Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Martial arts student slain

College student slain in freeway shooting

Matthew B. Stannard, Chronicle Staff Writer

January 14, 2003

Raymond Gardner was supposed to start his third semester at Skyline College in San Bruno on Monday. Instead, his mother was arranging his funeral. Gardner, 22, was shot early Sunday morning as he sat in the passenger seat of a friend's Infiniti after the friend honked his horn at a Chevrolet Tahoe that was being driven erratically on Interstate 380 in San Bruno, California Highway Patrol investigators said. Somebody in the Tahoe responded to the beep with a burst of gunfire, investigators said. One of those bullets tore through the back of Gardner's seat and into his head, according to his mother, Karen Gardner, who on Monday made the decision to end life support and donate her son's organs.

"He was helpful. He was loving. He was thoughtful," she said from the family's home in Pacifica. "He was my only child. I will never know a grandchild. Because somebody in an act of stupidity took everything from me. Everything I ever had. And all my husband and I can do is rattle around this house and know he is never coming home." Gardner said her son was on his way home from a San Jose party with two carloads of friends at 3 a.m. Sunday when the shooting happened. Investigators said Gardner was in the passenger seat of a white 1995 Infiniti driven by his friend, Alexander Hsieh of San Francisco, when Hsieh came across a Tahoe straddling lanes on I-380. Hsieh beeped his horn, then moved to pass the Tahoe, investigators said. As he did, somebody in the Tahoe opened fire with a handgun, then fled.

"Everybody ducked," Karen Gardner said. "Then they asked (my son) if he was OK, and then they felt blood on his head." Raymond Gardner's friends drove him to Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in South San Francisco, and he was later transferred to the trauma unit at San Francisco General Hospital. His friends stood vigil the entire time, his mother said. CHP investigators said they broadcast an alert describing the Tahoe to all Bay Area law enforcement agencies, and at 5:50 a.m., Daly City Police Sgt. Patrick Hensley spotted a vehicle matching that description in a parking lot at the Denny's Restaurant in Serramonte Shopping Center. The ensuing chase lasted 45 minutes and ranged across the Bay Area, south on Interstate 280, east on Interstate 380 and across the San Mateo and Bay bridges. The chase finally ended in San Francisco at 28th and Dolores streets, when three men bailed out of the Tahoe and ran, but were soon taken into custody, according to the CHP.

Arrested were Richard James Sedillo, 21, John Joseph Navarro Jr., 20, and Tito Andrew Sedeno, 21, all of San Francisco. All three men were in San Mateo County Jail without bail Monday night on suspicion of murder.

Gardner's death shocked his family, friends and members of two Bay Area martial arts schools, where he was remembered for his dedication, skill and willingness to help other students, and for his dreams of someday opening a school of his own. "He was sort of a natural at the physical stuff, but he also had a really good spirit," said Dave Bendigkeit, Sensei of Shintaikido of Pacifica, where Gardner held a second-degree black belt after years of training. In recent years, Gardner had turned his attention to Capoeira, a Brazilian martial art. Within three years, he achieved a graduate level that most students require five years to reach.

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 10:16pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is so sad... but at least he is very helpful in his way, he helped the world population by croak to give other people more room and foods.

"I would rather to admit I am a lousy student instead of saying I am the best student because once you thinks you are the best, you see no reason to continue learning"
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 10:35pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is so sad... but at least he is very helpful in his way, he helped the world population by croak to give other people more room and foods.
    You are soooooo heartless, get some counseling.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 10:52pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Query: Why did everyone else in the car have the sense to duck while the "highly-skilled" stylist didn't? Hmmm...

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start

***ned

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 11:14pm

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They ducked when they heard the shot. By that time, little Gardner was already hit.

delirious

Reading FD cause cancer

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 11:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HEARTLESS?! I don't thinks so, many person saw news of someone getting kill everyday and they just become used to it. So how do you expect me to have any feeling for some guy who got killed. However I do feel sorry when I read about what his mother say but that is all. After reading million stories about people getting killed on new papers or news. Do you expect me to go into mourning for some time or what?

"I would rather to admit I am a lousy student instead of saying I am the best student because once you thinks you are the best, you see no reason to continue learning"
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 11:41pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well kungfoolss, seeing how the bullet travels faster then sound, the guy would have been hit before he heard the shot.

Get a brain moron.

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"
    -Ghandi

Reading FD cause cancer

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 11:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Elipson that is what I says about (will...) being a bodyguard all of the time. people always ask me what woudl I do if someone pull a tigger and I can't hear it. Once you hear someone pull a tigger, it is too late to do anything but pray that when you look at the person aruond you, no one would be found dead yet...

By the way I may can't hear gun shot but CERTAINLY I can feel the vibrate it gave off.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 11:59pm

Style: Taekwondo/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More like the most laughed at man at Mcdojo.com.

It's really sick when you have to post about martial artists getting killed by random violence.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 12:11am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Query: Why did everyone else in the car have the sense to duck while the "highly-skilled" stylist didn't? Hmmm..."

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. I love that "hmmmm.....".

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast