Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2002 11:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sammy Franco sounds like he is a Grandmaster in the Soprano's School of Reality fighting. He has to be a real fatass. Does McDojo award a Dumbass of the Month? Does he bring his gay waiver to bars?

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    8/06/2002 1:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    www.sammyfranco.com

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists and the Dominate Prevailing Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    8/06/2002 1:26pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To: KUNGFOOLSS

With all due respect he did manage to break the cement blocks to attain his goal. Maybe
    next time he can try to break a stack of wooden boards with nails sticking out.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/5ae97cb2/bc/new+articles/flame+head.jpg?bcUO5d9AQ5JS8R84
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2002 1:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    <ol type=1>[*]http://www.darwinawards.com/
    <ol type=a>[*] Check out the Darwin award site for more of the above.</ol id=a>
    </ol id=1>

Edited by - DJ Coldfusion on August 06 2002 13:39:35

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    8/06/2002 1:42pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bruce Lee (26) Not to be confused with the martial arts legend, but instead a deformed epileptic pyromaniac who legally changed his name in honor of his Kung-Fu-fighting hero. This British arsonist once torched an old man after arguing with him over what to feed the pigeons. He killed eleven more people when he set an old age home ablaze.

In 1980 British police arrested him in a public bathroom frequented by gay men while he was looking for a b*** job. He confessed to all his crimes and is now locked up in an insane asylum practicing his Kung-Fu kicks.

http://www.mayhem.net/Crime/serial1.html

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/06/2002 4:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually trained under a student/contemporary of Mark Saito. While the legends are extraordinary, and somewhat hard to believe, the skills of the master are not. Shannon Phelps, a Master of Saito Ninjutsu, is a hell of a fighter. I would not want to mess with him. Saito and he were both trained in Hawaii by the Father you are referring to in your article.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    8/07/2002 1:29pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Groganer, extraordinary? Try, BS and impossible for anyone with half a brain to believe.
    You may need to be deprogrammed my friend.

Yes...certainly at one particular point in Fred Ettish's career, his students feared him as well.
    (Rolling eyes)

Edited by - kungfoolss on August 08 2002 12:59:22

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2002 1:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kungfoolss,

What I said was that the legends are extraordinary, (which means out of the ordinary), and that they are hard to believe. I then went on to further state that Shannon Phelps is a hell of a fighter. What about that indicates that I need deprogramming?

I don't fear Shannon, nor do I fear his fighting skills. I have no need to, because I'll never fight him. I'm also no longer a student of his. That being said, I can still recognize that he is a hell of a fighter, and I can only conclude that this level of skill came from his master. Incidentally, Shannon started studying at the age of 3 or 4 because he had Polio, and it was the only way he was going to be able to live a normal life. I'd say that's pretty impressive, regardless of whether you think the legends of Saito Ninjutsu are true or not.

Peace!

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/07/2002 3:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I for one take Saito's Legends as NOT true.

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invinsible Asia) Emporer of Baji!!! THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE AGAINST THE UNITED AUSSIE FRONT!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/07/2002 4:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would agree with you. Learning from a ghost seems pretty ridiculous to me, though it's not out of the realm of possibilities. I personally believe that spirits, demons, ghosts, do exist, and thus why couldn't one learn from them?

That being said, it is a highly suspect legend. But it's a legend, and nothing more. It doesn't diminish the skills that the masters of this art hold.
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast