Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223 242526 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 2:44pm

Style: Style is Meaningless

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The video clip is crap. Either it was all staged or the MT guy was totally gassed and sucked bad in the first place. No good TKD fighter fights like that anyway. It looked like a demonstration for a McDojo. If the TKD guy threw some roundhouse kicks to the body and maybe a couple to the head as part of a combo while he PUNCHED I would think it was real.

I'm fully qualified to state my opinion on TKD since I have a blackbelt in it from the WTF instead of a 9th gup AKA. a white belt you little fool. I was pretty good at TKD too, being undefeated in full contact and having even beaten a 2x national champ at one state tournament. I quit because I think most TKD people don't stand a chance against a MT guy, a kickboxer, or most other types of stand up that include PUNCHING. I now traing my punches, knees, and elbows and a few simple kicks and I want to go to a grappling school next year when I start college. I also have been doing some light shin conditioning too to keep from hurting them if I go shin to shin with a MT guy. Even during TKD people yelled at me for "being a damn street fighter" "fighting like a boxer" "you should be a pro kickboxer" "all you do is slug with your feet and punch when you charge in" I just thought, "Good enough to beat your ass fool!"

The point is,
    a) most TKD guys don't stand a chance
    b) most TKD guys can't punch
    c) I bet I could beat the TKD guy in the video if kicking me in the head with his silly kicks is his entire game plan, learn to punch damn it!!
    D) and there are MT guys in korea, I know a TKD master who was a national champ in korea at kickboxing, he taught me for a few years TKD. His shins are just huge scars from shin-shin contact and training

Finally, its person who is fighting not the style and the school has a lot to do with the skill of a fighter more so than the style. And I really liked the fact that the MT guy was totally unphased by the head kicks that kept knocking him down as if they were just pushes.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/29/2004 7:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Osiris, will you wear your gi and black belt to our match?
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 8:05am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Osiris
    Blackbelt? LMAO. I passed on the 500$ (seriously) belt. Im dan bo. Anyway, I'll wear it if they'll let me.
    Hey Osiris,

If you whop this boy I will send you the paperwork for your black belt and a belt for $15.00 I'm giving you a Bullshido member discount. ha.ha.ha.ha.ha
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 9:24am

Style: Derek jones

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Stold3
    Maybe I do, it just seems far fetched that someone would keep moving into optimum range for flashy kicks just because they suck. Surely after the first couple times he would have grasped the concept of "Hold your hands up and run into him?"

I really wish the rest of the video were available.
    so he took a kick to the head deliberatly?..

or they were soft shots and he was playing it up?

is that what you are saying?

Boris
    London

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 11:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by miguksaram
    Hey Osiris, If you whop this boy.....ha.ha.heh.he.ha.ah.ha
    Am I not a man and a brother? ~18th century abolitionist movement

P.S. Osiris will be beaten without mercy.
    "The next one I will take will pay for my loss. Someone has to pay!" ~ The Axe Murderer

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 12:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by DARKSON
    Am I not a man and a brother? ~18th century abolitionist movement

P.S. Osiris will be beaten without mercy.
    Yes you are a man and a brother. But Osiris is a man and a brotha. So I's gots to lay may bet on the brotha man and not the otha man. :)
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 7:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Osiris
    Not to mention I need to train my TKD with the muay thai rule set in mind.
    I hate to be redundant but when I read this it makes me feel like you plan to find some Muay Thai guys and try to make your TKD work against them until next summer. IMO that is not TKD training, its Muay Thai training.

I think that in order to maintain the integrity of the points that we both want to make you should refrain from sparring w Muay Thai fighters until we fight.

I donít really care if you do train w Muay Thai guys until the summer. I still donít think you will be ready to defeat me. I just donít think it would be a true exhibition of Muay Thai vs. TKD. This is why we are doing this in the first place.

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 8:20pm

Style: Karate, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Meravod
    that was not a muay thai fighter. There was a thread on mma.tv about this and all agreed that the muay thai guy was set up to make tae kwon do look good and probably never trained muay thai. A real muay thai guy would have clinched and kneed the hell of the tkd dude or would have at least kept his hands up and covered up from those teolographed high kicks all aimed at head.
    The MA dosn't dominate the person.
    The person dominates the art.

Nothing about it, does anyone look MT any less. No. Big dead, the TKD fighter was better....end of story.

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 9:52pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, That Muay Thai guy sucked...

Middleweight

Posted On:
    10/01/2004 4:49pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Stop called him the Muay Thai guy dammit!! Iv'e seen many Muay Thai girls with more fight than that chump.