Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 3:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What does he have to explain to you. He asked a simple question, and then told you all you needed to know...that he is "feeling old". You're shifting the blame for you being rude. You jumped on him. I think it's really contemptible the way people behave in forums sometimes. As a rule, I try my best not to behave any differently in a forum than I would in real life.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 3:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dead Lizard - Believe me, I appreciate your help. I am considering adjusting workout schedule accordingly. This site just has me SO confused. To much logic sometimes. Think I'll read the fight between Peedee and Jamoke. That usually settles me down.

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 3:35pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well... that is kinda hard for me because many people in my family are like 60 and they still do things normally. My grandfather is about 68 and he still walk, help people moving, and do other things and he is fine. Also my other grandfather is like little over 70 and he still shoots and hunting and stuff. So I get used to seeing old people being able to do things, so I thought he was talking about lifting weights and stuff but he don't want to really excrise or anythings.

"I would rather to admit I am a lousy student instead of saying I am the best student because once you thinks you are the best, you see no reason to continue learning"
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Reading FD cause cancer

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 3:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and yes it is my fault... I know I misjudge things and assume it is something else.... that is one of my biggest problem in real life, but at least I have enough common sense to live to be old to admit I was wrong about a lot of things.

"I would rather to admit I am a lousy student instead of saying I am the best student because once you thinks you are the best, you see no reason to continue learning"
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Ex-ATA and Proud of it.

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 3:40pm

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are many misconceptions about weight training, one being that it that inhibits flexibility. This is a major misconception. If weight training is done properly through the full range of motion on the body part you are working out, it increases flexibility.

Another is that weight lifting is not an aerobic activity. When done properly, weight training is an aerobic activity. Spend less time resting between sets, 30 to 60 seconds, and the heart rate will reach aerobic levels. Always work to failure, not just a specific number of repetitions, and this will also add to the aerobic effect, as well as building strength.

Joint problems, on the other hand, are a problem. They are caused by not working up to the weight you train with properly. Just because a person can lift a certain weight does not mean that all of the tendons associated with the movement are capable of bearing the load without some injury. When the tendons cannot bear the load, the joints are overworked and injured because of changes in the kineseology of the movement.

Lastly, it is possible to increase strength with out increasing body mass to the size of a body builder. Being stronger is a plus in any physical activity, including Martail Arts.

Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.
    Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.

Never approach a Bull from the front, a Horse from the rear, or a Fool from any direction!

He who dares not offend cannot be honest. -- Thomas Payne

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 3:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was a really stand-up response FatalityDragon.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Reading FD cause cancer

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 4:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol why would I care what other people thinks of me? I was trying to be nice and admit my mistake. If you want to put me down everytime then go ahead and see if I care. Everyone always try to put me down so I am used to it.

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 5:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Um, I wasn't putting you down. I was recognizing the fact that you did the right and honorable thing. That's what "stand-up" means (outside of fighting). I do care what people think of me. It's the mirror of the self.

Reading FD cause cancer

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 10:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok... thank you... But why did you says it was stupid one? The reason I don't care if anyone put me down is because I have been through it so often (mainly because I am deaf and have interest into many things that many people thinks require hearring) that it become part of my every day life. By the way... I really admire and respect you, Wastrel

Reading FD cause cancer

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 10:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OMG I am so sorry.... for some reason I accidentally read "That was a really stupid stand up" Hmm... I better go see a eyes doctor or something because I have been reading things that doesn't exist lately. Could that be dyslexia?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast