Dochter
    As was mentioned on your original thread it seems helio didn't tap to it.

The point that is continually being made is, durr, maybe it is incredibly low percentage and largely strength based. Hence you don't see it often where there are 1) weight classes and 2) skilled competitors who are unlikely to tap to such nonesense.

But whatever, you train at teh r3al judo where all your friends think mma is a bunch of unskilled idiots. Good luck with that.
    No .. Helio actually said he lost consciousness at that moment, but Kimura let him go. If Kimura hadn't of let him go, he'd be dead. Does that sound effective to you?

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 5:33pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At any rate, it's not important. It seems like MMA is going where boxing and professional wrestling have gone in the past.

I mean, in the UFC they stop a lot of the the fights now at the first knockdown, and call it a TKO. It's not even a knockout. Whatever.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 5:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was it a choke or the scissors guard though? The interview bit that was posted doesn't seem clear. Parsimony would indicate a choke is a choke.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 5:36pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have always heard that it wasn't a guard body scissors but that he was off to the side when he put the squeeze on Helio.

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 5:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by edward
    At any rate, it's not important. It seems like MMA is going where boxing and professional wrestling have gone in the past.

I mean, in the UFC they stop a lot of the the fights now at the first knockdown, and call it a TKO. It's not even a knockout. Whatever.
    Okay if you're stunned and a guy starts raining punches down on you do you really want to wait to be unconcious for the ref to stop the fight.

There is a reason that boxing has a lot more deaths than mma, and it's not just numbers involved.

Anyway aren't you the one always worried about injury? Presumably that applies to getting ko'd stand too.

You must be a troll or just lacking any internal consistency.

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 5:37pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I didn't know about Helio. I thought this was sometimes called a choke but maybe I was wrong.

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 5:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Dochter
    Okay if you're stunned and a guy starts raining punches down on you do you really want to wait to be unconcious for the ref to stop the fight.

There is a reason that boxing has a lot more deaths than mma, and it's not just numbers involved.

Anyway aren't you the one always worried about injury? Presumably that applies to getting ko'd stand too.

You must be a troll or just lacking any internal consistency.
    No, if you're fighting then you're expecting to get injured.

I'm not against injury. I'm against injury with no payback.

If you're going to make a good spot of money off a match, then what's wrong with getting hurt?

But if there's no payback then it's stupid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 6:06pm

Style: Jacksons Gaidojitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're going to make a good spot of money off a match, then what's wrong with getting hurt?
    Man you have a huge misconception about what fighters make cash wise especially at kotc level and so on. It seems silly to wait till a person is unconscious to call a fight. Whats next not beliving a tap till the guys face is facing the wrong way?

Sport my friend not mortal combat.

CLM
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast