Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 12:30pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i get that sort of feeling sometimes too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 12:40pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    on second thought, no. no i don't.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 6:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by JKDChick
    *cough*increased circulation improves blood flow and heat transmission throughout the body*cough*
    No. We can go mt biking and get all sweaty and her hands are still cold.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 6:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by JKDChick
    *cough*increased circulation improves blood flow and heat transmission throughout the body*cough*
    Well, nice going. You beat me to the erection joke.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 6:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Antagony
    I was meditating the other day and popped a magical boner. It was warm.
    Note that this doesn't count, because jokes typically involve humor of some kind.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 6:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have any problem with traditional Chinese medicine. If you do I think you are being xenophobic. I mean look realistically at western med and the problem of co-evolution of pathogenic organisms and antibiotics. The long term, according to many Dr.s is very dismal; like strep that is resistant to all drugs. It's not like western med has all the answers and the rest of the world is a bunch of witch doctors rattling gourds. In China they use a weird combo of trad and modern western and it will be interesting to see what evolves over the coming years.

For example a friend of mine does chi gung and uses it to go to sleep in minutes. She has a therapy-help-teens type job with tons of stress and when uptight, uses chi gung. It works and it doesn't need to be mystical. Shiatsu massage also works. Are you willing to say that Shiatzu is bs? Are you willing to say all of Chinese medicine is bs?

"Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 7:33pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't dismiss anything outright, unless it's just blatantly insane, like flying off buildings, etc.

Hell, I own a TCM CD I picked up at Best Buy for $4.99.

However, I run things through the filter of Science when I don't have time to investigate them myself. (Again with this...) James Randi has yet to pay out $1M to a TCM practitioner for proving supernatural abilities, while there is loads of evidence on the corruption of the Chinese establishment (including government complicity) towards the promotion of such nonsense.

Ephedra was used by TCM practitioners, and it works. It has quantifiable, observeable effects. Laying your hands on someone and mumbling (which I've seen done by a Chi Gung guy in person) does not have any effects greater than placebo.

Again, feeling warm sensations while practicing breathing and using focussed isometric movements is nothing supernatural or even odd. If you actually sit and pay attention to all the crap your body does while you're going about your business, you'll be amazed.

Hell, I was 22 before I knew my scrotum moved of its own accord. But I didn't interpret it as my testicles having special powers. After a few days of concern and a trip to the library, I realized it was a natural process used to regulate the temp of 'the boys'.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 8:06pm

Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well your right, it isnt odd to get warm sensations, but the explanation is a bit more complex scientifically than that.....the heat generated during whats known as tumo meditation is ...well, the theory is.....hormones released from the hypothalimus breaking down sugars in the body if i recal correctly. the heat generated will drench you in sweat so its not like..."its a little warm"...its more like your hot to the touch....anyways...

i have a question for you phrost. iv seen you on the james randi forums and i would like to know why its neccessary for them to have your full name when you sign up. i was declined for membership because i refused to give my full name (first and last) on the form. The whole thing just seemed very "Mormon church" and plus i dont like giving my name out online. I used to be the biggest randi fanboy but i find it suspicious that he does not subject himself to peer review. I would also like to see a list of all the people who have tried his million dollar test, and what transpired during the exam. Surely there are some other sources for randi other than whats in his vault. I have searched the entire web for such a thing and have never found a list like that....i would be very gratefull if you could direct me to where i could find any information like that, thanks.
    Last edited by Ignorant; 9/17/2004 8:30pm at .

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 8:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by patfromlogan
    No. We can go mt biking and get all sweaty and her hands are still cold.
    Actually JKDC is right on this point. Her hands are probably cold because of the air moving over her hands while biking at a fair pace

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 8:39pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the warm stuff is called blood.

try exercising harder you fat freaks.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast