Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 3:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: Submission Wrestling.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was wondering which Martial Arts techniques (hand to hand only) bullshido's forum members favoured, as there are so many people who obviously think highly of their art, everyone must of a few if not alot of favortie techniques. After all, this is what makes a martial art a fighting system - the techniques. :D

Try to keep to 10 or less technqiues, just one is fine with a reason for thinking they're/it's good.

Put what you think is the best technique of all too, if you can:

My favorite techniques (not in order of preference):

1)Roundhousekick (stuns, good to setup other moves),

2)Jab/Cross (fastest way to strike your opponent), clinch with knees (fatiguing, good to setup other moves, can wind person),

3)Underhook - basically all the main takedowns which go with it (can hurt when you're takendown with it, gives good positioning on ground)

4)Shoot variants: Double leg takedown (very fast, gets the person to the floor and can hurt opponent,) Single leg takedown, ankle pick,

5)Heelhook, achiles lock (fast foot submissions),

6)Kneebar (quick and disables the hole leg)

7)keylock,

8)armbar from guard,

9)armbar from mount (all quick arm submissions - they're almost a gurateed submission, like most other locks, if you manage to excute them.)

10)rear naked choke (quite quick, will choke person out :D _

11)and last of all guiloteen (very fast to put on, can result in an instant tap or choke.)

Favorite of all: Can't really choose - might be armbar/kneebar or guiloteen/rearnaked, anyone of the footlocks if not then knees from clinch, roundhouse or basic jab/cross. Love those takedowns and slams too. So can't choose a favorite.

There are loads more techniques - I haven't just chosen every technique there is in my systems - they're all my favorites (not that I'm any good at them, but can do them to an extent.)

Any replies would be interesting.
    "Training = pain." - I said that.

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 12:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1)tornado kick
    2)butterfly kick
    3)roundhouse
    4)spinning heel kick
    5)jab/cross
    6)hook/uppercut
    7)flying side kick
    8)any sweep
    9)seoi-nage
    10)rear naked choke
    11)any armbar

ya ya ya know what i'm sayin'-j roc

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 12:43pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My favorite techniche is definitely Guillotine from the guard. Its such a powerful move and easy to perform. I've tapped out much larger people in sparring with that.

After that I really love ankle locks.

As far as striking, the good old jab, cross, low kick has always been my favorite. You canclich from there very easily.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 1:27pm

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. Muay Thai clinch (for knees or takedown)
    2. Kimura
    3. Side Choke
    4. Reverse heel hook
    5. Chicago combo (left jab, right cross, right low kick)
    6. Fake a single-leg shoot, then overhand right cross
    7. Rear naked choke
    8. Triangle choke
    9. Armbar from side mount

Edited by - Vargas on January 14 2003 12:28:05
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 1:53pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nice replies - yeah guilloteen is very quick to put on - people are ususally caught offguard/by suprise with it.

In terms of control I'm not sure what I prfer, but side control does give you the option for full mount, but usual mount I guess is the best.

like all of those above moves really, not sure what most of those are though TKD fighter - sound interesting though. :D

PizDoff when drunk: "I'm actually MOST pissed that my target for the evening got drink...then I gave her my Bullshido Canada hoodie like a gentleman because she was outside with not much on...did I mention she barfed twice when I got our jackets...steaming barf is kinda fascinating..." - PizDoff.

RAAAAAAR! Fear the Tiger!

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 2:43pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Peedee brought up a great point...ankle locks. I learned early on that people go for the upper body SO often, they almost never defend the legs. Even LESS do they defend the legs against a lock from MY legs. So I've worked heavily on the leg-bars, triangle locks (various applications) and so on. Unfortunately, they don't seem to work well in traditional JJ (my art) competitions because the refs don't like to leave groundfighting for too long, and I tend to be very careful about my set-ups.

*sigh* Sometimes it doesn't pay to be meticulous.

Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"You sure talk a lot. Are you going to train at all tonight, or just stand there the whole time?" -Sempai Dale
    Regards,
    CrimsonTiger

"Na'h, they should go to old school rules.
    One guy gets sword and sheild, the other gets a net and a trident.
    Lions eat christians between rounds." - Strong Machine

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 2:50pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is few of tech I like to use:

1. Shoot wrestling arm take down (very fast and unexpected and could be turned into many locks easily)

2. Silat punching counter take down

3. Muay Thai kick blocking (Uses your shin to block someone shin when they tried to kick you, VERY painful to those not used to get hit in shin)

4. God's Fist (a hard downward punch to the head or collarbone, useful against grappler or ground fighter)

5. Harakure Ryu forward falling roll to sleep holder. (scary to get caught in this counter move)

6. Military Jujustu shoulder disconnecting technique

7. Military jujustu knife disarming technique

8. Star block (A way to block to leave opponent in open)

9. Harakure Ryu ground fighting pressure points (Use to get locks off you)

10. Monkey Steal the Peach (use your image lol)

Only #4 are self made move. All moves with style listed is where it came from. #8 and 10 are also from Harakure Ryu.

"I would rather to admit I am a lousy student instead of saying I am the best student because once you thinks you are the best, you see no reason to continue learning"
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 3:24pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    mixture of Tma and more modern moves there..

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 3:36pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YES :-) Any weakness in combine of those? I would like to work on my weakness area.

"I would rather to admit I am a lousy student instead of saying I am the best student because once you thinks you are the best, you see no reason to continue learning"
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Co-Founder, Retired Admin

Posted On:
    1/14/2003 3:36pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Karate,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crimson: If you enter a freestlye competition those locks will come in handy. Like you said, nearly NOBODY defends their legs.
    "All warfare is based on deception." -Sun Tzu, ca. 400BC

Reverse punch Kiaii!!!
Page 1 of 11 1 2345 ... LastLast