Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 4:28pm

Style: N/A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kimura chokes Helio with Guard

So if this is true, then how irrelevant and my past thread and comments that got moved to Bullshido?

It seems like the people calling me a troll are the true ignoramuses.

Originally posted by mikus
    Actually, he apparently COULD do it, according to Helio, who now admits that Kimura choked him unconscious DURING his fight with that technique.

Not that it really matters. It's still a stupid technique. But I think it's funny that Helio passed out from it.
    See, I studied at a real Judo school, not these fake wannabe schools.

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 4:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyway, what I said on the other thread still stands. Most of you are too closed minded to consider other alternatives, so there's no point in even talking if I'll be labeled a troll or my threads moved.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 4:30pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :rolleyes:

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 4:34pm

Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To add to that, you'll notice that I gave you an honest reply in your original thread on the guard. I would actually like to discuss some stuff with you, but not when you're going ape-flaming-****.

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 4:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, and I'm sorry with putting down the people who post honestly and actually discuss stuff. I think there's just too much noise from those who are always flaming others.

I didn't want to say it for embarassment but I got submitted a couple of times by blackbelts in Judo with that same technique.

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 4:45pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you compress one side of the body and extend the other while bringing the knee close to the head, you can indeed put pressure on someone's ribs and abdomen and force a tap. The problem is that you have almost no chance of using it on someone who isn't significantly smaller than you, which is contrary to one of the primary goals of Judo/Jujutsu.

I have a video of this technique but sadly it is not currently on this computer or my hosting. You can also do things like triangle the guy's waist from backmount, but again this is strength-reliant and there are many more useful things you could do.
    Last edited by Shuma-Gorath; 4/15/2007 6:17pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 4:45pm

Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Expect this to head to Trollshido as well, if you weren't already expecting that, since it is a trolly thread by its tone alone.

Anyway, I'm trying to find more info on Kimura v Helio with regards to body scissors, but here is what Kimura says in My Judo about a NHB fight with Adema Santana:
    I caught him in a body scissors. I squeezed his body with full force hoping to sever his intestine. Adema crumbled momentarily, but did not surrender. Since the body scissors did not finish him, I realized that I was in a disadvantageous position.

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 4:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, keep in mind that the body squeeze was used by Kimura (man of ungodly strength) against Helio (small, thin, older man).

Here is my thread on the subject, which may contain that video somewhere: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...&threadid=9067
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 1/19/2005 4:28pm at . Reason: lol "undogly"

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 5:00pm

Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is Helio talking all about Kimura. He really liked the him. Anyway, he admits to being choked unconscious, but I can't find any mention of body scissors:

http://www.judoinfo.com/helio.htm

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 5:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Aesopian
    Expect this to head to Trollshido as well, if you weren't already expecting that, since it is a trolly thread by its tone alone.

Anyway, I'm trying to find more info on Kimura v Helio with regards to body scissors, but here is what Kimura says in My Judo about a NHB fight with Adema Santana:
    Most people aren't that good at it, but really good BBs can put you in some serious punishment with that. It's not always enough to make you submit, once you're experienced, but it's not something that you really want to willingly get into if the person is experienced.

That's why watching these UFC matches where people willingly submit to that for some advantage, and then the person applying the scissor doesn't apply any pressure, is really weird. It just reinforces my opinion that most of the submission wrestling and BJJ of today is woefully inadequate compared to the best Judo. What is sad, however, is that Judo has really gone downhill from its heyday, and it's hard to find these types of places anymore.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast