Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 5:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillful
    If anybody wants to hire me to work all the hours that there aren't BJJ classes, I'm available immediately, I have a bachelor's degree, I'm bilingual(English & Spanish), and I type 70 wpm (English. Spanish is harder because of accents and tildes). I have good communication skills and a sunny disposition, although I can choke out most people you know without breaking a sweat. I require a living wage, reasonably priced medical insurance for injuries, and paid time off for major tournaments and amateur MMA fights.
    You had me at hello...then you lost me with that last bit. Paid time off for amateur MMA fights and major tournaments? Good luck with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/30/2008 9:21pm

Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You can call it "vacation time" or something if it makes you feel better about it. Or I can bank up the time by working overtime in the weeks leading up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2008 1:26am

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm doing an hour of boxing followed by an hour of BJJ twice a week at least atm. no car means paying a lot of cab fare, or being lucky and hitching rides.

last month i was doing 1hr kickboxing mon/wed/fri, and 1.5-2hr no-gi BJJ (but this 1.5-2hr includes warmup and conditioning stuff, which i don't do now since i step over to the BJJ mat right after boxing at my gym, so the remaining hour or more is basically technique and rolling).

oddly every now and then i go visit my old TKD school, and can train anywhere between 1-4hr in one sitting, and then top it off with a few rounds of sparring (or more specifically, getting schooled by) my old instructor.

every now and then, if i can make it to the gym in the morning and there's no class going on, i'll dick around by myself with kettlebells, go try do some pullups, hanging leg raises and **** like this.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/01/2008 1:37pm

Style: muaythai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do 90 minutes of training Tuesday and Thursday. This involves 1 hour of classwork/sparring and is usually capped off with a few rounds on the bag.

Saturday, I usually train for about 2 hours. This involves 45 minutes of sparring before class, an hour of class, and some bag/pad work after class is over.

On the days I don't do MA, I usually play tennis or soccer. Some days, I lift weights. All in all, I usually work out at least 5-6 days a week.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910