Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 10:20am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Way of the Bullet does beat the Way of the Empty Hand.

But I'm Canadian and can't carry a gun. I always have my hands and feet. Well, right now, anyway.

"I'm not tense; just terribly, terribly alert."
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 12:01pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Personally I thinks this issue is very difficult... Because most people say they can defitintely kill someone but when it happen in real life they will get all scared and be unable to shoot the person. MA may be effective but it does have disadvantgae too. Not everyone can win a fight all of the time especially if they have no real life fighting experince. So... here is what I thinks should be done, the women should go to school that TEACH THEM SOME COMMON SENSE!! Such as following:

1. DON'T walk outside when it is dark by herself, always bring at least two other person.

2. If you have to go to somewhere at night time, park in well lit public place where everyone can see you (the closer to store or restaturant window, the better, closer to police, paramedic truck, or fire truck, even better, closer to the emergency service system, WAY BETTER!).

3. Install alarm in house or car so if something happen, you can push a button and get attention or call 911 automically.

4. Lock all of the cars door when you are driving.

5. ALWAYS wear shoes that you CAN run well in!

That is just a very few of simple example of best self defense. The rest about disabling the attacker somehow are BS! Why walk into trouble when you can STAY out of it? If the trouble follow you, just go into store or something and call the police. That will give you more chance to survive than trying to fights against the trouble yourself.

"I would rather to admit I am a lousy student instead of saying I am the best student because once you thinks you are the best, you see no reason to continue learning"
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 12:41pm

supporting member
     Style: SECRET DEADLY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another point is it is one thing to learn to shoot a target and another to shoot a person. The argument of fear for my life may not apply because it is that fear that would cause you to pause. I know that even with all the bravado a forum like this brings out shooting someone is tough. That pause could get them killed. As the saying goes " do not pull a gun unless you are ready to shoot the gun"

Of course this hurts, after all it is not basket weaving.
    ----------------------------------------
    After reading Jekyll's threads I bring back an old sig.......

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/15/2003 2:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >Hmmmm... I wonder if Asia knew about the .380 in his ankle holster?

Ankle holster in issue boots? Not likely. Besides it was an officer. He would need a Powerpoint slideshow to remind him it was their!

>Another point is it is one thing to learn to shoot a target and another to shoot a person

Very true. I've seen it myself. Pple will freeze the first they take aim at another human.

______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!

"I love you Asia" - I Give BJJs Posted - December 25 2002 : 10:40:09
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12