Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/24/2004 12:58pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, aside from a spinning heel kick, how is a right-hander supposed to hit another right-hander in the liver with that kind of power? Should I practice switching to southpaw from orthodox or just try to throw low body hooks with my lead hand?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/24/2004 1:11pm

supporting member
     Style: SECRET DEADLY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Traditional Tom
    Where is a 'liver shot' exactly? Someone should set up a 'key body shot' diagram or something so I can see where to aim on the heavybag until I can find a training partner.

They are called " vital point " and " pressure point" charts
    In a good style of KYUSHO that is what is taught. Not light touch hocus pocus but the best spots to damage the body.

Just because they show hundreds does not mean you have to use hundreds. there is a great book my friend Rand Caldwell wrote that lays out the medical facts behind the 36 vital points listed in the BUBISHI. Plus how to best attack them. He is a carrerr soldier and real good fighter. The book is called " the westren bubishi" at www.combatkyusho.com.
    ----------------------------------------
    After reading Jekyll's threads I bring back an old sig.......

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/24/2004 1:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Shumagorath
    So, aside from a spinning heel kick, how is a right-hander supposed to hit another right-hander in the liver with that kind of power? Should I practice switching to southpaw from orthodox or just try to throw low body hooks with my lead hand?
    come inside and use an elbow or knee. From out side either hand or one of many kicks.

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.

Kickboxing Coach

Posted On:
    9/24/2004 1:25pm

Style: Jujitsu/Kickboxing/Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the guy is orthodox and so are you. You need to look for where his right elbow is. Test him with a jab or a couple of quick combinations. One good combination is jab, double hook first one to the head to pull the hand up then 2nd one to the body (liver). If you have some speed you can duck under their right hand when they throw a right lead and throw a straight right to the lower right side of their body (liver). You can work them back to the ropes or what ever, look for their feet to square up step to the left and throw a double left hook head then body. There are more if you want them. Some you can work out in sparring. If the guy is a southpaw his right side is forward so he is open to all kinds of things.
    Gatti is a great body puncher.

Kickboxing Coach

Posted On:
    9/24/2004 1:27pm

Style: Jujitsu/Kickboxing/Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Kempocos
    come inside and use an elbow or knee. From out side either hand or one of many kicks.
    Knees are great for liver shots.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2004 1:40pm

Style: boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Livershots are delivered with left hooks to the body or left handed uppercuts if both fighters stand orthodox. Note that most fighters have problems putting much leverage in left uppercuts from an orthodox stance.

Posted On:
    9/24/2004 1:57pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Perhaps I should practice switch-kicking to get more power into my left roundhouse, or Comedy Reverse-roundhouse Option.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/24/2004 2:11pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he has a left hand lead , throws a right and you slip to the outside a right uppercut, rounhouse kick, sidekick, elbow would do nicely

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2004 2:27pm

Style: BAGUA - HSINGI - BOXING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kempocos ...

That is one Funny as **** signature~!!

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    9/24/2004 2:56pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Left hooks and uppercuts Shuma, the bread and butter fists of the inside fighter.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast