Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/19/2004 11:33am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My Frankish infantry open container ships of whoopass on your legionnaires, Jenfucius.
    Knights, basically= heavy cavalry. They'd only fight on foot it unhorsed. A cavalry attack against infantry equipped with staff weapons unsupported by infantry is pretty much suicide, though.

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    9/19/2004 12:06pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, you would win...if you had a TIME MACHINE

Shogun of Long Island

Posted On:
    9/19/2004 12:09pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by jubei33
    samurai were outlawed in the 1860-70's during the meiji restoration-- the 20th century armies were conscripted from the general populace.

They did conquer all of the korean penninsula and parts of China. even though they were repulsed in the end, this still corraborates my point: that they werent entirely untested in battle against other nations.

they're major problem with this action was controlling their supply lines. the routes across the japan sea become treacherous during typoon season. It was impossible to ship material back and forth to Japan. This is the major reason they lost.

Within a month after they landed, they had conquered all of the korean peninsula and chunks of china. They realized that if they were to wait for supplies and reinforcements they would be cut off during the typoons. They felt this would be a fatal mistake, packed it up and left.
    no one is impressed. anyone can begin a war and make some modest gains

Posted On:
    9/30/2004 10:39pm

Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was thinking about this earlier this week....time to resurect this thread.

one other advantage that Japanese armies had at the time was sheer numbers. the average Japanese army fielded was quite a bit larger in size than the majority of European armies in question. The battle of Sekigahara alone fielded over 100,000 troops (both sides combined), whereas at Agincourt the French had just over 25000 troops (English 5900). {Battle of creecy; F30 000 to 40 000, E12,000} etc

Roman legions on the other hand "consisted of about 5,000 to 6,000 (later 8,000) infantry soldiers and several hundred cavalrymen. Legions were named and numbered; about 50 have been identified, although there were never that many in existence at any one time. Usually there were 28 Legions plus their Auxiliaries." Julius Caesar's legions had only around 3,500 men in service.

Furthermore, the Japanese had colonized parts of paek che in korea as early as the 3rd century and were actively involved in aiding favored korean kings from waring factions in their own nation. At this time the koreans were involved in a long civil war and benefited greatly from alliances with the imperial court in Japan.
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2004 4:14pm

Style: Hung Ga Gung Fu + Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    English Pig Dogs! I blow my nose at you and your silly English k-nnnnniggets. Samurai all the way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/01/2004 10:04pm

Style: Sohbakhdoh, Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's got an interesting point about Plate Mail and Longswords, which improves my opinions about knights.

To the Bat Pole!

Posted On:
    10/04/2004 7:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hel-lo? Plate mail is -2 Damage all over, a shield is - 1 Damage all over, and Longsword is +1 Damage.

Samurai would clearly be at a disadvantage.

Go Knights!
    Mr Politically Correct GIJoe6186:
    Fat people disgust me in every way imaginable. I was at Freindly's with my girl tonight and saw a bunch of fat fuckers. I felt sorry for the pavement they were killing and the people who had to see them. .
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456