Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 1:01am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But SCARS give you the ability to dodge the bullets, right?

"I'm not tense; just terribly, terribly alert."
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 1:15am

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I heard that there are some Tai Chi school that will teach you how to use your chi to make your body so hard that the bullet will bounce right off it. I want to volunteer to test that theory... I want to be the shooter :->

"I would rather to admit I am a lousy student instead of saying I am the best student because once you thinks you are the best, you see no reason to continue learning"
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Taking a break

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 7:15am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, taichi will not make you bullet proof. Aikido on the other hand will... Our beloved founder and ambassador to this planet is renowned for his ability to shrug off bullets with his ponytail, and to defeat a hundred armed men without breaking a sweat.
    All hail O Sensei Lesbian Seagall.....
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 9:27am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >Well kungfoolss, seeing how the bullet travels faster then sound, the guy would have been hit before he heard the shot.

Thank you. I am glad pple still think and don't ask stupid queries.

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

"I love you Asia" - I Give BJJs Posted - December 25 2002 : 10:40:09
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 5:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thank you. I am glad pple still think and don't ask stupid queries.

Ahh, it's always such a pleasure to be surrounded by the individuals who revel in their own arrogance and very sparse analytical abilities. (Chuckling) Perhaps, you stylists would care to explain how you arrived at this preposterous presumption?

Exactly, where in that article did it lead you to make this asinine determination? The news report did not mention any detailed sequence of events, from when the first bullet left the firearm to the last bullet being discharged? Did the first bullet miss or did it hit? What did it impact? Were the succeeding barrage of gunfire are what led to the death of this young man or did they miss their mark as well? Remember, the gunman was firing on a moving target while in motion himself, there is a probability that his first shot may have missed, thereby giving the car occupants time to 'duck.'

In addition, what was the intervals between each bullet being discharged? This alone would be a determining factor before passing judgment, the stylist may have been frozen with fright, thereby negating his ability to seek cover. Let's face it, regardless of extensiveness of one's mcdojo training, it will never help to prepare you for the realities of actual combat.

Now, I'm merely postulating possible theories, but to draw an idiotic conclusion in the lame effort to prop up your floundering political agenda, is simply ridiculous.

Give a stylist enough rope, he'll usually find a way to hang himself for you...

Edited by - kungfoolss on January 15 2003 16:19:33
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 5:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kungfoolss,
    Shut up about combat. You apparently haven't even learned the lessons avaliable to people who play paintball.

"Now, I'm merely postulating possible theories, but to draw an idiotic conclusion in the lame effort to prop up your floundering political agenda, is simply ridiculous."

*Screaming laughter. Rolling on the floor while my dogs look at me quizzically* You're the only one hanging himself with his own rope. Quit abusing your thesaurus, Mr. Malaprop.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**

Edited by - The Wastrel on January 15 2003 16:19:39
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 5:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

*Screaming laughter. Rolling on the floor while my dogs look at me quizzically* You're the only one hanging himself with his own rope. Quit abusing your thesaurus, Mr. Malaprop.

Edited by - The Wastrel on January 15 2003 16:19:39
    You may want to consult your dictionary before embarrassing yourself further.

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Ex-ATA and Proud of it.

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 5:30pm

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Query: Why did everyone else in the car have the sense to duck while the "highly-skilled" stylist didn't? Hmmm...

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Your question of why the ""highly-skilled" stylist didn't [duck]" only shows that you know nothing about the physics of bullets fired from a gun. All bullets travel in a downward motion from the moment they are fired. Ricochets most often fall to the lowest point when they occur. All bullets that penatrate an object fall quicker. Ducking will more likely put you into the path of projectile that has penatrated and object, like a windshield or exterior of a car or ricocheted. Nor did you take into account that a bullet travels anywhere from 900 to 1500 feet per second, depending on the caliber, and that sound travles at 1100 feet per second. You would hear the shot either a fraction of second before, a fraction of a second after, or just as the bullet struck. It is not possible to avoid something traveling that fast by merely ducking, unless you see it coming and anticipate it.

Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.

Never approach a Bull from the front, a Horse from the rear, or a Fool from any direction!

He who dares not offend cannot be honest. -- Thomas Payne

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 5:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "You may want to consult your dictionary before embarrassing yourself further."

Please enlighten me. I would really love for you to explain my misuse.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Ex-ATA and Proud of it.

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 5:38pm

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahh, it's always such a pleasure to be surrounded by the individuals who revel in their own arrogance and very sparse analytical abilities. (Chuckling) Perhaps, you stylists would care to explain how you arrived at this preposterous presumption?

Exactly, where in that article did it lead you to make this asinine determination? The news report did not mention any detailed sequence of events, from when the first bullet left the firearm to the last bullet being discharged? Did the first bullet miss or did it hit? What did it impact? Were the succeeding barrage of gunfire are what led to the death of this young man or did they miss their mark as well? Remember, the gunman was firing on a moving target while in motion himself, there is a probability that his first shot may have missed, thereby giving the car occupants time to 'duck.'

In addition, what was the intervals between each bullet being discharged? This alone would be a determining factor before passing judgment, the stylist may have been frozen with fright, thereby negating his ability to seek cover. Let's face it, regardless of extensiveness of one's mcdojo training, it will never help to prepare you for the realities of actual combat.

Now, I'm merely postulating possible theories, but to draw an idiotic conclusion in the lame effort to prop up your floundering political agenda, is simply ridiculous.

Give a stylist enough rope, he'll usually find a way to hang himself for you...

Edited by - kungfoolss on January 15 2003 16:19:33
    Nor did you take in account the possibility that the shot or shots were fired from less then 10 feet away. It would be possible to hit another automobile traveling in the lane next to you, traveling at realtively the same speed, with ease. It is not like firing from a stationary position at a moving target, it is more like firing from a stationary position at a target the moves only slightly.

Edited by - Bolverk on January 15 2003 16:48:54

Never approach a Bull from the front, a Horse from the rear, or a Fool from any direction!

He who dares not offend cannot be honest. -- Thomas Payne
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast