Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/20/2003 6:27pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What kinda training regimen do you do if you want to maximize muscle density but keep down on bulk?

I'm only 16 and am still growing so I don't do any serious lifting. I just do pullups and pushups and things like that with my own body weight. Which seems to be helping my strength quite a bit...

It's the poster who's hotter than an erection that shows no affection.
    You want some birth control? You can smoke a cigarette.

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    1/21/2003 12:01pm

Style: Tai Chi & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only way I lift is like a bodybuilder. I suppose it's what I'm used to & the only way I know how. I stop lifting about two weeks before a martial arts tournament & feel great! I don't think my bodybuilder methods hinder my performance whatsoever.

"Strike first! Strike hard! No mercy, sir!"

RAAAAAAR! Fear the Tiger!

Posted On:
    1/21/2003 12:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just so long as you WORK at keeping the flexibility, etc. you're fine. The problem is that most of the "weekend warrior" builders don't stretch, don't warm up and don't do anything but get huge...so they just tighten and tighten.

Kills the body alignment too, if you're not careful. You sound like you know your stuff though, DD, so more power to you!

Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"I would never, in my life, wear black silk underwear" -Classic JCVD
    Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    1/21/2003 7:20pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Mikus,

Try www.hardgainer.com

Its a natural weight lifting website geared toward those of us who aren't genetic Arnie type freaks.
    Their forum there has massive amounts of information on various types of training.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    1/21/2003 11:49pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I said you don't get huge doing free weights, it was meant just because you lift free weights doesn't mean your going to be huge.

The unaturally huge guys that you see at the gym are probably on juice, or have been lifting for 20+ years.

It takes an extremely long amount of time to get the natural strength and size of some of these guys, and they still look bad and have poor agility to do tons of excess body fat.

Lifting will improve everything you do.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/22/2003 7:46am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just cameback from my lunchtime workout. I was talking big ****. I was lifting 410lbs. Feeling good. THEN my BN Commander comes over and says, "You kids!" throws on 20lbs and throws it up!!!! Me and my partner were like, "Fucking NO NECK having bastard, Sir" He replies, "Don't worry someday you will be a real boy!" (Thats MY line. I was going to slap him but that didn't seem smart.)

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

"I love you Asia" - I Give BJJs Posted - December 25 2002 : 10:40:09
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    1/22/2003 9:36am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your BN commander? WTF? I caught one of my old BN commanders saluting a tree. You think I'm kidding...

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/22/2003 10:00am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah our BN CDR is pretty hardcore he's built like a linebacker, pretty active and his favorite sports are football and Pro wrestling. A newbie trick we like to pull (this actually started with the BN CSM) is to tell them that when he they see the BN CDR to let him know that Pro wrestling is FAKE!!! He will have them in his office locked up watching his hommage to Triple H with him screaming "SEE THAT! THAT'S REAL BLOOD!"

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

"I love you Asia" - I Give BJJs Posted - December 25 2002 : 10:40:09
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    1/22/2003 11:49am

Style: Tai Chi & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crimson Tiger, you're right about the flexibility. I'm nowhere near as flexible as I was during the days that I loathed weightlifting. There are ways around it though. Look at Van Damme. He's pretty big and has great flexibility. Russ Testo, the Physique Artist Extraordinaire, is still big and flexible at 50+ years-old. I think 'roid freak Flex Wheeler still does the splits during his posing routines.

"Strike first! Strike hard! No mercy, sir!"
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345