Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    9/13/2004 9:32am

supporting member
     Style: MMA (and others)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok. Here is a rundown, from an ex-bodyguard/ex-bouncer (multiple clubs, and single to multiple attackers) chokes work exceptionally well. Kimura's Americana's, knee-bars (**** happens), Figure 4's on the feet, and hip locks work well in teh str33t. As do throws, and knees, and (insert technique here) the thing is just to study. Yeah you may only ever get to use that ridge hand strike to the ear one time in your life, but you got to use it (something about the apporpriate technique for the attack). As far as stopping someone from attacking, if they stop, then you can too. If they don't (and usually it's pretty fuckin obvious) then you cause them as much pain as possible in the shortest amount of time that you can. If there are multiple attackers, and the first guy wants to attack after you have repeatedly warned him not to, turn his face inside out, double leg him (blow him out), mount him and beat him until the blood runs freely. Then stand up and see if his friends want to attack (they usually don't, but in rare cases they do...meh). USUALLY, making him into a good example gets your point across. If not do it again, your in a fight and your going to take some damage. If your worried about getting hit, or afraid of breaking someone's spirit (and not just thier limb) stop taking MA and take up knitting, or underwater basket weaving, leave fighting to those of us that accept the challenges when they come.
    [A friend once told me he found Jennifer Connelly hot.
    "Would she still be hot if she were melting in a car wreck, like at the end of Pollock, smelling of burnt hair and bubbling intestines?" I asked.
    "Oh hell yeah."
    "How? How would you even have sex with her?"
    "Just let her cool and fold her over, like an omolette."
    Since then we've always had this universal sign for Jennifer Connelly, it's like an "opening a book" motion, only backwards. And we are often known to softly remark "....like an omolette".]--boyd

Posted On:
    9/13/2004 9:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was younger, I would tap out when the pain was too much.
    I was young and stupid.
    I now tap wehn someone gets the lock on.
    Why?
    Because, if someone who knows what they are doing gets a lock or choke on, you are finished.
    You counter locks and chokes, BEFORE they get "sunk in", NOT after.
    I don't need my arm dislocated or shoulder poped, to be reminded that a lock incapcitates or be choked out till I loose baldder control, to know that I should have countered the choke BEFORE it was squezzing the life out of me.

If I break/dislocate your arm on the street, you have one arm left, you you couldn't stop me from breaking one arm, when you had two, what makes you think you can stop me from doing anything else, now that you have only 1 arm ?

Sometimes I find that, with younger trainees, their egos get the best of them and they end up getting hurt for no reason, other times, they aren't experienced enough to know when their opponet has the lock "sunk in".

The wait to tap and SNAP, CRACKLE and POP.

Not remotely funny

Posted On:
    9/13/2004 10:05am

supporting member
     Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ronin - tut, tut, you're getting very close to that anathema of all mma - the compliant uke. Who'd have thought a bad boy like yourself would have learnt to protect your joints in training...

Posted On:
    9/13/2004 10:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah... getting to old to hold out for ego.
    I did that a few weeks ago on an ankle lock, still nursing it, I haven't even been able to do any decent bag work, everytime I plant my left foot, the pain shoots up my ankle and leg.
    Stupid of me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/14/2004 9:14pm

Style: Bjj/kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It doesn't necessarily take long to choke out the average person. I choked out a Marine who went on a rampage in a local establishment who went on a rampage, and he went out nearly as soon as I secured the lock.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234