Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2004 4:24am

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Meat Shake, that's November 7-11 I asssume?

PM me and/or drop me an email when you're coming up, just to remind me.

jonathan_lamb@mcad.edu

...and for anyone else who's interested and wants to drop me a note. I'll keep you all posted if anything develops. Can we have a four person throwdown :)?

Shar, I need to get your real name, I was talking to Alice a few weeks ago trying to figure out who you are :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2004 10:03am

Style: Iron Chef

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, 7-11 through 11-11 is when ill be up there. Most of my day sunday is open, but my flight is at 6 am so Ill be hella tired... Well just have to see how it goes, but as I said, if time doesnt permit a throwdown we can throwdown some beers instead. I move up to minneapolis for good on the 18th or so of december for music school.
    Last edited by Meat Shake; 10/19/2004 4:40pm at .

Posted On:
    10/19/2004 3:51pm

Style: Okinowan Shuri

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunky
    Meat Shake, that's November 7-11 I asssume?

PM me and/or drop me an email when you're coming up, just to remind me.

jonathan_lamb@mcad.edu

...and for anyone else who's interested and wants to drop me a note. I'll keep you all posted if anything develops. Can we have a four person throwdown :)?

Shar, I need to get your real name, I was talking to Alice a few weeks ago trying to figure out who you are :)

Hey talking to my sensei is cheating!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/26/2004 10:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok... ive got my tickets, hotel, and rental car booked. Ill be flying up on november 7th at noon, and staying until the 11th at noon. Tuesday Im booked all day at school, monday looking for apartments.... I may have time wednesday the 10th if anyone is interested in maybe showing a little of what they know or just having a beer.
    Ill send some PM's a day or two before I leave.
    Regards-
    Meat Shake

Posted On:
    10/27/2004 11:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Shake
    Ok... ive got my tickets, hotel, and rental car booked. Ill be flying up on november 7th at noon, and staying until the 11th at noon. Tuesday Im booked all day at school, monday looking for apartments.... I may have time wednesday the 10th if anyone is interested in maybe showing a little of what they know or just having a beer.
    Ill send some PM's a day or two before I leave.
    Regards-
    Meat Shake
    Sure dude you come during the week I work every night except Saturday. Wednesday I start work at 2PM I doubt I will be able to meet you guys for beer before work... the boss wouldn't like that much. But let me know where you guys are going I might be able to swing by after work if you intend to be there somewhat late (say midnight).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2004 8:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hehehe... Ill probably go out one night while Im there... all depends though. My two friends comming with me are only 20 (I turn 21 on saturday), so if we go out we have to go to an 18 and up or I have to go alone. In any case, if there is not time this time around, no worries because Im moving up there for good in another month.
    While Im thinking about it, any suggestions on places I should check out while Im up there this time around? Im looking to moving in the uptown area, and probably will be training at the kali/mma school.

Posted On:
    10/28/2004 2:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Shake
    Hehehe... Ill probably go out one night while Im there... all depends though. My two friends comming with me are only 20 (I turn 21 on saturday), so if we go out we have to go to an 18 and up or I have to go alone. In any case, if there is not time this time around, no worries because Im moving up there for good in another month.
    While Im thinking about it, any suggestions on places I should check out while Im up there this time around? Im looking to moving in the uptown area, and probably will be training at the kali/mma school.

Ewwwwwwwwww Uptown... you're either brave or foolish on the plus side though you will be near the U of M and you won't quite be in ghetto central though that is debatable...

Let me know what the plan is when you guys finalize it. I will be coming from work if I make it so I will be in a skirt or dress, so no rollerblading or grappling :icon_mrgr

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2004 2:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "you're either brave or foolish on the plus side though you will be near the U of M and you won't quite be in ghetto central though that is debatable... "

lol... The most ghetto area I saw last time I was up there looked like the nice parts of san antonio. San Antonio is real ghetto. Seriously.
    Im moving uptown because of the college kids. Easy to find inexpensive apartments that are fairly new and have free DSL. I actually went looking for a ghetto in minneapolis and couldnt find anything resembling one. ;) Is uptown really the more ghetto area of minneapolis? How is the crime rate? I dont really know too much about it... Im just moving up there because of the music school Im going to.

"I will be coming from work if I make it so I will be in a skirt or dress, so no rollerblading or grappling" Aiieee caliente! I think ill be leaving my skirts at home this time. ;)

^yes thats a joke.

Posted On:
    10/29/2004 9:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are worse places than uptown, I just don't care for it much. Actually I don't care for Murderapol... errr Minneapolis much - lets just say the city planners that set up that city left much to be desired. I used to work downtown and HATED driving there every day. It's not a horribally high crime rate but Minneapolis is considerablly worse than St. Paul which is considerablly worse than suburbia USA where I live.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/29/2004 10:26am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hehehe... I liked downtown a lot last time I went. Downtown san antonio always feels like you are about to get pulled into an alley from behind and shanked.
    In any case, Im not too worried about the crime rate. I dont have a wife or kids to worry about and I can hold my own quite well, not to mention Ill have a boxer before I move and he will be trained quite aggressively... (I mean a dog)
    Cool. Well Ill drop a message next friday or so and leave any final details.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast