Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 1:49pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA (and others)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your a real piece of work.

...in MMA the only thing they know of striking techniques is kickboxing combinations

1) BECAUSE KICKBOXING WORKS IT IS EFFICIENT. That IS THE point.
    BTW this little gem here qualifies you as a troll.

"Oh, he threw a combination." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

2) The only reason one does not see any 10-15 punch combos in NHB is because they are inefficient, ie; the other person has the option to shoot/kick/close the distance somehow. Making striking a little more difficult, and if your not versed in the GnP you will be alot more apprehensive about striking a "human cannonball".

If you only practice with your friends in your style, do you really think that makes you capable of fighting people in other styles?

3) To a certain extent yes, one still needs to be, at the very least familiar with the aspects of that art. However, if you train to strike and then try to take on an MMA'ist (unless your a world class striker) your begging to get ass raped.

Would you like to try that on a regular basis before a big fight.

4) A fighter trains in stages, if you are trying to keep up with a fighter/fighters that are in pre-fight mode (and your not as skilled) your just a heavy bag with a heartbeat. So get used to it, or train with them throughout the stages, and when that final "peak" stage is hit you will have the same attitude and physical peak that they do. If you don't, STOP WHINING and take your medicine like a man. The MMA is full of sniveling little f*cktards that don't want to train and then get angry when they are run over by a PROFESSIONAL FIGHTER. WTF, if you havn't been told before I am telling you..."pull your head out of your a**, STFU, and spend some time watching, you might learn something".

(yeah I edited this for the general forum.)
    [A friend once told me he found Jennifer Connelly hot.
    "Would she still be hot if she were melting in a car wreck, like at the end of Pollock, smelling of burnt hair and bubbling intestines?" I asked.
    "Oh hell yeah."
    "How? How would you even have sex with her?"
    "Just let her cool and fold her over, like an omolette."
    Since then we've always had this universal sign for Jennifer Connelly, it's like an "opening a book" motion, only backwards. And we are often known to softly remark "....like an omolette".]--boyd

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 1:51pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: How to train w/MMA fighters for non-MMA fighters?

Originally posted by edward
    Are there any schools where you can go in, do your particular style, even if's a TMA (Shotokan, Kyokushin, Judo, etc.) without having to learn their particular brand of MT/Kickboxing/BJJ?
    If you go to a school that does things their way and you want to do things your way, then there was really no point in you taking a class.

My striking class is called "Kickboxing", but we get people who fight with Karate, Muay Thai, etc. One of our pros throws his high kicks with the distinctive Karate lower-leg snap, and he's probably the best striker aside from my instructor. However, regardless of your background you would be expected to follow along with the drills and modify what you do according to the instructor's advice. Not doing so is wasting everyone's time and very closed-minded.

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 3:28pm

Style: N/A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL. My revenge against brainless pro fighters who think what they do is the end-all be-all of martial arts, is they hardly make any money and get fucked up doing it.

But that's okay. Evidently it's worth it to them for 'fame'. :)

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 3:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Re: How to train w/MMA fighters for non-MMA fighters?

Originally posted by Shumagorath
    If you go to a school that does things their way and you want to do things your way, then there was really no point in you taking a class.

My striking class is called "Kickboxing", but we get people who fight with Karate, Muay Thai, etc. One of our pros throws his high kicks with the distinctive Karate lower-leg snap, and he's probably the best striker aside from my instructor. However, regardless of your background you would be expected to follow along with the drills and modify what you do according to the instructor's advice. Not doing so is wasting everyone's time and very closed-minded.
    Exactly ... but just because you think that a school is worthless doesn't mean you don't want to train with other fighters, right?

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 3:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyway, it's okay. I'm out of here now for good. Have fun with your fights and try not to get too hurt doing them. :)

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 3:42pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Re: Re: How to train w/MMA fighters for non-MMA fighters?

Originally posted by edward
    Exactly ... but just because you think that a school is worthless doesn't mean you don't want to train with other fighters, right?
    What connection does that have to anything I said?

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 4:00pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahahahahahaah!!!
    I can't breathe HAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Unemployed

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 4:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Filthy Jailhouse Tactics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He leaves right when he starts to become an effective troll?
    MY NAME IS ANTAGONY I SUCK AT COMBAT SPORTS KTHX

"blahblahblah, but I don't think I'm going to train tonight."
    "Fag."
    "Well if that were true, then I'd really REALLY want to come train!"

Happy birthday to me.

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 6:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Bocksing, ngBJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah. His current trolling style sucks. He was more effective when he actually believed what he thought and didn't intentionally try to cause a commotion.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 11:25pm

Style: karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what the hell was edward trying to achieve?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123