Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2004 8:43am

Style: BJJ, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

come backs

Can anyone think of examples where a fighter has been well behind in points and pretty much been dominated for the length of a bout, but has come back with a knockout or submission victory (in any combat sport)

Even better if you can provide a link to a video.

Posted On:
    9/16/2004 8:53am

Style: BJJ/Judo/HapKiDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nog vs CroCop. CroCop kept it standing almost the entire fight, scoring with some serious hits. Knocked Nog down at least once I think. Halfway through the third his sprawl was a moment too late, Nog took top on the ground, sidecontrol, mount, armbar all in about 45 seconds. Fight over.
    Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/16/2004 8:57am

supporting member
     Style: SECRET DEADLY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OLD BOXING MATCH , Marvin Hagler vs Tommy Hearns - Hearns had the reach and was doing a good job at keeping Haggler away with jabs and punchs racking up the points all the way. Hagglers eye started to bleed and the ref checked it and was going to call the fight. Haggler said something that looked like " give five me five mins. " then a flurry of punchs and Hearns is kissing canvas.

PS - I know these names may be strange since the fight happened before some of you were alive. Marvin Hagler great brawler. Tommy Hearns gold medalest and techniacl boxer.
    ----------------------------------------
    After reading Jekyll's threads I bring back an old sig.......

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.

Posted On:
    9/16/2004 9:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Randleman v Sakuraba. Monster was doing pretty much as he pleased with Sak the entire fight. The Sak slipped an armbar out of nowhere. However I should point out alot of people claim this fight was fixed.

Sakuraba v Schembri first fight. Sak was destroying the young Brazilian, until he got careless on a shoot and caught a knee to the face. Stunned, he was unable to protect himself and Elvis took advantage and pounded him into the mat.

Henderson v Ninja Ninja controlled pretty much the entire fight, controlled tempo was doing all the damage. Henderson came back in the third and laid a beating in Rua to get a controversial decision win.

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    9/16/2004 9:16am

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have one on tape... Ronald Jhun vs. Stephan Potvin. Ronal was dominating by GnP mostly and on the feet... then Jhun had his back in the 3rd and Potvin rolled and got a toehold.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Posted On:
    9/16/2004 9:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, Sak was showing off a little. It was supposed to be the big opening of his road to retirement fights. He seriously underestimated Schembri, and ducked his head very carelessly. It was in Pride 25. Same card as the Fedor Nog fight.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/16/2004 2:42pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't believe nobody put Severn vs Gracie.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/18/2004 1:11am

Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    awww man..... i was reading down the posts looking for that one omega haha....yea that i think was the most surprising come back iv ever seen.

Posted On:
    9/18/2004 7:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Kempocos
    OLD BOXING MATCH , Marvin Hagler vs Tommy Hearns - Hearns had the reach and was doing a good job at keeping Haggler away with jabs and punchs racking up the points all the way. Hagglers eye started to bleed and the ref checked it and was going to call the fight. Haggler said something that looked like " give five me five mins. " then a flurry of punchs and Hearns is kissing canvas.

PS - I know these names may be strange since the fight happened before some of you were alive. Marvin Hagler great brawler. Tommy Hearns gold medalest and techniacl boxer.
    I got that fight on CD.

Also, the Hearns-Leonard. Hearns was ahead on points, Leonardīs left eye retin was beginin to unattach. so, he chased Hearns with the one-two, turning to his left side, making him go backwards to the ropes. Then Leonard changed his turnin to the right, Hearns tried to hokkhim with the left and get away to his right side... and bite the bait. Leonard quickly turned agin to his left, stuck Hearns in the ropes, and a barrage of punches (almost 15 I counted) to the head and body. Hearns was out.

AIE, I donīt think Iīve explained it quite right, itīs almost impossible to understand. If anybody comes across this fight in the Emule, download it, itīs worth the time.

Also, Marziano-Walcott 1, Walcott ahead on points, then teh 13rd round came, both fighters launch the right cross, Marziano hits firts, Walcott brutally KOed.

Ready are you? What know you of ready?

Posted On:
    9/18/2004 1:43pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT(& Prenatal Yoga)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by omega
    I can't believe nobody put Severn vs Gracie.
    I don't count it as a fight. Severn did what he knew how to do at the time, take a man down and pin him. Then Dan laid on Royce for the rest of the time.

Severn gets a 10 minute primer on 'punching from the guard 101' before that fight and he turns Royce's head into tomato paste.

How about Oleg Taktarov Vs Tank Abbot?
    If a `religion' is defined to be a system of ideas that contains unprovable statements, then Godel taught us that mathematics is not only a religion, it is the only religion that can prove itself to be one. -- John Barrow

Talk to TBK's boyfriend:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast