Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    9/28/2004 4:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by kemosave
    A discussion of why General Choi never brought all the systems into one style would be more interesting.
    Go to the History forum for something like that. BTW...Gen Choi did not bring the korean karate into one system. He just gave it the name.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    9/28/2004 4:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Osiris
    WTF was created AFTER ITF partly in response to Chois falling out of favor with their government. As for TSD and the like, not everyone's gonna jump on board no matter what Choi did. TSD is more of a traditional karate style.
    Actaully it is the other way around. ITF was formed due to Choi's falling out with the governement. So in essence it came after WTF. TSD did not like the direction that WTF was heading and pulled its support. This caused internal strife where many of the younger generations did not agree with GM Hwang Kee and decided to go on with the WTF. This is why you have Moodukkwan Taekwondo and Moodukkwan Tangsoodo.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

"Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2004 6:26pm

Style: Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Osiris, there is nothing wrong with my reading comprehension. I scored in the top 3% of my graduating class (college) in reading comprehension. That was for the whole state. Your arrogant reply profits no one. May I suggest sticking to the subject without critically seeking fault with me? And look the thread's picked up. It's getting interesting now. :). Peace.
    Last edited by kemosave; 9/28/2004 6:38pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2004 6:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now I know your heart.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2004 7:45pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well part of it anyway.. lol. How about someone mentioned this should be in the Martial Arts History section and so I looked over there and found a nice thread entitled "History of Korean Martial Arts." I posted there and welcome your comments on the link I found. I apologize for not intuitively discerning that based on the format of the forum. Peace.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 8:21am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by kemosave
    Well part of it anyway.. lol. How about someone mentioned this should be in the Martial Arts History section and so I looked over there and found a nice thread entitled "History of Korean Martial Arts." I posted there and welcome your comments on the link I found. I apologize for not intuitively discerning that based on the format of the forum. Peace.
    How sweet...Fresh meat. :cool: Game on folks!
    Jeremy M. Talbott

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Posted On:
    10/03/2004 1:31am

Style: TaeKwonDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's my ITF - WTF expierience

I competed in a tourney .... directed by a grandmaster in WTF form of TKD.
    he had over 100 of his students there, plus students from other local WTF schools. i perform in ITF taekwondo. i competed in a forms competition with atleast 15 other adult black belt's... all from this directing school. i was 2nd from last to perform. the 4 judges were all masters under this WTF grandmaster who directed the tourney. i performed a 1st degree BB form, the third one to be exact ( Gae-Baek for all you ITF fans) ... and literally blew the faces off of the judges, the other performers and the crowd. i won first place, because if these judges would have been biased, i would have been totally obvious and would have made the school that directed this tourney look bad. this shows... how sport oriented opposed to tradional oriented WTF taekwondo is...

-TKDc

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2004 3:09pm

Style: Korean Capoiera

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by TKDCritic
    Here's my ITF - WTF expierience

I competed in a tourney .... directed by a grandmaster in WTF form of TKD.
    he had over 100 of his students there, plus students from other local WTF schools. i perform in ITF taekwondo. i competed in a forms competition with atleast 15 other adult black belt's... all from this directing school. i was 2nd from last to perform. the 4 judges were all masters under this WTF grandmaster who directed the tourney. i performed a 1st degree BB form, the third one to be exact ( Gae-Baek for all you ITF fans) ... and literally blew the faces off of the judges, the other performers and the crowd. i won first place, because if these judges would have been biased, i would have been totally obvious and would have made the school that directed this tourney look bad. this shows... how sport oriented opposed to tradional oriented WTF taekwondo is...

-TKDc
    Hmm...
    Same thing happend to me. I went to a WTF tourney, did Gae Baek, and got a very positive response from the Audience AND from the men I was competing against.

The judges hated me.

Heh heh.
    SK
    NOTE: None of this is relevant to this thread. This is the most random thread of all time.

Posted On:
    10/03/2004 4:38pm

Style: TaeKwonDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Osiris
    What does it show? Huh?
    read the last sentence in the post moron

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    10/03/2004 4:41pm

supporting member