225124 Bullies, 4021 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: How much can you bench in relation to your body weight?

Voters
349. You may not vote on this poll
  • <half

15 4.30%
  • half to all body weight

118 33.81%
  • body weight to bodyweight X 1.5

160 45.85%
  • body weight X 1.5 to 2 x Bodyweight

48 13.75%
  • 2 x Bodyweight to 2.5 x Body weight

5 1.43%
  • >2.5 X body weight

3 0.86%
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 5:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Chemical Assistance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PL, Do you live with anyone that could spot you? Or are you referring to the Gym you go to? I always ask for a spotter when I'm doing my Squats, It doesn't take a 400lb guy to spot you. Even a little spot makes you able to get the weight off of you and reracked.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 5:59pm

Style: TKD/Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Why ???

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra
    EVERYONE POST YOUR STATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can bench two 45lb plates and a 10lb plate on both sides of an olympic bar. I'm going to be on the safe side and say I have a 35lb bar so that's 235 I weigh 200-205 depending on what time it is in the day.

1X My body weight
    Why ??? were you going to use your "bench-fu" technique on me ;-)

Posted On:
    1/07/2005 6:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    166 BW, BP Max is 200-05.
    Last edited by Equipoise; 1/07/2005 6:08pm at .

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 10:40am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop-Loops
    I hate you people. I weight 145lbs and I usually do 2 sets of 5 reps of 95lbs at the max (not the entire workout though). I can probably lift more, but I don't have a spotter, so I want to be on the safe side.

PL
    Get a good power rack, that'll help you out in that area.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 11:22am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BaguaZhang
    5'8, 215lbs. Bench 405.
    At least there is one among you sissies that was in my leauge. :5slick:

Whats going to suck is I going to have to start all over again once they cut me back open and take the metal out.,
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 1:18pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SO what are you benching, Asia?

215lbs at 5'8" is a fucking terminator. I don't have those genetics. I'm even an accountant, for gooodness' sakes!

Thanks for the info AkiraM, I'm probably going to leave supplements alone for now. My bodyweight increases slightly every time I step up the weight (I've only been working out for a year), and I've changed my routine slightly to really push my strength and build muscle, so I don't think I really need that stuff right now. I don't want to **** myself up for no reason (I'm not in training for competition), so maybe I'll look into it and talk to some people for the future.
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 2:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Avoid the roids, unless you're really die hard into it, then get someone who does them to show you the ropes. I've never done them, and what I've learned I've learned from Hawkeye and some guys that I know that have done some injectables. Since you've been doing lifting for a year, I'd suggest getting some No2 and Kre-Alkalyn. Non steroidal enhancers. The No2 dialates your blood vessels and decreases your recovery time. It also helps your endurance, and having more power for those heavy lifts. No2, is about 30-60 a bottle, I suggest Pinnacle Nox2. It's about 40. It lasts for a month. The Kre-Alkalyn is good stuff also and was about 40 $ for a 9-10month supply. Glutamine wouldn't hurt either. It's about 20$ for a nearly inexhaustible supply. No side effects or anything evil. You also keep your gains. No2 is good for about 2 months before you don't get the same gains anymore. NoX2 and Kre-Alkalyn have my super regards for excellent supplements.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 2:32pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AkiraMusashi
    PL, Do you live with anyone that could spot you? Or are you referring to the Gym you go to? I always ask for a spotter when I'm doing my Squats, It doesn't take a 400lb guy to spot you. Even a little spot makes you able to get the weight off of you and reracked.
    The weights are in my garage. My dad's an ass about me lifting*, so I don't even wanna ask.

For squats, it's not a problem yet. For some reason I can't squat more than 40lbs at the moment. I don't get, but that's what it is. I can just lift the weight and put it on my shoulders. I'll hack squat when (if) I start squatting too much to just lift it above my head.

*he's an ass, as in, I train once or twice a week, full body workout, compound movements, takes me about an hour + warmup. He claims I'm doing it all wrong. I'm not a pro and don't want to be, so I shouldn't train like them. I "dink around" too much. I should just periodically jump in the garage, and pump out a set or two, then leave. My retort is: "are you crazy? I'll just injure myself without a proper warmup" his reply: "DUh! Just use lower weights and more reps". He claims everything I'm doing is ****, and he knows better, even though he' hasn't regularly excercised in over 20 years and never even read a single book or anything about lifting. I wanted to find my 1RM one time, so I asked him to spot. He just stood there, I unracked the bar, started going down, and he just walked away. One day he showed me an excercise. Kinda like upright row, except, 1/8th of the way up. I asked him what the hell was that supposed to do? When do you ever lift 1/8th of the way up? He said it works your lats. Gah, sorry for ranting, it's just pissing me off.

So basically, I play it on the safe side with bench and squats. It's pretty much my only option right now. =/

PL
    Last edited by Poop Loops; 1/08/2005 4:05pm at .

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 3:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah my dad's a lazy schmo. He has tons of exercise equipment, he just never uses it. They're in the garage and they seem fossilized in time. Since your dad refuses to spot you as he seems he's being the usual pompous ass that knows everything, I suggest getting some Db's and a rubber mat. You can do full body workouts and don't really need a spot as if you can't get them off or you're starting to falter, you can bring them down and drop them on the mat. The adjustable ones are very nice. I always crash down my heavy weight after I finish the lift. My dad's the same way. I think much of our parents generation still has that mentality of seen and not heard.

Posted On:
    1/08/2005 3:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, your dad is correct in one aspect. You need to do more than just two sets of something and stopping. You also need a goal and planned set of lifts. If you're doing 2 sets of a core lift and a warmup, why does it take you an hour or so to finish? Warmup with a simple set of a low weight. For my Bp, I do 135 to warm up. One set of 6 or 7. That should be all you need for that speciifc area of lifting. Doing too much warmming up will sap your energy and take away from your lifting.
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast