Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 6:17pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is This place Bullshido?

I've been looking for a good MMA place in my area and I'm wondering what you guys think of this place...here's there commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE-4P9kN8Vc

Info from there website( www.phillymma.com ) about the instructors.

Brad Daddis
    ---------------

Brad opened the Academies with the goal of having the best martial arts instruction in the region. Bringing in the best instruction from all over, he feels that he has accomplished that. He is a Mixed Martial Arts Fighter and a Pan American Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Competitor. He is also the only Fairtex Certified Muay Thai Kickboxing instructor in the area. See Fairtex.com for more info on the Fairtex legacy. Brad is a San Shou Kickboxing Champion as well.

Brad is a certified Yoga instructor. Brad is also working towards his cerification as a mental sports coach as well. Sports Psychology is the missing link in the martial arts, so Brad makes sure to cover this area in the curriculum. He is a certified Sports Hypnotist (guided visualization for sports enhancement)under the National Endurance And Sports Training Association. Brad is a USKBA Mixed Martial Arts Judge. Brad is always on top of the ever evolving martial arts and enjoys cross training with the best teams in the world including Team Quest and Chute Boxe. Brad also trains the Philadelphia Police Department as well as other Law Enforcement Agencies. He teaches Airforce Cadets Hand To Hand Combat in the tri-state area.

Brad is most proud of the champions he builds with the help of the remarkable staff at each Daddis Fight Camp. That remains his number one goal, to build and breed champions.

Brad is a NAGA Champion and North East Grappling Champion. We are proud that our instructors put it on the line themselves where some schools offer instruction from someone who has never tested his or her skills.

Wilson Reis
    -------------
    Wilson is a Champion Black Belt from Brazil. You will receive nothing but world class instruction from Wilson.

Robert Hill
    -------------
    The Wiz is our head boxing trainer and 2 time Golden Glove Champion. He has trained many champions.

Danny Ives
    -------------
    Danny is a 2001 Pan-Am champion, 13 time NAGA champion, 3 time NAGA superfight champion, Grappler's Quest champion, 3 time Copa-Atlantica champion, Victory at Valley Forge superfight champion, Grapplemania champion, California State Games champion, and 1-0 in NHB.

Rigel Balsamico
    --------------
    Rigel is one of our Muay Thai instructors. He is a great instructor with a special passion for Muay Thai. He was certified in 1999.

To further his Muay Thai experience and re-connect with serious training, Rigel recently (fall 2004 2005) made his second trip to Thailand, the birthplace of Muay Thai. Training went so well that it spurred Rigel to come out of retirement and add 3 more fights to his record which now stands at 22-5 with 11 KOs.

Two of these fights were nationally televised in Thailand. The most recent bout, mere days before his return to the states, pitted Rigel in a 75kg main-event at Kawilla Stadium in Chiang Mai. This fight ended with Rigel winning by TKO in rd 3 over his much-esteemed opponent, LeamPhet Wattanachai.

Now Rigel is back and more excited than ever to share his knowledge and experience. He also looks forward to fighting again in the states with the goal of being fitter than ever and capturing another title. With his teaching abilities, he is hoping to produce more champions and to further promote the benefits of training and instill the love of Muay Thai.

Sharon Bonewicz
    -----------------
    Sharon is a Brown Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructor with many accomplishments. Picture coming soon!

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 6:39pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't click the link. But based on the qualifications it does not sound like Bullshido. Muay Thai fighter and BJJ competitor? You could do much, much worse. Give it a try.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 6:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh yeah definately, but i figured I better double check after my past experiences.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 6:52pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm confused as to what in that description could at all be taken as indicative of bullshido.
    Do you know what the words you use mean?

Also, eye<3kanibasami

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 6:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're in Philadelphia also look into the Milgarese brothers, they supposedly produce top notch bjj competitors.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 6:54pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No he seems to have all his ducks in a row, plus the bag work looks good in the video which is always a nice touch. I like the flying armbars too!

TKD

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 6:55pm

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    100% legit.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 7:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I'd watch out. They're running a eugenics program to "breed" champions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 7:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well i'm not too experienced, as I feel the last place I was at was partially a mcdojang, I'm just making sure everything squares away with you guys/girls.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    5/25/2006 10:16pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Daddis' place is pretty solid. I second the recommendation for Migliarese's place; they're probably the best place in the area for grappling, although their standup program leaves much to be desired. Try both places and see which you prefer. Both are considerably better than almost anything else in Philly.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast