Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2004 5:41pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by tkdan28
    funny... I thought it sounded rather hot.

EDIT: yeah, I am postwhoring to try to read the new message... but it was hot.
    what new message (doing the same)

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2004 5:42pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    not to go totally off topic - but how can you check out the message that flashes up when we post (for more then .5 seconds)?

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    9/09/2004 6:15pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by edward
    Huh? Most guys in martial arts will SCRAMBLE for a woman who does martial arts.
    Bullshit. ONE MA I know dates a woman who trains ... ALL the others are into sweet little prissy girlie-girls, the dumber and more helpless the better.

But look, that's not the point of this thread. I'd REALLY like to here from people outside North America as to the % of women in their clubs.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Posted On:
    9/09/2004 6:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, when I attende karate (Shito-Ryu) classes when I was in highschool, the percentage of women were bigger. We were about 20 (the number varied) people, of which almost 8 were women (including my sister).

Lightweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2004 6:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing Judo MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by edward

Then, again, I was up in Canada for a while, and would try to hit on Canadian women, and they were even worse than American women if you can believe it. They always had some reason they didn't want to go out with somebody. It was like they were in Anne of Avonlea and couldn't just go out with a guy, but had to obsess about it endlessly for months on end.
    Okay, this is just too pathetic. Perhaps it's you Romeo. Actually, for sure it's you Romeo.

Perhaps they were obsessing over why and where their lives had gone so badly astray that they were subject to the subtle come-ons of El Edwardo, Internet God of Love.

As for JKDC and why she isn't "grappling" more with her male classmates, well, I've never met her, but I suspect she thinks that's a bit low class. Or maybe she's holding out for you.

Posted On:
    9/09/2004 6:26pm

Style: N/A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by JKDChick
    Bullshit. ONE MA I know dates a woman who trains ... ALL the others are into sweet little prissy girlie-girls, the dumber and more helpless the better.

But look, that's not the point of this thread. I'd REALLY like to here from people outside North America as to the % of women in their clubs.
    Well, I tried dating women from martial arts class.

They were all going out with other people, except for one, that I went on a couple of dates with, who turned out to be seriously manic-depressive.

Sorry if that doesn't meet your expectations. I'd try to date you, but you'd obviously think I'm a loser. Plus, there's that living in other countries thing.

Posted On:
    9/09/2004 6:28pm

Style: N/A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Solid
    Okay, this is just too pathetic. Perhaps it's you Romeo. Actually, for sure it's you Romeo.

Perhaps they were obsessing over why and where their lives had gone so badly astray that they were subject to the subtle come-ons of El Edwardo, Internet God of Love.
    Hehe. Actually one of them tried to set me up with her sister, they were both gorgeous and from that city outside Vancouver where they film Smallville. (Can't remember the name ... A something).

But around that time I lost my job up there. Not complaining about that one. :)

Rolls With Sweaty Men!

Posted On:
    9/09/2004 10:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No women over here at Millennia.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2004 5:01pm

Style: epak

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by JKDChick
    Funny, a lot of the guys I know & have trained with date w/in the arts. The percentages seem to go up with their time in the system. My boyfriend seems pretty happy that I train with him, at least up until I poke him in the eye or kick him in the nuts or something fun along those lines.

My old judo instructor certainly advocated sharing MA benefits between partners. "And if they make you mad, YOU CHOKE THEM OUT. YOU SHOW THEM WHO'S BOSS."

Strangely, he's divorced now...

Here our male/female split runs at about 10-15% girls, tapering off as you get higher up the ranks.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    9/10/2004 9:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find it interesting to hear JKDChicks point of view. That most men who do martial arts in Canada/ North America are looking to date timid and febile women. Such a shame. Its quite the opposite down here. In Kyokushin we have women of different age types. Although not too many. Some are quite good looking and in the adult classes we all joke around.

The female ones have been hit on and asked out by others although they are taken - or so I've been told. In the other martial arts apart from Kyokushin I have done there have been very few women. If they join they do not stay for long. I guess real martial arts hurts. Especially at a competitive level. And it takes a special kind of person to do it. Especially if they are female.

I could make a generalisation here in Sydney and say the martial arts is a mans domain but I won't. The fact is most females take martial arts for fitness - not to develop serious fighting skills. Just what I have noticed.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast