3/04/2005 5:52pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

To our members: we need to talk-

Can we talk? Seriously?

Please excuse any grammar errors;

Guys lately I’ve come to this board and, for those of you who aren’t part of the blackbelt club, I truly haven’t posted much. I’ve been busy with many business items so I don’t have enough time to do my normal duties here on Bullshido. What I do have the chance of doing is seeing cursory discussions and chiming in without really knowing what is going on or what’s really happening. Maybe I’ll have a chance to look around for about 20 minutes at a time and then I’m off again. Something has happened lately, and fortunately I found a huge break to write this enormously large post so I hope our guests from other forums and you newbies who have been here for less than a year could read this and get a better understanding on my perception of what Bullshido is.

I joined this site shortly after it’s creation. One month if my memory serves me correctly. I held my self to be as formal as possible because I didn’t want to step on anybody’s toes. There was something different about this forum though that took me 2 months to finally understand, then I took the kid gloves off.

You see this wasn’t my original pseudonym. I came here as a kung-fu instructor, but nobody believed I did any “real fighting”. People here wanted to see proof and truthfully that’s not my way. I was bashed by everybody and anybody who I now consider good acquaintances and friends. Posters you wouldn’t believe. This forum has been through a lot and through it all we came to an unspoken understanding, we’re all different but at least we can be up front with each other instead of walking on egg shells. If you think you’re being picked you don’t know the half of it.

Our first great endeavor I’ll call the “witch hunt” era. We all started accusing every studio, gym, and system Mcdojo and we just posted their links and had at it. One of these owners took huge offense and gave the members here a taste of our own medicine. He blasted one of the founders and had everybody running around questioning who this guy really was. When we found out some of us sat back and smiled others got very offended and angry but he brought a sense of NHB verbiage to the board with his flame wars with one of the founders and this set the tone for many things to come.

Around this time was the first of many “punking” of the infamous Ashida Kim. Two of our very own members took it upon themselves, autonomous from Bullshido, to go and accept Ashida Kim’s challenge which was stupid and ludicrous anyway. They produced their own monies, contacted Ashida Kim and accepted any of the repercussions of suggested event upon themselves despite they’re lack of training at the time. This event didn’t happen as Ashida Kim quickly stepped down.

Also about this time (we’re talking less than a year after it’s initial creation and before this website was called Bullshido) one of the above challengers of Ashida Kim decided to do a challenge to a local BJJ school known for its high quality of BJJ training. He did this separate of Bullshido and personally speaking I didn’t understand this myself. What he did do though was conduct himself with a high regard of integrity go down and was quickly shown how effective BJJ was. With no whining on his part he posted his results and allowed himself to be the target of many BJJ nut riders and wannabes. In the long run though he earned much respect because he did what he said what he was going to do and didn’t make any excuse afterwards.

It was this very same person who came up with the concept of the “Mcthrowdowns”. Time to put up or shut up and he slated the first one to be held in Atlanta, Georgia. Not to be out done the West Coast rat pack decided to throw their own a few weeks before the East Coast throwdowns. At this point I had changed my name to omega and didn’t let anybody know what I did and went to show up to the west coast throwdown. You see I got tired of the members of the board doubting me about doing kung-fu and everything else I was doing. After it was all said done I asked that they didn’t post my picture, don’t post much about me and just say we had a little fun. I just wanted everybody to know I was who I said I was. In Atlanta though it was a bit different. The monster known as Asia showed up and not only wanted to everything to be shown but he wanted everybody to see what his Kung-fu (Baji), and non BJJ ass could do and they killed each other over there.

During this time the founder of this forum found himself mired in a plethora of litigation. “Bullshido” came into fruition and many of the members fought for a new form of identification separating what is “Bullshido” and what is “Mcdojo”. He did this so that many of the ungrateful posters here can do what they do everyday and take it for granted. He could have simply shut down. He could have walked away despite the stress on him and his family but he didn’t and when people bash him it irritates me because they don’t understand the sacrifices many of the senior members have made.

Shortly after the dust settled from this another challenge presented itself. Anthony Perkins, or rather some of his cronies, came on here spouting the greatness of their system and how he defeated and one the respect of many MMA and BJJ fighters. For the first time Bullshido came together and accepted Anthony Perkins challenge. They needed an experienced MMA fighter to go test Perkins method so I stepped up. All I would reveal about myself is that I did MMA. I would not give out my height, weight, or full experience because of the attitude of preparedness that Perkins preached. His group backed out after 4 days of interaction and we thought that would be the end of it. No more than 2 days later he was bragging on how he showed and earned the respect of 2 or 3 MMA fighters that just so happened to walk in and question him. At this point I called bullshit and I now refer to him as Anthony “fuckhead” Perkins as this is as much respect I think he deservers.

Suddenly there was a fire under many of the members for legitimate investigations of many of these bullshit artists claiming everything from “multi person grappling” to “no touch KO’s” but these are a very select group. Not everybody was invited because of the maturity of the majority of this group not to mention trust factor. You see we had one member go absolutely nuts on here and took a good chunk of members with him.

Recently there has been a plethora of members seeking validation through the getting together at the throwdowns. I’m not as critical as some members might think me to be. I don’t necessarily agree on how these throwdowns are supposed to be run but, in spite of possibly losing some friends through this comment, I do have to agree that the skill level at these throwdowns are sorely lacking for as much smack talk that is done. I have much respect for anybody with enough integrity to meet me face to face and say what they think they would say behind the keyboard. That’s all I saw these throwdowns being. I don’t feel that I’m all that great of a martial artist I leave those judgments up to the products of my teachings and people who around me. Anything else is just plain arrogant. For any of our members that feel that they’re better than anybody because they showed to a throwdown and basically showed their skill ,and in many cases lack there of, you need to grow up and get a better sense of reality.

We have a new generation of bullshidoers out there that are trying to fight the good fight but are sorely disillusioned about what we do here. I’m not the one who is going to dictate that. I simply give you the above examples of what many of the senior members had to go through to fight the fight because they walked the talk. Our guest from other forums are quick to jump on us because of our lack of formality and mature language. They fail to understand that this type of rhetoric only takes away from and delays the objective here. Unfortunately we as members forget that as we go other forums that they are not used to such straight forwardness and they act just as we would in their stead “who is this new person think he is coming in here and telling us what is what”.

Now this is me being my typical assholeness self:
    If you go out and challenge any studio owner, instructor or “master” to a fight you do not represent me, you do not represent Bullshido, you represent yourself. Have enough integrity and maturity to understand that when you do so that you aren’t doing this alone. You include your family and the lives of the people you disrupt trying to get into a pissing contest with somebody who probably has nothing personal against you. Be careful on trying to prove yourself and emulate anybody on this board you perceive as a role model. You have no idea what they’ve done to get to this point. I’ve been fortunate enough to meet over 4 dozen members of this forum and have gone to throwdowns in 3 different states. I’ve had at least 9 members actually come and train with me and personally talk with off of these boards. I call these members friends and they’ve earned my respect. Any of you keyboard warriors, UFC wannabes, stadium cheerleaders, and MA style nutriders who fantasies in being the next Bruce Lee you need to be honest with yourselves and have a degree of integrity. I hate preaching. I’ve been on these boards for nearly 3 years now and have tried to avoid preaching as much as possible. I have fun with the new guys and I took it upon myself to get them going with the bluntness that is Bullshido in order to expedite the potential good members into the fray and weed out the sensitive members who probably couldn’t hack it here one way or the other. If you are here for the good fight, here’s the stick pick it up and run with it but at least respect the guys who’ve already been there.

For all those who agree with me and to all those who think I’m an idiot I salute you

:::: middle finger ::::

Marasmos

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 6:01pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to omega again.
    You say what about my rice?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 6:04pm

Style: kkkkkk

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    Can we talk? Seriously?

Please excuse any grammar errors;

For all those who agree with me and to all those who think I’m an idiot I salute you

:::: middle finger ::::

Omega, I gained a lot of respect/ understanding for you and the other senior members after reading this post. I learned a lot about the history of Bullshido.com . I have not been here long at all but all I have to say that was the BEST and most informative Post I have read thus far on bullshido.
    excellent post.

Josh

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 6:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 3/04/2005 6:26pm at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 6:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    Recently there has been a plethora of members seeking validation through the getting together at the throwdowns...

For any of our members that feel that they’re better than anybody because they showed to a throwdown and basically showed their skill ,and in many cases lack there of, you need to grow up and get a better sense of reality.
    There you go Omega, destroying the last argument many Bullshidoer's use whenever I question the validity of their beliefs. :icon_thum
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 6:20pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Small correction: KCD was John Perkins.

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 7:08pm

Style: wingy chingy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice post Omega.
    "It does not matter who the master is. It does not matter what the face looks like. The masters are of the Qimen school of qigong/meditation which is related to Zen. The master wears white robes, and the predecessor master wears bright gold robes. The qimen school travels the univers and is not restricted to what paradise they live in. It has many masters" -Serious Harm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 7:13pm

Style: thugjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

very well said

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Ouimette
    Omega, I gained a lot of respect/ understanding for you and the other senior members after reading this post. I learned a lot about the history of Bullshido.com . I have not been here long at all but all I have to say that was the BEST and most informative Post I have read thus far on bullshido.
    excellent post.

Josh
    I agree completely,

The funny thing is you would never know ASIA is a badass by the way he talks in fact I had a few Pms with him about some personal issues and found him to be totally opposite than my initial perspective of him. I would certainly like to see him fight and study him(style) interesting guy to say the least.

I just wanted you to know Omega that I have found a few threads that need a closer look most notably "Chuck Greer" In no way do I plan on representing myself as Bullshido anything I decide to pursue I will suffer the consequence of my actions. I think its great to have a fora' that people can air their specific gripes,yet I feel far more suited to the investigative role.

I really like this forum and will work very hard in a profesional manner to add positive contributions that further the legitimacy of Bullshido. The other day I pmd Bang(Duane Ludwig) about Bullshido and will continue with my private efforts to draw pro fighters into the ranks. Bullshido would do well with a small amount of "direct advertising" over at Sherdog. I feel the more pros Bullshido has as members equates to more respect.

anyway great post!

Jay

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 7:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here here! That has changed my outlook as well on the site. I know there's a lot of BS going on and most of what is said has to be taken with a grain of salt. Challenge matches between strangers aren't my thing, but I do like training hard with those that I know or at least have exchanged words with (intelligently), but there has to be that level of trust...and maturity. It's hard to find nowadays.

Thanks for the reality check about the board. I personally needed it.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/04/2005 7:26pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great post.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast