OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    9/21/2004 1:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by miguksaram
    Wow, you must not be feeling well. That insult was not even close to some of your better ones. BTW...that's a split pants and yes, sword is real, unlike most of your friends.
    I use what you give me.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    9/21/2004 1:31pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *whimper*

Stop fighting!

Look what you're doing to the children!

*runs off sobbing*
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Posted On:
    9/21/2004 4:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cheng Jin Cai
    9730 Town Park Dr., Ste. #116
    Houston, TX 77036
    (713) 782-7437
    Chen Tai Chi

Before anyone starts , he Spars last I heard , and , in fact , is DIRECT from Chen Village . Debatably the best Chen school in the states . Hes Impressive enough to sway a 300lb boxer mate of mine , and hes got the goods .

***EDIT***

Hes got another Location where his Senior Student teaches across town or somethign . Same Cirriculae , however , AFAIK .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/21/2004 5:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This gentleman, Grandmaster Kim Soo, was one of the early (1951) Chang Moo Kwan students and later Kang Duk Won (1957). He founded the first permanent location for a school in Seoul in 1963 called "The Korean Taekwon-karate Academy and served as the first Korean correspondant to Black Belt Magazine 1964-68. He immigrated to the US to escape the pressure to teach the sport martial art. He still teaches the old forms and techniques and doesn't get involved in sport tournaments.

http://www.kimsookarate.com

R. McLain

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2004 5:10pm

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dont know if anyone answered your question yet but it depends on who he's looking for. Two of my favorite places to send people are Patumwadee Gym and Solis Martial Arts.

Patumwadee is down by the Astrodome and is run by Saul Soliz, who has helped train Ricco Rodriguez, Kevin Randleman, and others. They teach Muay Thai along with BJJ (some purple belts I believe) and are great at producing fighters.

Up northeast in Humble you have Alvis Solis, who is the only Dog Brother in Texas, and a brown belt in BJJ under Carlos Machado. Also a certified Guro in Arnis so if he wants to learn ANY kind of stick and knife fighting, Alvis is the guy in Houston. His guys are very active in the BJJ scene.

Also, there's Kru Pong, for traditional Muay Thai... Pong teaches at One 2 One Fitness, next to his restaurant, Thai Gourmet. Pong used to run a training camp in Thailand, and is Saul Soliz's instructor.

Oh, also, up in the Woodlands there's Yves Edwards' school, Woodlands MMA, also a great bet.

You can find contact info for all these places on my website, in the Texas Schools links section. Go to www.txmma.com and check the listings.

Good luck.

Paul

Posted On:
    10/01/2004 10:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Archlight , he said that his Brother was looking for a TMA school , not an MMA school .

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    10/01/2004 11:25pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But MMA is just TMA techniques, right? Basically Just Judo, remember? So why should it matter?

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Posted On:
    10/02/2004 6:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    because it wont hold his Interest ?

Im not arguing with you HH , but I mean , You went the Shaolin Do route ... do you really think that those guys would have ever learned to fight without their silly hairy Grandmaster and their 99 Levitating Blossom Forms ? Even if it DID take them 5 years to learn what you did in 9 months ? Now , Im with you , 5 years = too long for that , but hey , you can lead a horse to Water ...

Im offering a Soloution - Enough in the way of the Silk Pajama thing to appease the boy's Quai Chang Caine phantasies , and the REAL world skills to back it up .

Everyone Wins !

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/03/2004 10:07pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there is also po yee who teaches southern mantis on bellaire blvd. he is legit and traditional. i supposed i could also suggest the houston wing chun association. i don't know if they still exist. just avoid the wu shu kung fu guys. i just can not get past anyone who teaches 16 different styles of martial arts and everything looks like bad kickboxing...

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    10/04/2004 8:08am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks to all. I will send him the information on all the schools mentioned. Though he said he wanted more tradtional I would like him to check out the MMA class as well since I don't know if he has a clear picture of a MMA school or if he thinks it is simply what he sees in UFC type shows. Anyway thanks to all. I appreciate the help.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast