Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Unemployed

Posted On:
    9/12/2004 12:57am

supporting member
     Style: Filthy Jailhouse Tactics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I don't see that stuff much where I come from either.
    MY NAME IS ANTAGONY I SUCK AT COMBAT SPORTS KTHX

"blahblahblah, but I don't think I'm going to train tonight."
    "Fag."
    "Well if that were true, then I'd really REALLY want to come train!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2004 1:32am

Style: Juijitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Osiris
    Why would you EVER do a calf crank?
    I probably wouldn't. Yet that technique is still perpetuated, despite its limited utility.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2004 2:10am

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are plenty of techniques that are not fight enders yet are very useful, especially for maneuvering inot position for said "finishing" moves. It's beeen side time and again that although dislocating someone's shoulder or hyperextending the elbow MIGHT end a fight, there's certainly no gaurentee.

From a defender's POV, if YOU are fighting for your life, would you just stop defending yourself after your arm is broken? That is why you should be concentrating on your positioning and disbalancement first. When it comes down to it, an arm break just breaks the arm. But this does make it a hell of a lot easier to get a choke on.

Likewise, techniques that induce pain rather than injury might help break the arm, which helps get the choke. And so on. So knowing how they work together is valuable. But I'd say primary concentration should be on positiong and control of space, then the "major" techniques like chokes, basic striking, and large jointlocks, and then fill in the helpful stuff along the way.

The Eternal n00b

Posted On:
    9/12/2004 2:25am

Join us... or die
     Style: CM Boxing/BJJ/RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When people have limbs broken/dislocated, don't they usually go into shock? I'm not talking about a broken finger or something. If I yank an americana all the way through for instance, that's some serious damage.

If they do go into shock, they won't be fighting too much. Worse case scenario, as Osiris pointed out, is that they keep coming, but with a broken limb. That is already a massive benefit to you.

The Eternal n00b

Posted On:
    9/12/2004 2:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: CM Boxing/BJJ/RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by mididoctors
    i would be happier with some explannation of the application of standing chokes if that is viable.. i have applied chokes but never actually choked someone out... how long does it take.. could I hold a choke for a few seconds then release and still leave someone splutering for breath for instance? or is that just ridiculously ineffective and pointless?
    I'd say make sure of them before letting go. Hypothetically speaking of course, it may be better to hang on to them for a few seconds after they go limp. While you're choking them, you have a shield against other attackers. Once they're done, push them over to create a barrier to help you get away.

I have not , nor wish to, tested this. However it seems a logical thing to do. I'm sure we have some ex-door people here, they should have some good input.

***ned

Posted On:
    9/12/2004 5:02am

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The bicep slicer can break your arm, and the calf slicer (which is what I assume you're referring to when you say "calf crank") can **** up your knee pretty frickin' bad.

***ned

Posted On:
    9/12/2004 5:05am

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Zeddy, are you mentally retarded?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2004 5:57am

Style: Derek jones

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Osiris
    Did you really say this? That is how people get bootraped. You'll have fucking trees tatood on your ass by the time they're through with you.
    yes it would appear to be highly dubious taking on multiple opponents.

fighting 5 guys at once would appear to be an impossable task.. something for the movies you would think.

Boris
    london

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2004 6:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Armparn

The various strangleholds can render someone unconcious in seconds making them extremely useful neutralizers.
    few=2 or 10? has anybody here done this to completion?

Boris
    london

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/12/2004 6:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Zeddy

I have not , nor wish to, tested this. However it seems a logical thing to do. I'm sure we have some ex-door people here, they should have some good input.
    the thing about door men and bouncers is that they generaly work in a team so the situation is physcological and tacticaly very different from the type of encounters I am thinking of here

no doubt solo door men may refute this

i suppose you could practice for team steet combat... having doctrine for watching each others back would make 2 men quite formidable if done right.

the speed bouncers home in on trouble in a club and use ther numbers to overwhelm trouble makers is a sure sign that physcological commitment by more than one person in a gang is very effective.

Boris
    london
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast