Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    7/29/2002 6:52pm

Style: Tai Chi & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Blade, Brian is really just a green belt in judo. I'm not sure who gave him the honorary black belt for that art. But, it does remind me of a funny story.

I was the time keeper for a local judo tourney. Brian was there watching the event. During some matches between some brown & black belts, he would shout out instructions to one competitor or the other as if he knew more than they did.

There was a time when his know-it-all attitude pissed off a praying mantis/tai chi instructor. Brian was demonstrating a tai chi form that was passed on to him by the praying matis guy's student. It was kind of like that movie "Multiplicity." You know, a copy of a copy doesn't come out anywhere near as sharp as the original. Well, during the form, Brian would do this limp wrist move with his hands that made him look like a gay ballerina. When performed correctly at full speed, some of those tai chi moves are pretty good for self defense. Well, the praying mantis guy tried to correct Brian. Brian gave him the I-know-all attitude. And the praying mantis guy offered him the opportunity to take turns performing the techniques on each other. Brian could do it his way, the praying mantis guy could do it his way. But Brian, being the "man of peace" that he is, declined. I would have been afraid of the guy too. You guys can see him standing next to Joel Sutton right before the Macias-Taktarov fight at UFC VI. He's got a shaved head & goatee.

Wandering Daoist

Posted On:
    7/30/2002 12:31am

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The guy sounds like a fucking know-it-all, saying **** like "Tai Chi Chuan is the mother of all martial arts" and "All martial arts are the same, internal or external".

Makes you want to say, "Who the **** are you to say **** like this?" during his last few seconds of consciousness before he's KO'd in a heap on the floor.

--------------------
    And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "The morning glory blooms for an hour. It differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years."

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    7/31/2002 12:02pm

Style: Tai Chi & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's another Brian Lay story. A friend of mine named Nathan Martin has won several semi-pro boxing tourneys. Impressed with Nate's skills, Brian made a deal with him: Brian's dojo pays Nate's entry fees for these tourneys (usually $50 a pop). In return, Nate tells people he's a black belt in Brian's system. If you watched Toughman on FX during the 2000 season, you'll notice that Nate's prefight interviews were done at Brian's dodjo while Nate wore one of their gi's.

Well, after one particular tournament where Nate finished runner-up, Brian - who had no input in Nate's training whatsoever - said something like, "There's nothing more I can teach you. I think it's time you start training with this other guy." The other guy was a legit boxer from out of town that Nate HAD worked with already.

Titan

Posted On:
    8/02/2002 5:23am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OMG what an absoute WANKER that guy is !

"How did I smash that brick ?
    I'll tell you.... with my fucking Chi Power !!!"
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12