Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/28/2004 11:09pm

Style: Im a Lover, not a fighter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Most places they won't let you work on your techniques, what they'll do is 'put you down' as it were, with their greater speed, strength or training, not necessarily better techniques, and then pressure you into doing exactly what they're doing."

Sparring and drilling technique are very different things. What you prepare for football camp at a tennis practice?

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 7:55am

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ed, if they are putting you down with greater speed, strength and technique maybe you are training in the wrong thing to fight eh? No school is going to let you come in and take classes for free. If you walk into an open mat, and cannot deal with someone your same experience level, you should probably change schools.
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 12:39pm

Style: N/A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by TylerDurden
    ed, if they are putting you down with greater speed, strength and technique maybe you are training in the wrong thing to fight eh? No school is going to let you come in and take classes for free. If you walk into an open mat, and cannot deal with someone your same experience level, you should probably change schools.
    Speed, strength and training NOT technique. Maybe you need to learn to read posts.

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 12:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome back Edward!

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 1:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Once again edward you need to pull your head out of your ass. If your training is not making you stronger, better conditioned, training your reflexes to respond, and your techniques cannot deal with your opponents then your training sucks. Not that anyone is surprised that you are getting your ass kicked, with your pea brain and lack of any real skills I think everyone expects it.
    Last edited by TylerDurden; 9/30/2004 1:17pm at .

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 1:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not back, just winding down.

Hell, you couldn't understand what I was talking about Tyler, because in MMA the only thing they know of striking techniques is kickboxing combinations.

"Oh, he threw a combination." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If you only practice with your friends in your style, do you really think that makes you capable of fighting people in other styles? Would you like to try that on a regular basis before a big fight.

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 1:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the hell is that even supposed to mean? Only know kickboxing combinations? How many combinations do you think a good fighter needs? I am talking knows and uses consistently, by reflex. Let me clue you in junior, life is not a game of Tekken. Knowing the most "secret" moves does not mean you win.

Styles do not make the fighter, if you are good, you are good. It's not some movie where this clan style kund fu is useless against praying mantis kung fu. A take down is a take down, a punch is a punch. You truly are completely clueless.

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 1:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the hell is that even supposed to mean? Only know kickboxing combinations? How many combinations do you think a good fighter needs? I am talking knows and uses consistently, by reflex. Let me clue you in junior, life is not a game of Tekken. Knowing the most "secret" moves does not mean you win.

Styles do not make the fighter, if you are good, you are good. It's not some movie where this clan style kund fu is useless against praying mantis kung fu. A take down is a take down, a punch is a punch. You truly are completely clueless.
    Kickboxing combinations are for idiots.

Is that what you're saying, that all punches are the same? HAHAHAHAHA

Martial arts are truly sad these days.

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 1:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your last two comments were either incredibly stupid, or one of the worst troll jobs I have ever seen. Either way they are pretty much the end of this.

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 1:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Either way they are pretty much the end of this.
    At least you finally said something correct.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast