Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    9/16/2004 9:10am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

#1 Plumber on the Next Great Champ...

My fanboy desire to nutride #1Plumber continues to grow...

From: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showth...hreadid=197756

Dave Pareja (the guy that fought last night and won the first contest) trains boxing at the gym that I teach sub's.

#1-The style you saw him fight is EXACTLY what his boxing coach preaches. The really don't slip many punches. They fight very straight-up... legs fairly wide.... left hand out to far to generate alot of power on the jab.... and ALOT of parrying. They really, really, really, like the parrying.
    #1- Is Dave routinely schooled?

answer- a resounding no. His style does give guys fits. Not that he's beating people all the time. Just that it seems too neutralize his and his opponents offense. It tends to make both fighters look bad (whether or not this is by design... I do not know)

#2 Remember the fight is edited. This makes it very hard to judge. You can say that they both looked crappy (I would not). But you can't say who you thought won, simply because they don't show enough of the fight. It is specifically edited to keep you guessing for all four rounds and into the decision.

#3 I would disagree w/ the statement that it is easy to climb the ranks in boxing. If you are white and decent you have an OK shot. (but you almost need the right backing) If you are non-white you can fight like hell and never get noticed. You will have to knock everyone out. Home town decisions in boxing are a plague. So as you travel to fight you get screwed on two or three decisions.... now you are 7 and 3 instead of 10 and O. Your marketablity just went down the toilet. But you had to take the fights to feed your family...

ps-Boxing is a very dirty game and alot of good people get screwed. That's why I like this show. Gives boxers (even if it's only twelve) a chance to show their stufff and get some acclaim.

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 8:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm gonna TTT this because I thought it was cool that Plumber actually fought one of the guys and knows him.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 8:58am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You'll have noticed that the Sherdog Grappling forums is quickly becoming the #1 Plumber Nuthugging Forum, which is OK, since he does roxorz my boxorz. Have you ever read his stories about his fights when he worked at a community gym teaching MMA? He used to fight challenge matches, and do matches with criminials who wanted to get out of community service.

Posted On:
    9/17/2004 9:13am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have! I actually posted some of them here.