Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/27/2002 2:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think most people suck when they can't see - stay low and keep moving is my advice.

By being low you will limit the ranges of attack to half of what they were - if he throws a random attack up high you won't be there. (Keep your guard up) Also, you might see him against a window, the sky or the cieling or something while he can't see you against the floor or ground.

Keep moving because then you will find the weapon, escape route or geographical advantage before he does - try to keep quiet though. You might be able to hear him first and get an advantage. You could also throw something to make him think you are somewhere else - or hit him.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    8/29/2002 1:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Instructor Arrested, Charged With Vandalism -

(1993) Los Banos, CA. Merced County Sheriff's deputies recently arrested martial arts instructor Dan Burnette and charged him with vandalism after he allegedly destroyed several headstones at the Los Banos Cemetery here. According to the Lieutenant Bill Blake, Burnette and a friend entered the cemetery and began practicing "karate chops" and kicks on headstones, breaking several of the granite slabs. Burnette was released on $5000 bail and was awaiting arraignment at press time.

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists and the Dominate Prevailing Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    8/29/2002 1:09pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How Musashi would have fared in the year 2002...

Lee Damron, 48, and Richard Cavalier, 59, dueled over a handicapped parking space in front of Oak Hill
    Hospital in Spring Hill, Fla. Damron was armed with a sword which he carried with him, Cavalier was
    armed with a registered 9mm handgun. The wheelchair-using Cavalier prevailed. (Midweek April 17, 2002)

CourtTV.com

Drivers, choose your weapons!

SPRING HILL, Fla. ó An argument between two handicapped men over a hospital parking space
    escalated when one man whipped out a sword, prompting the other to pull out a gun.

Lee Damron, 48, was arrested for aggravated assault on March 13 for his bizarre and menacing
    behavior, authorities said.

Eyewitnesses in the crowded parking lot of Oak Hill Hospital told police that at about 3 p.m.,
    Damron pulled near a disabled parking space, which was partially blocked by another car. Richard
    Cavalier, 59, the driver of the other car, had an appointment and had partly pulled into the space
    so that he and his wife could get his wheelchair out. Cavalier indicated to Damron that he planned
    to park in the spot, but Damron kept honking and eventually took the spot anyway.

Profanities were exchanged, followed by Damron stepping out of the car, holding onto a black
    cane with a golden snake head. Bystanders looked on with amazement as Damron then unsheathed
    a sword from the cane and proceeded to approach Cavalier. Cavalier immediately pulled out a 9mm
    handgun from the car and raised it slowly. Damron turned and ran through the hospital's sliding doors.

Police were called, and Damron was arrested minutes later. Cavalier was not charged because he
    had a permit to carry a concealed weapon, authorities said. No court dates have been set yet,
    according to a Hernando County court clerk.

Edited by - kungfoolss on August 29 2002 13:25:51
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    8/30/2002 5:15am

Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Yet he had the gall to look down on and speak ill of every martial artist he ever met. It was like he was validating himself by degrading everyone else."

Sounds familiar.

Where do you find all this stuff?

The guys breaking headstones with punches and kicks, are they bad martial artists or just stupid?

McDojo, is it what you do or is it what you think?
    I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror and I see STUPID looking back.

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    8/30/2002 5:18am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good thing he had the gun or he would be a shishkabob on wheels. What would of happened if the guy didn't pull his blade until the last minute?

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    8/30/2002 5:28am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "The following commentary is another stellar example of martial arts stupidity and amateurish
    ignorance -
    "
    Is it possible to change the tone of all this to:

stupidity and ignorance in the name of martial arts. There should be a distinction.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    9/01/2002 3:03am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    KFDW,

A. I found these items in martial arts magazines, martial arts related articles on various news sites and other martial arts forums.

B. A cane is an impact weapon and can be used to harm others, whether it concealed a blade or not does not alter that fact, especially if the attackers posture was menacing.

C. I personally don't see a distinction between the two.

Edited by - kungfoolss on September 01 2002 03:24:07

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    9/01/2002 3:08am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Department of Law
    120 Broadway
    New York, NY 10271

Department of Law
    The State Capitol
    Albany, NY 12224

For More Information:
    (212) 416-8060 For Immediate Release
    November 27, 2000

SETTLEMENT WITH NEW YORK STATEíS LARGEST KARATE SCHOOL CHAIN ENDS
    DECEPTIVE PRACTICES

$200,000 Agreement Includes Refunds to Consumers

Attorney General Eliot Spitzer today announced a settlement with the owner of the stateís
    largest chain of karate schools, which will end the schoolís deceptive sales tactics, refund
    $36,000 to consumers and require the owner to comply with New York state franchise law.

The settlement requires that Daniel Schulmann, the owner of Tiger Schulmannís Karate
    Centers, and the entities he controls, pay $195,000 in penalties and costs and register the
    school as a franchise with the Attorney Generalís office. Forty two New York consumers
    will receive refunds averaging $850.

The Attorney General had charged that Schulmann violated the stateís Deceptive Acts and
    Practices Statute, the Health Club Services Act, the Franchise Act and the Executive and
    Judiciary laws. Although Schulmann operates 35 karate centers, including 15 in the tri-state
    area, he denied in court that the chain was a franchise. Spitzerís investigation found otherwise.

"The repeated and persistent violations of the law by Tiger Schulmannís Karate Centers
    and Daniel Schulmann demonstrated his disregard for consumers and franchisees alike,"
    Spitzer said. "We will not allow New York consumers and investors to be bullied or deceived
    by the illegal business tactics used by this operator."

Spitzer also found that the school engaged in "bait and switch" sales tactics to entice
    consumers into signing up for karate classes. Students paid an initial fee of $1,500 for 150
    classes. However, high pressure sales tactics were used to induce students who had not
    completed the 150 classes to sign a second contract for intermediate classes, which cost
    $3,525 for 250 sessions. Refunds were not given for unused classes and students could not
    advance to the next level of instruction without signing the more expensive contract. Thus,
    students were being charged $5,000 for 400 classes.

Daniel Schulmann, the sole shareholder of UAK Management Company, the franchisor of
    the karate centers, denied that the chain bearing his name was a franchise even though all
    the centers paid franchise fees, taught the same style of karate, used the same logos and
    pooled their monies for advertising.

The settlement also requires Schulmann to register the centers as a franchise, offer New York
    franchisees the option of ending their agreement with Schulmann and to provide frianchisees
    a copy of the prospectus of UAK Management Company.

"To the detriment of several investors, Schulmann sold several franchises and then terminated
    these franchisees without registering a prospectus with my office and without providing
    them a prospectus, which is required by state law," Spitzer said. "The law requires Tiger
    Schulmann to disclose the financial history of the company and other material information
    on how it operates its business so that prospective franchisees can make informed investment
    decisions."

As part of the settlement, Schulmann agreed to end 11 defamation lawsuits he filed against
    a franchisee shortly after the franchisee testified in court for the Attorney General. In addition,
    UAKís franchise registration filings will be monitored by the National Franchise Council.
    UAK officials will also be required to attend franchise sales law training.

Assistant Attorney General William Estes said more than 50 consumer complaints had been
    received by the Attorney Generalís office and other agencies concerning the business
    practices of Tiger Schulmannís Karate Centers.

The centers are also being investigated by the Pennsylvania Attorney Generalís Office.

Assistant Attorney General Joseph Punturo, head of the Franchise Section, and Assistant
    Attorney General William Estes handled the case, under the supervision of Investor Protection
    and Securities Bureau Chief Eric Dinallo and Consumer Frauds Bureau Chief Tom Conway.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    9/01/2002 4:21am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The defendant in Commonwealth v. Feijoo, 419 Mass. 486, 487, 489-490

(1995), a karate instructor, was indicted for rape and other sexual abuse of nine male students in a continual stream of incidents over a period of five years.(10) The defendant's misbehavior was virtually identical in all instances. He led the boys to believe he was a "Ninja," supreme in karate; held out to each boy the prospect of becoming his protege; pressured the boys to "succeed" by overcoming their deepest fears, breaking through a "condition" and choosing to become gay, and thereby engaging in sexual activity with him.

Upholding the joinder order, the court said, "[T]he evidence in its totality shows a common scheme and a pattern of operation that tends to prove all the indictments." Id. at 494-495.

Rock ape baby pic

Posted On:
    9/01/2002 12:31pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then you are not a martial artists?

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast