Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 5:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anybody know of any good schools in the Dallas area.

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 8:36pm

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Lion's Den has a school in Dallas, pretty sure one of the Machado brothers teaches there too. Check the yellow pages, just about everybody advertises there.
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    1/16/2003 1:55pm

Style: Tai Chi & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, Guy Mezger has his own gym out there.

"Strike first! Strike hard! No mercy, sir!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2003 3:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try Eric Mattingly's Crosstraining school. They are good.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/21/2003 9:48am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ralph Severe's Art of Combat

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

"I love you Asia" - I Give BJJs Posted - December 25 2002 : 10:40:09
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2003 4:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Carlos Machado has a jiu-jitsu school up north.

Guy Mezger has a Lion's Den, they have all kind of classes like kickboxing, grappling, etc.

I chose Mohler's Jiu-Jitsu, they offer BJJ as well as Muay Thai, Vale Tudo, some boxing and wrestling classes. The only location right now is up in Irving. Everyone there is real cool, all of the instructors have crosstrained in BJJ, wrestling, MT, Karate, etc.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2003 5:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Mohler's Jiu-Jitsu, they offer BJJ as well as Muay Thai, Vale Tudo, some boxing and wrestling classes. The only location right now is up in Irving. Everyone there is real cool, all of the instructors have crosstrained in BJJ, wrestling, MT, Karate, etc
    Hey k-diddy

I went by Mohler's place few weeks ago to check out their Muay Thai program. How are the BJJ classes.Was there any contracts you had to sign before joining up. How long have you been going there. And what happen to his school in Coppell and the one off Inwood Rd in Dallas.

Edited by - Travis X on January 26 2003 16:10:05

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2003 12:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been at Mohler's for about 9 months, it's real cool. The website's out of date, last year he had classes at that Inwood location which was a nice big high school gym but I guess there was some political BS going on with the school and they were getting stretched thin with instructors so they shut it down. They basically moved the old Coppell location down south to where it is now, which was great because the mats were kind of beat up at the old place.

I pretty much just do BJJ and the classes are great, lots of different experience levels and people with different backgrounds like wrestling or judo, and everyone's real friendly. The instructors are all real cool as well. They also have Vale Tudo classes which are supposed to be pretty cool, I was going to try to check one out this Tuesday so I'll let you know how it goes.

As far as contracts, I think he does want you to sign for a year which made me hesitate a little, he might be flexible about this or let you try it for a month or whatever. Overall it seemed cheaper than Mezger's or Machado's plus they offer a lot more different classes.

Let me know if I can answer any more questions, unfortunately I don't know much about the Muay Thai classes but a lot of people seem to do both.

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    1/27/2003 1:13am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was a Muay Thai boxing school in Coppell I was trying to go to which I am guessing is the one you are talking about.

I've been e-mailing them asking about it but no response.

Also the Guy Metzger one does sound good and all, but you can't train MMA until you have had experience in some grapplings and kickboxing for atleast a year in both and its pretty expensive :P So ;P I'd rather just go to a muay thai shcool or BJJ school for now.

Do you have the address's or numbers for those and the costs? I am really eager to start up Muay Thai.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2003 2:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's some websites:

Mohler's (I think it's $99/mo for BJJ, I don't know if MT is extra):
    http://www.mohlerjiu-jitsu.com/index.htm
    BTW, if you're serious call the number and talk to Allan, he's a nice guy and can answer your specific questions.

Mezger's (I don't know the cost, I think you can find it in the site):
    http://guymezger.com/classes.cfm

Here's a Muay Thai school up in Plano I just found, it sounds pretty legit but I honestly don't know much about MT or this school:
    http://www.teamknockout.com/kickboxing_and_martial_art_cente.htm

Hope that's helpful, feel free to private message me if you have any more questions.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast