Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2004 7:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    unfortunately I have school on sundays.. maybe I can finagle my way out of it

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 7:30pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm going to be in wisconsin, sucks for you guys.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 10:09pm

Style: Ryukyu Kempo-Toudi Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes we are very sad.....

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 9:08pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    10/01/2004 10:52am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Jenfucius
    i'm going to be in wisconsin, sucks for you guys.
    i'm sure we'll have more throwdowns in the future.

and having spent 4 years at the university of wisconsin, i can say with confidence that it's going to suck way more for you to be there than it is going to suck for us to not be able to spar with you.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2004 12:48pm

Style: Kobukai Ju-Jitsu / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [Re-post]

Hey all, I'm Matt from Fightauthority.com. I live in CT and not too far away from NYC. I've seen some videos and stuff, but how do these throwdowns work? Do some of you guys actually teach? Or is it just fighting? How many people normally come? I assume it's open to all, right? Is it just NHB or you guys mix it up?

Would you guys mind if I posted some throwdowns on Fightauthority.com?

Posted On:
    10/01/2004 12:52pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Go for it you filthy bastard!!

Nice? To see you on here, if you remember me at all.
    Respect.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    10/01/2004 1:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hi matt,

you are more than welcome to come... the emphasis is more on sharing than teaching.

some of the things i plan to discuss, demonstrate and see other people demonstrate:

warmup routines, training methods, 2 man drills, etc.

then after some sparring, i would think that there will be some discussion of how certain moves were pulled off, re-enactments of the moves, etc.

the sparring will be mixed up, depending on what ranges and intensity the people sparring want to engage in. everything from just hands to full MMA style.

as far as posting the videos on fightauthority.com goes, you should ask phrost or the mods what their policy is (and probably the people in the individual videos as well.) my only concern is that the videos would be presented in context (friendly sparring) especially since you have a lot of fight footage on your site.

Originally posted by Fightauthority
    [Re-post]

Hey all, I'm Matt from Fightauthority.com. I live in CT and not too far away from NYC. I've seen some videos and stuff, but how do these throwdowns work? Do some of you guys actually teach? Or is it just fighting? How many people normally come? I assume it's open to all, right? Is it just NHB or you guys mix it up?

Would you guys mind if I posted some throwdowns on Fightauthority.com?
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Easily Distracted by Food.

Posted On:
    10/01/2004 1:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Ming Loyalist
    oh one more thing... i expect that a good deal of the discussion will come directly from the results of the sparring... i.e. "please explain how you pulled THAT off."

with that in mind i don't want to have a "seminar" section and a "sparring" section.

i think we will do some warming up, start talking about some topics, that will lead into some sparring, then more talk (while others are sparring) then demonstations of techniques, and back to sparring... for instance i am looking forward to explain how certain TCMA fighting philosophies apply to the ground game, and i think jaychiu is interested in discussing it with me and then we can roll and see how it works in action. no ego, just learning from each other.
    I think the format will be something like above and the people sparring set the rules and how hard they want to go. It's questionable to how many people are going to show up. I think we've confirmed about 5 but expect more.

There is one "instruction" scheduled so far and it's where 5Fingaz, a BJJ Blue, is going to show Gi Chokes. I'm sure after the instruction people will want to roll to try and apply it.

Easily Distracted by Food.

Posted On:
    10/07/2004 8:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ttt

Less than two weeks away...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast